NuVasive, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work, good benefits.
Shareowner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 1, 2015
NuVasive offers a wide variety of positions across the globe and they provide excellent benefits. My current position is full-time but limited for advancement opportunities in this area. Management is understanding of work-life balance but sometimes work MUST come first regardless. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that the services and products we provide help people get their life back after spine surgery and can live pain-free.
Great Cultural Environment in the Workplace
Associate Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 1, 2015
This company allowed for internal growth, although they are experiencing shifting in upper management. Along with shifts in all other areas of the company, this creates some instability as far as future job security. In fact, along with the COO resigning in early 2015, the CEO just resigned at the end of March 2015. However, they have a fantastic cultural environment, and the best benefits package I've seen to date.
Pros
Great cultural environment and amazing benefits.
Exceptional company given the area and market
Distribution (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 9, 2014
I worked in the distribution center in Memphis. From there, the company ships its products domestically and internationally. The days were usually fast paced and busy. The warehouse is clean, safe, and relatively quiet.

There isn't much to learn, but if you have never had any experience using SAP, working here can be a good starting point.

Departments are normally run by team leads under the supervision of an associate manager.

Co-workers are usually friendly and very open about their feelings about the company. They gripe a bit, but they all agree that there aren't many jobs better out there for them, considering the requirements.

The hardest part about the job depends on the department. Some departments work lots of hours; others may ask for lots of output within a limited amount of time. Also, though it pays more than many warehouse jobs in the area, it still isn't much.

The health benefits seem to be very generous.
Pros
free snacks in snack machine, health incentives, good benefits
Cons
long hours, stingy pay, not enough workers
Cheetah Speed
Sr. Administative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2015
Great work environment with room for growth and advancement. Company is loyal to employee's who are loyal in return. Great food, great perks, lots of good morale.
Great corporate culture!
Spine Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 22, 2013
This company provides all the support a sales professional needs in order to get the job done!
Pros
benefits are excellent
Cons
100% commission based
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2012
good place to work.
management is not the best
learned a lot about virtualization
co-workers are good
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
24 x 7 on call
a place that you can learn and have great support team
FIELD TECHNICIAN/distributor coordinator (Current Employee) –  paramus , njJanuary 22, 2015
on my daily basic I have to prepare equipment for surgeries , I learned about spine anatomy I have a greats team one of the harder part of my job was to learn and memorize different kind of T-Code on SAP System but with a lot of practice is coming a fun part , one of the most enjoyable time that I have was to work hand to hand Local reps they treat distribution workers with so much respect and I have so much respect for that team that always willing to work with distribution personnel and treat people right and with respect !
Wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 13, 2015
Nuvasive was an amazing company to work for. I had a wonderful experience with the Sales Reps and my coworkers. The only reason I left was because of relocating due to my spouse being stationed in Missouri.
Pros
Treated workers great
Cons
nothing
Good company-High tech Spine
Spine Associate, Washington, D.C (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 2, 2014
Good company-High tech Spine. Company culture could be a lot better. Hard to get in with surgeons who use Medtronic and other big players in the business. Like the fact that NuVasive is small.
Pros
high tech
Cons
bad management
great company
Prototype Machinist (Former Employee) –  san diegoJanuary 15, 2015
I cannot say enough great things about this company. The management knows how to do business and is concerned about the welfare of employees.
Pros
it's all good
Cons
the pay could be better
Aggressive Growth
Accounting/Finance (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2012
This company has and is still pursuing aggressive growth within an industry/market/economy that has been shrinking. The demand on its people are high, the requirements are strenuous. If you are a self starter, motivated, looking for aggressive growth in experience, it's the place for you.
Pros
aggressive experience
Cons
aggressive work environment

4.4