NVIDIA

NVIDIA Employee Reviews

Oldschool industry mindset hampers sense of fun, but the right people can bring it back
Cloud Streaming Software QA Engineer (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free(ish) dinner at 7pm, fairly easy to get free PC games, great health insurance
Cons: No free lunch/breakfast, many departments still work in cubicle farms
Nvidia is a great place to work, but it's lacking when it comes to having a conducive environment for younger or start-upy kinds of employees. It's a very classic style of doing business, and many of the middle people (who've been there for less than 10 years) will tell you that you could do worse in many places, but you could also easily do a lot better.

Management is pretty hands off, certain ones will micromanage, but in general the structure of power is accessible from the lower rungs. The hardest part of my position was being one of the very few people who represented the target market/audience, and so many of the people making these products wouldn't ever consume them, and that dissonance was aggravating to be around.
Great place to work with some drawbacks
Learning & Development Programs Manager (Current Employee), Santa ClaraJuly 31, 2015
Learning and Development team at Nvidia is fairly new and still going through growing pains. There is immense potential for great stuff here but the lack of accountability is the crux of the problem. A lot of the times we over promise and under deliver. That doesn't help matters for a young team that is still finding a place of its own. My grouse is that we are still considered a non essential function and pretty much operate like a service organization instead of being strategic!
Learned a lot
Product Engineer (Former Employee), TaiwanJune 24, 2015
This was my first professional job. I suffered a lot but also learned a lot from my co workers and colleagues!
Even though I left that industry but I still miss them!
Nvidia
Software Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJune 5, 2015
Loved working here. I probably learned the most about being QA here than anywhere else. The people are all great and never was left without equipment to test with.
This company provides lunch and dinner to employees for 50cents
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 28, 2015
This company provides lunch and dinner to employees for 50cents
Flexible working schedules
Allows you to work from home if needed
Great direction from CEO, but department management can be a bit confusing
Demand Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great culture, great benefit, great leadership from CEO
Cons: Can be confusing on knowing what's expected if you're in a particular group
CEO gives great talk and knows what he is doing and what he wants the company to be doing. However, you can be in a group with management that gives no direction or nothing specific at all, which can make it confusing on what you should be doing.

One time, the VP set up a meeting to have us suggest ideas of improvement for a software tool. However, he didn't specified the purpose of that meeting beforehand, and thus, nobody prepared the appropriate material for the meeting discussion. At the end, we had to reschedule the meeting, which made the first meeting a waste of time in my opinion.
Would love to work again at Nvidia.
Graphics Software Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 28, 2015
Nvidia is a cutting edge company and you get to learn a lot from highly competent people. I learnt a lot in just 3 months of my internship.
Great pay, strong CEO
Director (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great compensation
Cons: 401K program/contributions
Compensation is at or above market. The company provides competitive benefits, except for the 401K, which is not comparable to other large companies. Compelling technologies and products.
At the convergence of HPC & Automotive & Mobile
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAApril 3, 2015
NVIDIA is well positioned because of its presence in GPUs, High Performance Computing, AP & Mobile Connectivity to take advantage of opportunities in Automotive world.

Mobile connectivity is something that they need to take a deeper & serious look into though, given the serious competition.
fucus and initiative empoyee, sports minded such as basketball, ping pong
Electrical Tester/Operator (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 19, 2015
Develop functional simulation and I learned to validated, verified and analyzed graphic microchip. Mangement are good processing of dealing with controlling things or people. And co-workers are worked with the team.
Great place to work with great colleagues
Physical Design Intern (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Integration of inhouse tool Mender(netlist analysis and modification tool) of NVIDIA with ICC(Synopsys) and development of new flow methodologies for Place and Route.
 Development and implementation of new algorithms for adjustment of macros and pins in floorplan during upsizing/downsizing of the floorplan. Identifying the flow breaks and tool misbehavior during resizing and suggesting remedial changes.
 Development of parsers in Perl and Tcl for the reports generated by ICC and ICC2 and uploading them to an API for the users to view.
Big company run like a start-up
Sales mangement (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: cafeteria food is good
Cons: processes and tools are in the stone ages
Bad: Little or no organization, very little processes, micromanaging management, managers who were great individual contributors but horrible people managers. Too political an environment.

Good pay, decent work life balance.
Great
ASIC Verification Intern (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Two major tasks of this intern position:
One is to clean up VCS warnings and provide the specific fix.
Another is to analyze CPU usage in Verilog simulation. Modify design codes to minimize simulation time.
The most enjoyable part of this work experience is people in Nvidia are really excellent and helpful. Even though I work independently, I never feel alone.
The most hardest part of this job is to figure out how the company manage the whole chip design flow.
summary
Staff System Engineer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Great place to work, highly passionate people, long work hours and tend to have multiple projects in same time.
NVIDIA has a great culture
ASIC Development Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: relaxed culture, taco fridays, many team events (movies, bowling), good benefits.
Cons: inconsistent documentation that quickly becomes outdated.
I like working at NVIDIA for the culture and the friendly people. Unfortunately, the work I'm doing is not very fulfilling for me, and there are no opportunities for what I want to be doing at the location that I'm at.
Great for NCG
Sr. Manager, Product Design Engineering (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 1, 2014
great place to learn for NCGs. Good management team, no politics.
good
silicon validation intern (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 31, 2014
nothing to complain
still have star-up culture
very busy
great for an intern experience
Fun Place to work
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: n/a
The most fun and great place to work
Friendly co-workers
Great work and life balance
FUN PLACE, VERY PRODUCTIVE
SR LEVEL PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD DESIGNER (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMay 19, 2014
LOVE WORKING THERE. MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT, COWORKERS WERE FUN TO WORK WITH.
Good
SAP SCM CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: not good management
It was good working there I worked on SDM and SDO project. Both these projects were focused around optimizing the customer supply chain. The new tool which I learned was Tablue.