NVIDIA Employee Reviews in United States

Visionary CEO, but poor work/life balance burns out employees
Engineering Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 14, 2016
Great co-workers, fun, challenging innovative products. Upper management tends to have unrealistic schedule expectations that leads to long hours, stress and low morale.
Pros
Very talented, hard working co-workers
Cons
Long/late hours
Dynamic environment with great leadership and peers
Chip Solutions - Post Silicon Bringup (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 18, 2016
Every GPU cycle presents new challenges, features and work. Nvidia constantly pushes the envelopes in all aspects and leads the industry with new technologies.

Most of the time, I am working with multiple teams to bring new chips and features to market. I am constantly learning and am supported by capable leaders and peers.

Constantly working on new features and different teams across the world means I'm working around the clock. Work/life balance is reasonable but at times can be quite challenging over long periods of time.

Management has good vision and direction. CEO is always thinking years in advance and pivots the company when beneficial to the future. Nvidia is constantly pushing gross margins which can be felt at the engineering level. Intent is good but can be overly restrictive at times (e.g.: lab equipment, computer purchases, etc).
Pros
Free dinner, on campus food, good health plan options, 401k match, ESPP
Cons
non-existent laptop replacement plan (5 years+), food isn't great, parking
Fun and enjoyable
Senior Technician Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 10, 2016
it is good company and really friendly environment to work with. My daily responsibilities are debugging, troubleshoot and fixing all the RMA devices. Sometime i have to work with software engineer in flashing and making sure the devices have a good and functioning image. I have enjoy and love to work for this company.
Sales Support
Partner Onboarding (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 22, 2016
As with many big corporations, there's a big game being played on employees..here it was primarily using West Valley Staffing, the in house staffing agency to lure people in with potential jobs at a growing co/dept but in fact, the department has NO requisition/authority to make this contractor a permanent employee, and NO incentive to, because WV pays below market, with almost no benefits, no sick time, no holiday pay unless you've been there 6 mos, etc. Good luck going through years of being underpaid, below market, for the "hopes" of becoming a permanent employee. (stories of people being contractors for 2-5 years abound)

And the other game is people working cross functionally, with reporting/performance/pay managed by one manager, but actual work and projects with multiple managers who don't communicate, so no one really knows everything you're being asked to do, or should be paid to do.
Pros
work from home 1 day
Cons
managers who are out of touch with the times, can't keep up, don't have insight into what their direct reports are being asked to do.
Smart People. Great Company to work for
Internship (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 13, 2016
One thing to remember before starting a job at NVIDIA that is, you are responsible for your work. Super Cool people and super smart minds. Your every word has weight. So when you say something to management or peers you better get it done because your word stands for your commitment. You will get all the help you need but you gotta ask for it. Nobody is going to do spoon feeding for you. The best part about it is you will learn a lot in the process and you feel confident. That's my best take away from NVIDIA.
Pros
Challenging work environment, Good pay, Nice Perks
Cons
There might be Cons but I didn't find any
fair
Product architect (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 8, 2016
fair place to work, the culture is not so good in my team, but some team is better, pretty much depend on the style of the manager
Management is off hand which provides personal growth
Sr. IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 30, 2015
Management is off hand which provides personal growth

There is a lot of room for creativity. Work here to work in a environment that promotes growth.
Nvidia grat company known for it's GPU
Thermal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 6, 2015
Nvidia is a great company to work for. It is well known for GPU products using in gaming and High Performance Computing. It is growing in Visual Computing and Virtual Reality
Pros
good experience working on Nvidia products
Cons
Can't think of any
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 16, 2015
This was a volunteer experience in which I setup monitors, booths, posters, and tables for the GTC conference. In addition I help setup lan cables in each room to provide everyone with a connection to the internet. This is one of the most memorable and enjoyable volunteer work I have ever done. Talking to the executives during the conference and learning about IT and how important it is before a day of a big event opens my eyes about the men and women of the IT industry.
Pros
Free lunch, free admission to GTC conference
Cons
Lots of walking
Excellently managed large company
Sr Systems & Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2015
The company is run by business savvy engineers which is quite rare for a company of this size. The primary focus in the mobile products is always on delivery of a quality product.

The CEO has demonstrated the ability to make strategic investments without bending to shareholder fickleness. Sometimes these investments work out, other times they do not. This is extremely important for companies long term health.

The company focuses hiring on top talent across the industry. This results in a diverse workforce that may be overwhelmed but is generally quite technically competent.
Pros
Very technically capable staff
Cons
Often there is high work load
The worst company for life/work balance
Worldwide marketing champion (Former Employee) –  santa clara caSeptember 8, 2015
This company has no regard for you or your family. As long as you perform you will be OK...but if you are not a culture fit. Good bye. It is micromanaged by a megalomanic. And frankly there is not much upside in their product line. Intel will eventually eat their lunch.
Pros
Nice gear store
Cons
No career oppty.
Good work culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  santa claraAugust 17, 2015
highly talented people
good management
good base package
co-workers support is very good
good work-life balance
Company always tries to come up with good products and has courage to enter new markets.
Oldschool industry mindset hampers sense of fun, but the right people can bring it back
Cloud Streaming Software QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 10, 2015
Nvidia is a great place to work, but it's lacking when it comes to having a conducive environment for younger or start-upy kinds of employees. It's a very classic style of doing business, and many of the middle people (who've been there for less than 10 years) will tell you that you could do worse in many places, but you could also easily do a lot better.

Management is pretty hands off, certain ones will micromanage, but in general the structure of power is accessible from the lower rungs. The hardest part of my position was being one of the very few people who represented the target market/audience, and so many of the people making these products wouldn't ever consume them, and that dissonance was aggravating to be around.
Pros
Free(ish) dinner at 7pm, fairly easy to get free PC games, great health insurance
Cons
No free lunch/breakfast, many departments still work in cubicle farms
Great place to work with some drawbacks
Learning & Development Programs Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa ClaraJuly 31, 2015
Learning and Development team at Nvidia is fairly new and still going through growing pains. There is immense potential for great stuff here but the lack of accountability is the crux of the problem. A lot of the times we over promise and under deliver. That doesn't help matters for a young team that is still finding a place of its own. My grouse is that we are still considered a non essential function and pretty much operate like a service organization instead of being strategic!
Learned a lot
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  TaiwanJune 24, 2015
This was my first professional job. I suffered a lot but also learned a lot from my co workers and colleagues!
Even though I left that industry but I still miss them!
Nvidia
Software Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 5, 2015
Loved working here. I probably learned the most about being QA here than anywhere else. The people are all great and never was left without equipment to test with.
This company provides lunch and dinner to employees for 50cents
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 28, 2015
This company provides lunch and dinner to employees for 50cents
Flexible working schedules
Allows you to work from home if needed
Great direction from CEO, but department management can be a bit confusing
Demand Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 18, 2015
CEO gives great talk and knows what he is doing and what he wants the company to be doing. However, you can be in a group with management that gives no direction or nothing specific at all, which can make it confusing on what you should be doing.

One time, the VP set up a meeting to have us suggest ideas of improvement for a software tool. However, he didn't specified the purpose of that meeting beforehand, and thus, nobody prepared the appropriate material for the meeting discussion. At the end, we had to reschedule the meeting, which made the first meeting a waste of time in my opinion.
Pros
Great culture, great benefit, great leadership from CEO
Cons
Can be confusing on knowing what's expected if you're in a particular group
Would love to work again at Nvidia.
Graphics Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 28, 2015
Nvidia is a cutting edge company and you get to learn a lot from highly competent people. I learnt a lot in just 3 months of my internship.
Great pay, strong CEO
Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 19, 2015
Compensation is at or above market. The company provides competitive benefits, except for the 401K, which is not comparable to other large companies. Compelling technologies and products.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
401K program/contributions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NVIDIA. Our community is ready to answer.