NVR, Inc

NVR, Inc Employee Reviews

Great place
Framer (Former Employee), Farmington, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: worked 4 days a week, 3 day weekend
Cons: not enough Hours
Worked 6 to 4:30 build interior walls. Learned how to use a nail gun. Learned how to to build trusses and assemble them. Also worked on exterior walls only if they where behind or they needed help.
Everyday was unexpected
Junior Product Development Analyst (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PAMarch 31, 2015
As the summary suggests, I didn't know what task I would have to take on. While I was to primarily work on creating lender profiles, I also had to address the questions and issues presented by branches and corporate departments. I learned several aspects of the mortgage industry. My coworkers are always very helpful and teamwork is important to make our customers happy.
Good solid Home builder
Community Construction Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2015
If the housing market didn't crash when it did, I would be happy to still be working for them. Overall, I really enjoyed the company. Great benefits and bonus opportunities.
Overall Great Place to Work
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee), West Chester, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Challenging, Rewarding - great training and benefits. Very demanding to approve loans for all buyers. Great co-workers and management
A donkey without a head and so the legs have no idea where it's going
To be updated To be updated To be updated (Former Employee), Delanco, NJJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: ac/heated lunch room
Cons: daily meets are boring and at times condicedning, expect to work like a horse and get paid like a peasant
The plant in Delanco has potential but the current plant manager is clueless about what's happening on the production floor. The contract workers that come in have a complete lack of talent some can't even read a simple tape measure. It's quantity above all else. That's the reason for the high turnover rate. 75-80% of the workers have less than 3 years with the company. There's a pay rate schedule contains 6 or 7 levels and within each level there are 3 sub levels. So working your way up to a decent pay rate is painfully slow. The work day is 6a-2:30p. with a mid-day break and lunch break. OVERTIME in non existent with this company. Co-workers are generally good to work with. The hardest part of the job is keeping a positive outlook when you know that those in leadership positions can't tell their *ss from their face!
good training, solid company
SMR (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MarylandJanuary 23, 2015
Nice place to work out of college. Solid training and benefits. Commission job, selling to-be-built houses in different communities. Weekend work required. Must be self-motivated.
n/a
Sr. Loan Processor (Current Employee), MarylandJanuary 6, 2015
work hours are flexible. In house managment tries and are willing to keep good employees
Good company
Carpenter (Former Employee), Trotwood, OHDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great employees and staff
Cons: hour cuts
NVR was an enjoyable company to work for. They had great work hours and benefits. The only downside would be the fact that NVR is a corporate owned company so they did try to cut hours as much as possible to save labor hours.
Very competitive and results driven company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 30, 2014
Very competitive and results driven company. Compensation is well above that of industry averages. Advancement is very slow unfortunately. Project managers are expected to manage several facets of the production process. The most important task is to balance customer service and site management in order to achieve maximum scores on quality ratings and customer surveys.
ok
Crew Leader/Laborer (Former Employee), Enon Valley, PANovember 19, 2014
It is fast paced environment, busy in the summer, slow in the winter. May work inside or outside. Day shift work. High turn over rate. You either stack trusses, build them, or pick lumber for or gable them if you work in truss. other departments there to work for also.
Not a good place to work
Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Blue Bell,PaNovember 18, 2014
Pros: nice building to work in
Cons: all of the above
This place is a zoo ! The management doesn't know how to manage. They tell you your mistakes loud right in front of everyone in the office. They let the loan officers come and get in your face all day long asking about their loans which makes it hard to do any work when your always answering questions about their loans. Everybody yell out loud questions and answers across cubicles so its hard to hear clients over the phone and they cant hear you so it sounds like a kindergarten to clients when they are trying to conduct important business concerning their homes.This business asks for someone who pays close attention to details but does not have the office atmosphere for you to do so...a quiet place to work where there is no loud talking about nothing, talking smack,no loud chastising of coworkers = they could at least take them into an office to calmly talk over their mistakes, These are adults...give them the dignity they deserve without everyone in the office listening and laughing at them for making a mistake. I witnessed a coworker who wanted to fight the manager after such incident and the whole office got upset because we thought the coworker was coming back with a gun!!
That was it...I couldn't take it anymore. so I left.
Great Company to work for.
Production Administrator (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 11, 2014
Great work environment. Worked with the production team as Production Administrator. Set up weekly production meeting. Invoicing. General data entry and secretarial work.
Overall a good place to work
Assistant Procurement Manager (Current Employee), Frederick, MDOctober 28, 2014
Overall a good place to work. Excellent co-workers and lots of responsibility.
favortism showed alot
Documentation Processor (Former Employee), Kings Mountain, NCOctober 21, 2014
Started working here in 2012, absolutely loved it at first. Once I was there a while I quickly seen the change. Managers show favoritism. Give advancement and raises to less qualified based on looks. Not a good company to work for.
Competitive work environment with driven, kind people.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 29, 2014
A typical day of work consists of developing multiple marketing pieces to boost sales for the division, daily follow up with lead prospects, and administrative responsibilities. I handle the brainstorming, planning, and execution of various events, ranging from local broker events, open houses, parade of homes, and home owner appreciation events.This position has allowed me to utilize a wide array of skills, including: time management, creativity, customer service, cultivating relationships, organization, flexibility, and initiative.
Terrible experience
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: work in a fully functioning model home; stock options
Cons: no lunch breaks, sales folks not encouraged to take days off or vacation, bad management, questionable ethics
You are truly just a number. The division I worked in had terrible management, lied to employees and customers. People are not treated equally and they do not care about your work life balance. Worst years of my life. Money was ok, but not consistent and didn't make up for mistreatment. Turn over reports say it all.
Good Company
Scheduling and Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), NCAugust 29, 2014
Great company to work for. Staff is all great to work for and work with. Lots of room for growth in the company.
Wonderful Work-Life Balance and Leadership/Mentoring
Administrative Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: flexibility with scheduling, great work culture and people, strong management mentoring
Cons: shallow ny real estate market leaves little room for advancement within a home building company
I have an amazing "work family" at NVR. We all work hard and work together so that we are able to achieve our goals, both individually and as a team. We all value a strong work-life balance, and family is very important. My managers and very experienced and approachable, and have helped me grow as a young manager as well. I can honestly say that I enjoy coming to work each day.
ok job mindless repeating work
machine operator (Former Employee), Thurmont, MDJuly 7, 2014
to much micro managing took long time to get things done because of that
Lead Framer (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 9, 2014
Supervisor/Owner was very personable and friendly. Knew a lot about Property Preservation

1 2 3

About NVR, Inc

From finished lot to signed mortgage, NVR offers homebuyers everything -- including the kitchen sink. The company builds single-family – Read more

NVR, Inc Salaries