NVR, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Fun atbtimes boring rest of the time
Forklift operator/saw operator/line lead (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDJuly 28, 2016
Lays off all the time wait forever to get hired on tell you 90 days but as long as a year it will take. Its hard labor you work in all weatjer conditions you epast in the summer and freeze in the winter they do not provide u with good weather performance clothes.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Layoffs
Not impressed
Production Supervisor trainee (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 30, 2016
I went through the whole interview process; phone interview, online assessments, and lengthy 3 hr interview with a panel of managers. I thought everything went well but at the end if you're not white, you're not right. One of a few organizations that I've encountered with no diversity whatsoever!
Benefits
Cons
Ignorance
Friendly work environment.Great employees and supervisors.
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2016
One of the best companies to work for. I worked in model homes as a sales assistant. My responsibilities included insuring the homes were clean and inviting. I welcomed potential home buyers and provided a tour of the home. We then discussed credit worthiness and home needs. I reviewed credit applications and determined credit worthiness. I set appointments with potential home buyers to further discus purchase options after credit eligibility was approved.
mostly worked on my own
Driver / hand rail builder (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDApril 4, 2016
Good people to work with. Fun knowledgeable people that do not mind sharing information. Tight nit group. Good supervisors that know how to lead.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
outsorced my job
Very busy days
Sales & Settlement Administrator (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDFebruary 15, 2016
I do like the job I have now, I just feel it is time for a change. After working for this company for 19 years, I would like a change.
Pros
free lunch on some Thursdays
Great company to work for that cared about it's employees.
Lead Framer (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDJanuary 13, 2016
I really enjoyed working for NVR. It payed well and had great benefits. The company manufactors and distributes prefabricated homes. I worked on the panel side and we were responsible for building all the walls that went to the home. I moved up very quickly through the positions and eventually was the lead framer overseeing a group of six or seven guys. This was a very physically demanding job with a goal that was set to keep guys moving. I was always looking for ways to make things easier on the team and to increase our efficiency. I learned nothing is to small of an idea to help achieve these goals. Unfortunatly in the winter the housing market slows and there is a high layoff rate every year. The company cared about it's employees and offered many great benefits.
Pros
great management, open communication, great benefits
Cons
Winter time layoffs
Excellent place to work
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 13, 2016
My day starts at 9am EST and i have learnt lot of things at NVR. I had lot of support from my leads and co workers. Whenever i faced any difficulty in my work, my lead and co workers were always there with helping hands.
Management needs to be re-vamped
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 26, 2015
Not open to new ideas. Work life balance is not ideal. Change for the better takes too long.
The product is inferior, feel the customer is thought of last.
Lead Loan Processor
Lead Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 14, 2015
As a loan processor I work with both clients and loan officers to ensure customers are qualified and approved for mortgage loans.
Great Company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 1, 2015
Great employees. Great managers. Great on the job training. Co workers are hard working and educated. The best part of the job is the relationships you build.
Good company to work for
Finance and Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 26, 2015
Good company to work for, but limited opportunities for growth in some departments. Great ESOP and training for sales and production employees.
Excellent Work Culture
SQL Developer/DBA (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 18, 2015
NVR, Inc. Operates in two business segments: homebuilding and mortgage banking. The homebuilding unit sells and constructs homes under the Ryan Homes, NV Homes, Fox Ridge Homes and Heartland Homes. As a corporate entity, NVR, Inc. ATLAS automates complete sales, Contracts and back office modules of homebuilding portfolio for NVR homes.
very productive workplace with good guys
Bander (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDAugust 14, 2015
very convenient place to work because of very little travel but the outdoor work in the winter is not very pleasant. management was decent and the hours were always consistent.
Pros
40 hours weeks, overtime possible
Cons
outdoor work in the winter, short breaks
Absolutely wonderful employer
Sales & Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 10, 2015
Anyone could consider themselves fortunate to be employed by this great company! The management truly values their employees and does all they can to assist. Great training program. Office staff extremely helpful and pleasant.
Great Sales Opportunity with a Market Leading Organization
Sales & Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 22, 2015
Great management.

Great Potential compensation

Cons:

extremely competitive

low work/life balance

Awesome culture. You get to bond with your trainers and fellow sales reps. Everyone likes helping each other. Great management. Well Organized.
Great training in the industry
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2015
The two best things about working at NVR are your direct co-workers and the training you receive during the process. It is not required to have any construction experience as they will train you from the ground up as if you know nothing. You do have to interact with homeowners, the sales team, the office staff and management at the same time as making sure the construction schedule and sub-contractors are doing what they are supposed to do and in a timely manner. It can be very stressful, but if you stay on your game and are organized it can be rewarding
Pros
training, co-workers, experience
Cons
stressful, politics
Great place to work and learn single famiyl production building.
Supervision. Production Manager. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
First job in construction. Great time ,good company , very good training , good pay and bonus. Outstanding benefits. Spent time in sale and service department which added to a learning experience.
Pros
Put the effort and be promoted
Cons
Non
Great Benefits!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 9, 2015
Great Company, excellent benefits, fast paced! Lots of opportunity with nice compensation package. The hardest part of the job is coordinating sub-trades on a tight timeline.
Benefits
Cons
Timed Based Production with little to no control of trades
Great place
Framer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NYApril 14, 2015
Worked 6 to 4:30 build interior walls. Learned how to use a nail gun. Learned how to to build trusses and assemble them. Also worked on exterior walls only if they where behind or they needed help.
Pros
worked 4 days a week, 3 day weekend
Cons
not enough Hours
Everyday was unexpected
Junior Product Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMarch 31, 2015
As the summary suggests, I didn't know what task I would have to take on. While I was to primarily work on creating lender profiles, I also had to address the questions and issues presented by branches and corporate departments. I learned several aspects of the mortgage industry. My coworkers are always very helpful and teamwork is important to make our customers happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NVR, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.