NW Natural Employee Reviews

Good stable company with room for advancement.
Systems Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORFebruary 26, 2014
A typical day at work would be checking emails/phone messages, udpating daily schedule if needed due to people calling in sick or having to re-route crews based on urgency or job change, time entry for employees, scheduling upcoming jobs, coordinating with related departments in order to get work scheduled, post daily schedule, schedule meetings, assign work to computers, monitor incoming work. I learned how to manage an Outlook schedule very well along with managing my time and the time of 22 field employees. Management seems to be either detached from their employees or micromanaging, hard to find a happy medium. Coworkers tend to be good, however, accountability is a big issue here. The hardest part of the job would be covering work schedules with not enough employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how everything worked out successfully at the end of the day and also the customer service aspect.
Pros
Excellent pay, excellent benefits, lots of free lunches, free popcorn, flavored coffee and creamer.
Cons
No accountability for slacking employees = other employees have to pick up the slack.
Work as fast as you can
Payment Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 21, 2012
A typical day at work - work as fast as you can
There is a jobs that we can do
The most enjoyable part of the job to get a paycheck twice a month with good benefits
Progressive workplace where I have pride in what I deliver
Sr. Manager, Communications and Digital Strategy (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 8, 2015
Very family oriented place to work that provides great flexibility regarding schedule and supportive of the needs of its employees
Great place to learn the fundamentals and history of the Natural Gas business.
Records Management Coordinator/Historical Archives (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonApril 22, 2012
I worked on consolidating their Historical Archives which was really a lot of fun. I made the best of the resources available within in the Company who were familiar with the History of North West Natural. I was able to meet with a past President of the Company and the Corporate Secretary at the time who were both great resources on Company History. In summary I would work there again.
Pros
i was a contractor and treated very well, always invited to potlucks etc...
Cons
very tough company to be hired on full time for, usually one starts out as contractor.
Great family environment
SAP Enterprise Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonAugust 27, 2015
This is a great place to work, has a very family feel to it and they support their employees! They pay well and is one of the most stable companies in the market

Want to know more about NW Natural?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NW Natural. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3