NWN Corporation Employee Reviews

Wrong Direction
Senior Project Manager - Professional Services (Former Employee) –  CTJanuary 2, 2018
NWN was once a family oriented place to work where employees were committed to customer satisfaction and enjoyed coming to work. New Management has taken over and the culture has taken a turn for the worse
Pros
Talented Engineers
Cons
Management Direction
Excellent company, Great Leadership, Fun Times
Sr. Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 28, 2017
NWN Corporation is the most fun company I have worked for in my entire career. They offer pretty competitive benefits and good salaries. I enjoy the remote option that most jobs carry as it has allowed me flexibility and the option to work harder and longer from the comfort of my home office. The hardest part about the job is just making sure you are ahead of the game in all facets of the game. Skip Tappen is a great CEO and very hands on. The same can be said about our founder and former CEO Mont Phelps. Leadership drives results and success and NWN has all the tools to be a industry leader.
Pros
Great compensation, competitive atmosphere, great coworkers and a great culture
Cons
over competition at times, long hours, ok benefits
Hot then Cold
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 20, 2017
Started out with multiple projects running at the same time and everything was fine. Those projects ended after roughly 3 months and then had to travel a lot all across the US. All in the first year. After this I barely got any recognition. It cooled off after this and there wasn't anything local for a while. Most of the time spent in between contracts was spent sitting on our hands and after getting the company on its feet for my department in the Southeast I was let go when they had no work in my area.
Great place to learn
IT Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
Company needs better pay scale and cut the favoritism more information about more product before asking you to work onthe machine less number expecting more quility
Pros
Great learning place
Cons
Pay scale
A very mediocre company struggling to compete.
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
No direction is provided to new salespeople. They are not in a position to complete with much stronger entrenched competitors. Pay is low compared to others. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
poor leadership, low pay, no job security, unfavorable culture
Nwn
Noc Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 15, 2017
Nwn does not allow employees to advance. The company moves shifts around with no reason. The senior management does not care about the poor management
Pros
401, paid time off
Cons
No advancements
Culture is good, management and pay is not
Service Desk Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 10, 2017
The environment I work in is generally nice and depending on the day it can either be very relaxed or intensely stressful. Ultimately, management is what kills any desire for you and your coworkers to be at the top of productivity. Even so, I could deal with management if we were paid better. Engineers around greater Boston are paid 30-40% better than what we are for doing the same job. As soon as I find a better opportunity I will be gone.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Quick Review
Solution Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2017
Can feel like a solitary experience at times. As long as the job is done and no one complains, management is happy. Work on a team with great people, there just aren't enough of us.
Pros
Great co-workers, comfortable environment
Cons
Too much work, not enough staff
Friendly, laid back environment, devoted, hard working employees
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 14, 2017
The typical day for a Business Development Specialist is reaching out to my clients, attending client meetings, working on contract renewals, looking for sales opportunities, and following up with Customer Delivery Managers and Sales Reps to drive managed services opportunities, build relationships and resolve issues. I work independently with constant co-worker, client contact.
Management is supporting. The workplace culture is friendly and laid back. This job required good time management, organized skills and is detail orientated. The hardest part of the job is increasing revenue at the ground level position. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my clients when they are happy with their services.
Pros
Management drive, conference meetings combined with fun activities
Cons
Many meetings, saving client accounts
A great moment in my life
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time at NWN. There was adjustments to be made when Western Blue became NWN. Now the environment went from a small but quaint business to this larger conglomerate. This indeed will put more pressure to perform because the culture of larger cooperate companies. Never the less the founders are excellent people and very personable.
Pros
NWN was striving to create a better work environment
Cons
NWN wasn't able to understand the culture of the old company that made it a success.
Great place to work at!!
Senior Service desk engineer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 26, 2017
The people is great here with a good work culture. The employees are close and have a great work environment. NWN will continue to grow to make a impact in the IT support field. I have learn how to properly manage on the help desk.
Pros
Great people, free coffee
Cons
Nothing so far, great place to work at!
Awful Place
Senior Service Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 19, 2017
This job was terrible. Everything about it. They work you to the ground, they don't believe in you and you have timed breaks and are only allowed to leave your desk for 45 minutes a day.
Pros
Great place to work for job work/life balance
CUSTOMER DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 10, 2017
Co-workers are very supportive, fun place to work in CT. In CT office you feel like you are a family.

Cons: benefit and pay could be better.
Pros: Job/work life balance
Fun, laid back place to work temporarily
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2017
i worked there seasonally and it was one of the best places I've every worked. Loved everyone there and made a few friends that are still friends today.
typical day started with repairing a few school computers, then around 9 they would select a group to go out to schools and install V.O.I.P phones, which i was apart of most days. I learned alot about how to work on switches and routing cable. The management was relatively laid back and rarely in your face about anything. Everyone was very nice and helpful.
Pros
great people, great job, take a break whenever you see fit
Cons
pay wasn't all to great at entry level
Great Cisco Reseller In CT
Account Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 28, 2017
Solid Cisco Re-seller based in Farmington, CT. Great sales people and Administrative team. Work culture is small. Hardest part of the job was when items would back ordered and finding items in need through the distribution channel.
Great for starting a career
Senior Service Desk Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2016
NWN is great for those who are starting a career in IT. However it is difficult to move upward with this company. Hiring new talent is an issue. There is not enough training to prepare new hires.
fast-paced environment where employees work hard and take pride in selling high volumes of Cisco products. I facilitated this and monitored progress.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham MAOctober 20, 2015
Fast-paced environment where employees work hard and take pride in selling high volumes of Cisco products. I facilitated this and monitored progress. Overall, very rewarding job that taught me a lot about sales and how to be an effective assistant.
Not a very employee centered company
UC Solution Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
micromanagement by directors. Work-life balance is non-existent. Expected to work without substantial information and proper planning
Productive and fun environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 24, 2015
My current portfolio of projects consists of 10-15 active projects varying from small to executive level projects. I enjoy my co-workers and management; and I would recommend this company to anyone
Pros
free gas and car stipends
Great place to work with a horrible management staff.
Break/Fix Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2015
Sometimes people say "This job would be great if it weren't for the customers!" I say "This job would be great if it weren't for the managers!" My office was horribly mismanaged and it because a bad place to work overtime.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management.