NWN Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Cisco Reseller In CT
Account Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 28, 2017
Solid Cisco Re-seller based in Farmington, CT. Great sales people and Administrative team. Work culture is small. Hardest part of the job was when items would back ordered and finding items in need through the distribution channel.
Great for starting a career
Senior Service Desk Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2016
NWN is great for those who are starting a career in IT. However it is difficult to move upward with this company. Hiring new talent is an issue. There is not enough training to prepare new hires.
fast-paced environment where employees work hard and take pride in selling high volumes of Cisco products. I facilitated this and monitored progress.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham MAOctober 20, 2015
Fast-paced environment where employees work hard and take pride in selling high volumes of Cisco products. I facilitated this and monitored progress. Overall, very rewarding job that taught me a lot about sales and how to be an effective assistant.
Fun yet Professional environment!
Lead Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 6, 2013
Most days involved traveling to various CA cities to install systems. Learned how to conduct strategic deployments around fully operative staff. Management was very hands on and easy to go to on the task.Co-workers were like family, close knit with assisting qualities. The most difficult part of the job would have been the long drives along the coast. The most exciting part of the job was the traveling to various cities.
Pros
Per Diem
Cons
No Contractor Benefits
I loved working at this company. One of the greatest jobs I have ever had and the people are amazing.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMarch 8, 2012
I was able to further my experience in the technolgy industry in a way I don't believe I could've with any other company. I have an amazing boss that taught me so much.
Pros
company events, benefits, learn and receive new certifications.
Cons
demanding hours and high stress.
Technical experience gained is beyond amazing
Command Center Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waltham MAMay 13, 2012
I filter on a regular basis anywhere from 1000-3000 alerts daily, have learned numerous monitoring systems and ticketing systems. Cisco systems phones, Symantec backup exec and Symantec Endpoint.
Management is currently lacking at this time. Upper management has been notified about the lack of management and not much has been done.

Co-workers are wonderful people, strong and willing to assist with any knowledge they have available.
This is a horribly stressful job, most events we ticket are generally high priority and need assistance and resolution ASAP, making for very busy days.

Best part of the job is the amount of experience you will get in the Command Center.
Pros
occasional free lunches, extreme amounts of experience
Cons
management is lacking, no breaks aside from eating lunch at your desk.
Great place to work with a horrible management staff.
Break/Fix Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2015
Sometimes people say "This job would be great if it weren't for the customers!" I say "This job would be great if it weren't for the managers!" My office was horribly mismanaged and it because a bad place to work overtime.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management.
Productive and fun
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 23, 2013
I learn more about team work and time management. I'm no stranger to hard work or long days and enjoyed my co- workers. The hardest part of the day is when it slowed down, but I really enjoyed when we came together as a team and got the job done. Everybody played a major part in the warehouse.
Productive and fun environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 24, 2015
My current portfolio of projects consists of 10-15 active projects varying from small to executive level projects. I enjoy my co-workers and management; and I would recommend this company to anyone
Pros
free gas and car stipends
Fun company to work for!
Inside Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 29, 2014
On the telesales side of things you will get the best boss you can ask for. There is no micro-managing and a very good team environment. The hardest part of the job is the cold calling. It takes a long time to build up a client basis and you have to be ok with being hung up on.
My first real job and my favorite job.
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 12, 2014
I loved my Co-workers, we did alot of cross training so we all knew how to pull together when crunch time came. We learned what being a team player was all about along with many other things concerning the warehouse.
Not a very employee centered company
UC Solution Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
micromanagement by directors. Work-life balance is non-existent. Expected to work without substantial information and proper planning
Good Comfortable Job
Senior Lead IT (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 12, 2014
Grab work order go out handle your tasks in the day. Learned most of my IT, cabling, telecomm. here. A very big impact on my IT skill set.
Pros
Great learning experience.
Cons
Company was in Sacramento.
Positive work environment
System Analyst as contractor (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCJune 22, 2012
Enjoyed working there. Many new systems to learn. Very valuable to refresh work experience.
Pros
free fruit and drinks on tuesdays
Cons
contract ending december
Nice place to work
Inside Sales Representative/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2012
It's a decent company to work for. Management is ok. They do work with and around your schedule. My co-workers are good and helpful.
Pros
flexible schedule
Productive, excellent work life balance
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 10, 2014
I enjoyed NWN as a whole company. I had excellent co workers, wonderful managers. and the benefits were incredible
N/a
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 11, 2014
I was fortunate enough to be able to offer prospects best of breed solutions.