Nyack College Employee Reviews in United States

AUXILIARY SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2016
good Job for students very flexible, Handling of various daily functions with faculty and students. Troubleshooting class room system, working directly with the director and associate director of Auxiliary service of both the Manhattan and Rockland campus of Nyack College and providing excellence customer service
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Professional Environment
Administrative Assistant for the Academic Office (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 16, 2016
The environment at Nyack College was positive, professional, and nurturing. I had a tremendous amount of respect for my colleagues.
Pros
Great medical and dental coverage; free lunch
Cons
Compensation could have been higher; we needed more vacation and personal days.
Very diverse work place
MLK worker (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYApril 20, 2016
Overall the job was very good, I had a great time working with children from all over the world. And also working with children from all different back grounds.
Very supportive family like atmosphere
Director of Information Technologies (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYDecember 9, 2015
Nyack seeks to find people the best fit for their skills and will allow movement within the company for each person to be happy in what they are doing as that produces the best moral and productivity. There are firm standards that are enforced so that the environment remains healthy for everyone working here. Problems are dealt with quickly with grace and forgiveness as long as the behavior ceases and offenders agree with the assessment of the error of their ways. Trust is first and foremost in allowing people to find their productivity rhythm. That is not to say that monitoring is not done and productivity scrutinized. Most workers wear multiple hats and are very invested in the ethos and mission of the college and the lives of its students. Supportive with standards is how I would best describe the day to day atmosphere.
Pros
100% insurance payed, social gatherings at end of semesters
Cons
Struggle to keep up with cost of living in salary raises.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYOctober 5, 2015
I worked here while I was going to school here. It was a great school with caring people and a nice setting. I enjoyed my time here.
Pros
good people
Great job for students
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYMay 7, 2015
The overnight shift "the graveyard" shift was a great way to finish work that needed to be completed. Very relaxing job, got paid for sitting down and signing people in. Hardest part of the job was staying awake.
Productive and Serious work environment
Event Coordinator/ Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Event Coordinator/ Student Mentor
Serving as an ambassador; Marketing Events
Community Development: NYC and Nyack Local Area; Baton Rouge Louisiana Hurricane Katrina Victims
Student Mentoring, Skill building and Leadership building
Fun work enviornment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYDecember 15, 2013
Provided career and academic counseling to students, provided intakes and conducted assessments, provided diagnosis and treatment, provided crisis intervention, conducted individual and group psychotherapy; encouraged students to continue their education as the benefits are immeasurable, one that will provide economic and vocational advancement and overall provide a life of quality
Pros
healthy, learning and mentoring enviornenment for participants
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYApril 28, 2015
I have gained a lot of experience working at Nyack College. The job is flexible to suit my needs as a parent. I have enjoyed working with the undergraduate and graduate students on a staff level.
Behind the scenes!
Assistant Counselor (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 24, 2015
Admissions is the front door to college, but what most people don't know is that we are required to assist prospective students who would like to come to our college by doing whatever it takes! If this means staying in a phone call for 45 mins answering questions, then we will happily answer them.

We often schedule visits and then lead visitors on a tour of the campus. For those who live too far or out of country I personally am required to schedule a Skype meeting with a counselor. And Monthly we, the students, are asked to attend college fairs and answer face-to-face question. This is set up like this because the Admissions department believes that we can better relate to the student and best demonstrate the highlights of our College community.

Applications are never mandatory. If a prospective student is not interested we inform that our job is to help push them towards the calling of their future. Nyack is not for everyone, but everyone is welcome to apply!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
only allowed limited hours
Great environment to work in.
Supervising Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2013
Working at Nyack College is not at all burdensome. The most difficult part of the day is dealing with the college students. That in itself is not difficult. It is a fun work environment. My typical day goes from handling books that are placed on hold to assisting students with finding books or help them navigate the mac operating system.
Pros
not a high pressure job
Cons
pay
great place to work
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  South Nyack, NYMay 26, 2015
the management is great and also my co-workers. I love helping other people and this job make that possible to interact with different people.
I gained valuable insight into adult higher education
Academic Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2013
The highlight of my job was graduation. Since I worked with adults who started their degree and they were coming to us to complete - some 5, 10, 20 years after starting - graduation was the culmination of all their hard work.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant for the Academic Office (Current Employee) –  Academic OfficeAugust 7, 2014
Working at Nyack College is a rewarding experience. My coworkers are professional and caring.
Pros
i live close to my place of employment.
Cons
the salary is quite low; there is no retirement plan.
Student workers were friendly and nice
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 24, 2014
Answer phone calls and call backs. I learned to work in a fast pace environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students and worker being so positive and encouraging.
Pros
co-workers
Great Place to Work with Great Staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  DC CampusFebruary 24, 2012
Awesome place to work in an small private educational setting. This was a part time job for me but I truely enjoyed my position here.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
my position was eliminated because of enrollment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 26, 2014
Nyack College provides a friendly work atmosphere. I had a great boss, and I loved the interaction with students and other faculty/staff. While the work involved some late nights and odd hours, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Family atmosphere
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYDecember 31, 2012
I taught the Psychology of Sport course every Tuesday and Thursday for the fall semester of 2012.

I gave PowerPoint presentations for the class where half of the time was for lecture and the other half was for discussion.
Wonderful Workplace
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 1, 2014
Professional Team, Wonderful hours, Great Environment. I enjoyed working at Nyack College for many reasons. interacting with the incoming students was always an interesting plus to the position.
Pros
christian workplace
It"s an okay work place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYJanuary 5, 2013
A typical day would be doing rounds in the building and helping residents. I learned a lot of management skills.
Pros
scholarship
Cons
management didn't really support workers

4.2