Nyack College Employee Reviews

Not For Everyone
Graduate Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYJune 22, 2017
Nyack is not for everyone. It is a Christian school which means the majority of the people there are christians. They will try to throw religion in your face everyday in one way or another, which is ok personally it didn't bother me because i knew what i was getting my self into. It might not be for everyone just my opinion
A Fair Workplace
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYMay 29, 2017
Nyack College was a wonderful place to work. A healthy work environment that allows employees to grow and affirms them in their evolution. They encouraged academic growth of both students and faculty, and gave me the freedom to explore my individual goals and passions.
Pros
Do not overmanage.
Cons
Lack of funding at times for research and other areas.
Very fun work I enjoyed it
Gym crew (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYMay 11, 2017
I was the ball girl at the men's soccer, girls lacrosse, boys and girls basketball. I helped set up games and keep score. I also helped clean up and give teams waterm
Work in progress
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYMay 5, 2017
The typical day at the Nyack Tutoring Center was extremely slow pace and easy going, as it pertained to actual tutoring. Students would sign up for tutoring towards the end of the semester when it is already too late to help them, this made everything harder for the tutors and the tutoring center.
Working at a college
Writing Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 27, 2017
Being a student worker at Nyack College is not hard, there are many opportunities for on-campus jobs. I am fairly pleased with my work experience, considering it is a college job.
Good workplace, coworkers and convenient work hours
Conference Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 26, 2017
A great opportunity to learn about the Business side of conference operations. In a typical workday, I execute a variety of administrative tasks such as communicating with liaisons, employees, future clients; preparing contracts, bills, invoices. Also represent the school in NYC events. Develop plans of action for Summer Conference Program and co-train staff.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours; Business Communications Related; Learn a Lot
Strong tradition of fulfilling mission focused higher education
Executive Director of Community Relations (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 14, 2017
Provided experiences of opportunity and growth as a higher educational professional. With campuses both in suburban New York City and lower Manhattan, the college represents an unique career of service in a multicultural institution to one of the most diverse regions in the country.
Pros
company vision and culture
Cons
resource challenges
summary
Youth Head Counselor (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYJanuary 5, 2017
pretty good, most days consist of the kids playing sports, eating and typically being a kid. Best part is end of the day when the kids get to win awards.
Pros
good lunch
Cons
Amazing place to work and learn
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYOctober 28, 2016
An amazing group of dedicated scholars trying to make the world a better place by educating others to be not only prepared for the workforce but to spread the word of God throughout the world.
A Learning Environment
Graduate Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2016
The Nyack College Admissions Counselor Position is one which is great for learning. There are many facets to the industry of admissions concerning both graduate and undergraduate. Nyack provides a supportive atmosphere for employees to have a hands-on experience in recruiting and getting to know future students.
Working at Nyack is satisfactory.
Adjunct Spanish Professor (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYJune 5, 2016
Working at Nyack is satisfactory. The problem is that is a private college that depends on enrollment and if enrollment is low - the amount of courses and classes are extremely limited. The hardest part of the job is having a limited number of classes to teach. Working with the students is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Cons
poor enrollment
AUXILIARY SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2016
good Job for students very flexible, Handling of various daily functions with faculty and students. Troubleshooting class room system, working directly with the director and associate director of Auxiliary service of both the Manhattan and Rockland campus of Nyack College and providing excellence customer service
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very diverse work place
MLK worker (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYApril 20, 2016
Overall the job was very good, I had a great time working with children from all over the world. And also working with children from all different back grounds.
Professional Environment
Administrative Assistant for the Academic Office (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 16, 2016
The environment at Nyack College was positive, professional, and nurturing. I had a tremendous amount of respect for my colleagues.
Pros
Great medical and dental coverage; free lunch
Cons
Compensation could have been higher; we needed more vacation and personal days.
Very supportive family like atmosphere
Director of Information Technologies (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYDecember 9, 2015
Nyack seeks to find people the best fit for their skills and will allow movement within the company for each person to be happy in what they are doing as that produces the best moral and productivity. There are firm standards that are enforced so that the environment remains healthy for everyone working here. Problems are dealt with quickly with grace and forgiveness as long as the behavior ceases and offenders agree with the assessment of the error of their ways. Trust is first and foremost in allowing people to find their productivity rhythm. That is not to say that monitoring is not done and productivity scrutinized. Most workers wear multiple hats and are very invested in the ethos and mission of the college and the lives of its students. Supportive with standards is how I would best describe the day to day atmosphere.
Pros
100% insurance payed, social gatherings at end of semesters
Cons
Struggle to keep up with cost of living in salary raises.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYOctober 5, 2015
I worked here while I was going to school here. It was a great school with caring people and a nice setting. I enjoyed my time here.
Pros
good people
great place to work
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  South Nyack, NYMay 26, 2015
the management is great and also my co-workers. I love helping other people and this job make that possible to interact with different people.
Great job for students
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYMay 7, 2015
The overnight shift "the graveyard" shift was a great way to finish work that needed to be completed. Very relaxing job, got paid for sitting down and signing people in. Hardest part of the job was staying awake.
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYApril 28, 2015
I have gained a lot of experience working at Nyack College. The job is flexible to suit my needs as a parent. I have enjoyed working with the undergraduate and graduate students on a staff level.
Behind the scenes!
Assistant Counselor (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 24, 2015
Admissions is the front door to college, but what most people don't know is that we are required to assist prospective students who would like to come to our college by doing whatever it takes! If this means staying in a phone call for 45 mins answering questions, then we will happily answer them.

We often schedule visits and then lead visitors on a tour of the campus. For those who live too far or out of country I personally am required to schedule a Skype meeting with a counselor. And Monthly we, the students, are asked to attend college fairs and answer face-to-face question. This is set up like this because the Admissions department believes that we can better relate to the student and best demonstrate the highlights of our College community.

Applications are never mandatory. If a prospective student is not interested we inform that our job is to help push them towards the calling of their future. Nyack is not for everyone, but everyone is welcome to apply!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
only allowed limited hours