Nyack Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A nice work enviroment
Radiation Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
a good atmosphere to work in and a good medical system, with good management and friendly work environment.I learned about the Nyack Hospital management system and enjoyed my time there.
ok to work for
RN (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 6, 2016
ok to work for busy hospital short staffed with heavy pt load and bad computer system, but staff is very hard working and team players
Nyack Hospital
Psychiatric Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 27, 2015
Nyack Hospital has been an amazing place to work. The employees are friendly, upbeat and hard working. The work environment creates a comfortable experience for patients and their families
productive and fun at times
patient care associate (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYOctober 2, 2015
fun with the staff and some of the managers, busy all the time but staffing was short a lot and was not fair to nurses or nursing assistants.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
sometimes you couldn't get a break to busy
Poor management
Administration (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYSeptember 3, 2015
The hospital management doesn't care about the employees. They only care that you show up, there is no training or collaboration. Management just wants to improve their reputation but they will not purchase the tools/resources that the staff need to do their jobs properly.
They look for excuses to blame employees for their mis-management. There is a lot of back biting in the office areas.
I can't speak for the nurses or doctors as I worked in administration.
Parking is also frustrating.
Pros
Cons
treatment of employees
Serious workplace
Dietary Host (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYJuly 15, 2015
Serious work environment no matter what department you work in whether your in food service or a doctor because everyone place an imperative role in patient satisfaction.
Recovery Center Detox RN
Drug and Alcohol Detox Nurse, Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYJune 12, 2015
Oversee the nursing care of clients undergoing detox and rehab treatment. We provide support groups and counseling sessions to patients and manage their overall care.
Pros
Great group of Nurses and PCAs
Cons
short-staffed
Pathology Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYJune 8, 2015
The Pathology Department is a great department to work for. I have been learning numerous of things since i been here as a secretary. Its very easy to learn things around here.
nice team work environment
Clinical Nurse Specialist IV Therapy (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 11, 2015
Educated and initiated staff regarding policy. reduction in clabsi rate to 0% for 2014. Introduced 3CG technology to organization and trained all the appropriate nursing staff. Worked collaboratively with various disciplines for positive changes. Taught monthly at orientation for new hires. Assisted with hypothermia protocol initiation.
Pros
family environment
Cons
lak of staff and resources
good place to work
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  emergency departmentFebruary 13, 2015
Teamwork and focused on quality care. Continually looking to improve outcomes and patient safety for the greater good of the community
Disorganized management
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYNovember 20, 2014
Nyack Hospital is about 300 bed unit that is in constant renovation with every aspect of acute medical care. Always preaches for the good of the patient but never gives. Medical Staff are always restricted and lacks equipment. Disorganized management.
learn, love and safe dc home for families and patient
Case Manager/Appeals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYOctober 24, 2014
My first job in the medical field was at Nyack Hospital in 1973 as a nurses aid. i continued on my advancement in the field and became a Graduate Nurse in 1974, i started my nursing career at Nyack.

i returned to Nyack seeking per diem employment about 11 yrs ago and have been there every Saturday since.

In this position I am a Nurse Case Manager facilitating discharges on Saturdays. a typical day at work starts at 7:30 and ends around 5pm.

At Nyack, I have learned to be flexible and expect the unexpected. Since I usually work alone on saturdays, with an occasional other person i like my co-workers very. the hardest part of my job is working alone. the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on the patient and families face when the patient can be discharged to a safe plan, home vs rehab, etc
Productive learning experience
Patient Care Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYOctober 7, 2014
Facilitate patients with bedside assistance.
Assist the staff with tasks such as call bells, phones, and message delivery.
Preserve patient privacy by disposing medical records properly.
Assist patients with ambulation.
Pros
good hospital setting exposure
I was born to nurse
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nyack NYJune 22, 2014
Working in the healthcare system one cannot help but feel a great sense of reward and accomplishment while caring and providing for all race,gender,economic background from the very young to the old.
Helping people to me is a calling not a profession.
Pros
working with smart, great character, caring, giving and selfless co-workers
Cons
short staffing impedes great care
Many nice employees
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYJune 8, 2014
Very negative workplace. Lots of nepotism. Very poor treatment of nurses. Poor staffing, poor communication. Management is lousy.
Pros
close to home
Cons
everything else
Caregiver
PCA (nurse assistant) (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYMay 6, 2014
Attending to patients needs.
I learned many things from my charges. I had no problems with my co-workers. They were all angels. The hardest part of the job for me was trying to lift someone into a chair. The rewarding part of the job was when my patients would compliment me.
small community hospital
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYApril 10, 2014
Hired as a consultant to prepare for successful Joint Comission visit in June 2013.
Pros
excellent work enviroment for coaching and mentoring professional staff., cno very pro active with professional development, clinical outcomes and staff satisfaction.
Cons
small community hospital, struggling with fiances and demands to meet patient care needs.
great working environment
Food Host (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 4, 2014
Great place with friendly people, great working atmosphere.
Pros
customer service experience
Cons
not enough growth withing the company
Local Hospital
SUNY Cortland Fieldwork Experience (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYFebruary 20, 2014
Small hospital with a lot of room to move up in the ranks and grow professionally as an nurse.
ICCU, ECU, telemetry, Full time staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYJanuary 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my community. My co-workers are team oriented.

2.9