Nyack Hospital

Nyack Hospital Employee Reviews

Pathology Secretary (Former Employee), Nyack, NYJune 8, 2015
The Pathology Department is a great department to work for. I have been learning numerous of things since i been here as a secretary. Its very easy to learn things around here.
nice team work environment
Clinical Nurse Specialist IV Therapy (Current Employee), Nyack, NYMarch 11, 2015
Pros: family environment
Cons: lak of staff and resources
Educated and initiated staff regarding policy. reduction in clabsi rate to 0% for 2014. Introduced 3CG technology to organization and trained all the appropriate nursing staff. Worked collaboratively with various disciplines for positive changes. Taught monthly at orientation for new hires. Assisted with hypothermia protocol initiation.
good place to work
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), emergency departmentFebruary 13, 2015
Teamwork and focused on quality care. Continually looking to improve outcomes and patient safety for the greater good of the community
Disorganized management
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee), Nyack, NYNovember 20, 2014
Nyack Hospital is about 300 bed unit that is in constant renovation with every aspect of acute medical care. Always preaches for the good of the patient but never gives. Medical Staff are always restricted and lacks equipment. Disorganized management.
learn, love and safe dc home for families and patient
Case Manager/Appeals Coordinator (Current Employee), Nyack, NYOctober 24, 2014
My first job in the medical field was at Nyack Hospital in 1973 as a nurses aid. i continued on my advancement in the field and became a Graduate Nurse in 1974, i started my nursing career at Nyack.

i returned to Nyack seeking per diem employment about 11 yrs ago and have been there every Saturday since.

In this position I am a Nurse Case Manager facilitating discharges on Saturdays. a typical day at work starts at 7:30 and ends around 5pm.

At Nyack, I have learned to be flexible and expect the unexpected. Since I usually work alone on saturdays, with an occasional other person i like my co-workers very. the hardest part of my job is working alone. the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on the patient and families face when the patient can be discharged to a safe plan, home vs rehab, etc
Productive learning experience
Patient Care Volunteer (Former Employee), Nyack, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good hospital setting exposure
Facilitate patients with bedside assistance.
Assist the staff with tasks such as call bells, phones, and message delivery.
Preserve patient privacy by disposing medical records properly.
Assist patients with ambulation.
I was born to nurse
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Nyack NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: working with smart, great character, caring, giving and selfless co-workers
Cons: short staffing impedes great care
Working in the healthcare system one cannot help but feel a great sense of reward and accomplishment while caring and providing for all race,gender,economic background from the very young to the old.
Helping people to me is a calling not a profession.
Many nice employees
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Nyack, NYJune 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: everything else
Very negative workplace. Lots of nepotism. Very poor treatment of nurses. Poor staffing, poor communication. Management is lousy.
Caregiver
PCA (nurse assistant) (Former Employee), Nyack, NYMay 6, 2014
Attending to patients needs.
I learned many things from my charges. I had no problems with my co-workers. They were all angels. The hardest part of the job for me was trying to lift someone into a chair. The rewarding part of the job was when my patients would compliment me.
small community hospital
Director of Nursing (Current Employee), Nyack, NYApril 10, 2014
Pros: excellent work enviroment for coaching and mentoring professional staff., cno very pro active with professional development, clinical outcomes and staff satisfaction.
Cons: small community hospital, struggling with fiances and demands to meet patient care needs.
Hired as a consultant to prepare for successful Joint Comission visit in June 2013.
great working environment
Food Host (Current Employee), Nyack, NYMarch 4, 2014
Pros: customer service experience
Cons: not enough growth withing the company
Great place with friendly people, great working atmosphere.
Local Hospital
SUNY Cortland Fieldwork Experience (Former Employee), Nyack, NYFebruary 20, 2014
Small hospital with a lot of room to move up in the ranks and grow professionally as an nurse.
ICCU, ECU, telemetry, Full time staff nurse (Current Employee), Nyack, NYJanuary 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my community. My co-workers are team oriented.
The best shift is the night shift over all shifts
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), nyack new yorkJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: evrerything about the faciltiy is a con
Dramatic, no opportunity. if you want to work at a hospital just to say that you do ; well Nyack hospital is the place for that.
productive and rewarding workplace
Certified Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee), Nyack, NYNovember 22, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, family oriented hospital
A typical work day may vary depending on the number of surgeries, I have obtained my skill set by on the job training, I have learned patients safety comes first when pro forming my job duties, and you need great communicative skills to be productive and efficient. My co-workers are like my family, we all work well as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when management thanks staff for there hard work and dedication.
1:1
Patient Safety Attendant (Current Employee), Nyack, NYOctober 17, 2013
I thoroughly enjoy the patients I interact with on a daily basis- Being able to make them smile on the worst day of their life is truely rewarding!
Stepping stone can not stay for the long hall
Supervision (Former Employee), Nyack, NYOctober 2, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: horrible management
NO Communication at all between upper management and lower management and the staff.

Management is extremely clicky and if you do not fit in to that click or brown nose they will not except you and turn the cold shoulder to you. Extremely unprofessional, the worse is they are all smiling to your face but behind your back watch out.

They lie and do things to better there outcomes rather than thinking of the big picture
It's like anywhere else
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee), Nyack, NYSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: great for resume
Cons: poor management
They talk a good game. You go to orientation and they dazzle you with their talk of their culture and patient centric care. In the day to day though, management doesn't follow through with the necessaries to accomplish patient centered care or even efficient and consistent levels of care. It's good for your resume, the money is good, the benefits are great. This isn't a good place to build a career because promotions and raises/bonuses are rare even for those people who go way above and beyond. It's not a bad place to work, but don't let them raise your expectations in the beginning because it's a fairy tale.
They work you as a dog and then blame you at everything
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Nyack, NYSeptember 26, 2013
To say that this is a busy place is to say nothing. It was funny to read somebody's review that said that some RNs are lazy. At Nyack hospital nurse cannot possibly be lazy. A typical work day at Nyack nurses work 13 hours shift straight without breaks, bathroom time, or water. It is all luxury. Somebody can say that I exaggerate. People do not believe when nurses tell them about working conditions. Management is eager to blame nurses at all mistakes and errors that occur due to unhealthy and unsafe working conditions. Indeed, it is easier to blame staff than analyze roots. The worse part is to see patients suffering and not being able to help them. I know nurse who quit nursing profession after Nyack experience. My experience working at Nyack was also very bad. I still have my stress level up when I remember my time I worked at Nyack.
review
RN BC (Current Employee), Nyack, NYAugust 15, 2013
Pros: good health care plan
Cons: rarely any brakes, lack of linnen, basic supplis, have to go and borrow from other floors
changing shift by giving report at bedside introduction to the pt. preliminary assessement. chart and medication check. then vs answering call bells attend to pt needs. communicate with md , pharmacy and lab. adm night meds do compleate assessment. document findings collect speciments. finger stick, dressing changes. suction as needed document, .
time management, leadership. being a team player.
the hardest part of the job is feeling in adequate not mesuring up feeling you forget something because of patient load and lack of staff.
most enjoyable is when i know i have made a difference in a pt and his familie members life, made a difficult situation a little easiere for the pt.

About Nyack Hospital

Nyack Hospital rocks when it comes to medical services in New York's Rockland and Bergen counties. Formed in 1895 and originally – Read more

Nyack Hospital Salaries