Nyack Hospital Employee Reviews

Great staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYDecember 29, 2016
Has great hardworking staff. The ED is very busy and is a fast paced work environment. Has a high staffing turnover. Management supports the staff well.
Excellent job with plenty of work and learning opportunities.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYJanuary 2, 2017
Loved working here and enjoyed communicating with the patients and being able to work the hours that were given to me. The job was a 3-4 month job on a temporary basis, and unfortunately the time came where the job ended. I hope to have an opportunity to have the job available on a full time basis of which I would return in a heart beat. The supervisors were pleasant and the staff were all friendly.
Pros
Plenty or work
Cons
Short term job
Very professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockland, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Making sure that all charts were in order, for patients that had there appointments. Compliance is a must for patients and for the office in order to work in a orderly manner. working as a team is very productive practice. The hardest and priority is making sure that patients are treated with compassionate care. The most enjoyable, is when you are rewarded with how well I have made a patient comfortable.
Best Ever!!
Telecommuncations Operator (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYJanuary 11, 2017
I love working there,it like one happy family!! Customer service is great, staff gets back to you at a timely manner. My co-workers are the best we are full of pranks and willing to lead a helping hand.
Pros
Job growth
It's like anywhere else
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYSeptember 28, 2013
They talk a good game. You go to orientation and they dazzle you with their talk of their culture and patient centric care. In the day to day though, management doesn't follow through with the necessaries to accomplish patient centered care or even efficient and consistent levels of care. It's good for your resume, the money is good, the benefits are great. This isn't a good place to build a career because promotions and raises/bonuses are rare even for those people who go way above and beyond. It's not a bad place to work, but don't let them raise your expectations in the beginning because it's a fairy tale.
Pros
Great for Resume
Cons
Poor Management
I was able to protect the premises of Nyack Hospital
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYAugust 17, 2016
Nyack Hospital was a job I used as a stepping stool. It was a good experience for me being that I was able to meet different people. I enjoyed making sure Nyack Hospital and it's staff and patients were safe.
productive.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYMay 10, 2016
they trained me and gave me a great work experience. I did not care for management but I did learn a great deal of information.
They're great!
Student Intern Vascular (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYAugust 7, 2016
Excellent varied site Got to see and participate in various ultrasound studies. Employees are very nice and professional.
Has it frustrating moments but overall not that bad
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYJanuary 6, 2013
Nyack hospital is a decent start if you are starting a career in health care! Best part of the Job is helping people who really need your help! As a PCA it can get stressful when the unit is under staff and at times the RNs solely rely on you to get tasks done! Great place to learn if you are a nursing student. PCA are required to draw blood, EKG, answer call bells, a lot of total patient care, turn and position, vitals(twice per shift), finger stick, empty out foleys, clean ostomy bags and some nurses even ask you to perform ememas! Worst part of the job is dealing with a lot of isolation contact patients.
Pros
union, extra hours if you need, at times friendly co-workers, zero co-pay
Cons
floating, under staffed, late raises, pay, work load
A nice work enviroment
Radiation Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
a good atmosphere to work in and a good medical system, with good management and friendly work environment.I learned about the Nyack Hospital management system and enjoyed my time there.
Not a place for longevity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYAugust 29, 2012
Over-all, this is basically a "stepping stone" for many employees. Eventhough there are some long term employees here spanning over 20 years, the majority of new employees are looking for other places of employment within a year. This is due to sr. management.

Sr. management does not care about the clinical issues that lower management and regular employees deal with on a daily basis.This is due to them not being "clinical" or actually having a medical background in the areas they over-see.

Important things that are needed to do your duty are not always available because the hospital is always on "credit hold" with one vendor or another.

Do not be mislead by the plastic smile that you will encounter/receive from your "boss." They really don't care about anything but keeping their six figure salary.

If you decide to work here, be prepared for "the nyack way." AKA, hurry up and wait.
Pros
n/a
Cons
demanding superiors that do not care about your situtation, very opposed to the unions/barganing units in the institution.
productive and rewarding workplace
Certified Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYNovember 22, 2013
A typical work day may vary depending on the number of surgeries, I have obtained my skill set by on the job training, I have learned patients safety comes first when pro forming my job duties, and you need great communicative skills to be productive and efficient. My co-workers are like my family, we all work well as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when management thanks staff for there hard work and dedication.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Family oriented Hospital
Stepping stone can not stay for the long hall
Supervision (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYOctober 2, 2013
NO Communication at all between upper management and lower management and the staff.

Management is extremely clicky and if you do not fit in to that click or brown nose they will not except you and turn the cold shoulder to you. Extremely unprofessional, the worse is they are all smiling to your face but behind your back watch out.

They lie and do things to better there outcomes rather than thinking of the big picture
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Patients Access Coordinator, Admitting Department (Current Employee) –  Nyack, New YorkAugust 29, 2012
Friendly co-workers. It's always busy. You learn something new every day. Management try to work with us as possible. I enjoy meeting different people all the time
benefits
Cons
culture
Poor management
Administration (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYSeptember 3, 2015
The hospital management doesn't care about the employees. They only care that you show up, there is no training or collaboration. Management just wants to improve their reputation but they will not purchase the tools/resources that the staff need to do their jobs properly.
They look for excuses to blame employees for their mis-management. There is a lot of back biting in the office areas.
I can't speak for the nurses or doctors as I worked in administration.
Parking is also frustrating.
Pros
Cons
treatment of employees
learn, love and safe dc home for families and patient
Case Manager/Appeals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYOctober 24, 2014
My first job in the medical field was at Nyack Hospital in 1973 as a nurses aid. i continued on my advancement in the field and became a Graduate Nurse in 1974, i started my nursing career at Nyack.

i returned to Nyack seeking per diem employment about 11 yrs ago and have been there every Saturday since.

In this position I am a Nurse Case Manager facilitating discharges on Saturdays. a typical day at work starts at 7:30 and ends around 5pm.

At Nyack, I have learned to be flexible and expect the unexpected. Since I usually work alone on saturdays, with an occasional other person i like my co-workers very. the hardest part of my job is working alone. the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on the patient and families face when the patient can be discharged to a safe plan, home vs rehab, etc
They work you as a dog and then blame you at everything
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYSeptember 26, 2013
To say that this is a busy place is to say nothing. It was funny to read somebody's review that said that some RNs are lazy. At Nyack hospital nurse cannot possibly be lazy. A typical work day at Nyack nurses work 13 hours shift straight without breaks, bathroom time, or water. It is all luxury. Somebody can say that I exaggerate. People do not believe when nurses tell them about working conditions. Management is eager to blame nurses at all mistakes and errors that occur due to unhealthy and unsafe working conditions. Indeed, it is easier to blame staff than analyze roots. The worse part is to see patients suffering and not being able to help them. I know nurse who quit nursing profession after Nyack experience. My experience working at Nyack was also very bad. I still have my stress level up when I remember my time I worked at Nyack.
review
RN BC (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYAugust 15, 2013
changing shift by giving report at bedside introduction to the pt. preliminary assessement. chart and medication check. then vs answering call bells attend to pt needs. communicate with md , pharmacy and lab. adm night meds do compleate assessment. document findings collect speciments. finger stick, dressing changes. suction as needed document, .
time management, leadership. being a team player.
the hardest part of the job is feeling in adequate not mesuring up feeling you forget something because of patient load and lack of staff.
most enjoyable is when i know i have made a difference in a pt and his familie members life, made a difficult situation a little easiere for the pt.
Pros
good health care plan
Cons
rarely any brakes, lack of linnen, basic supplis, have to go and borrow from other floors
To many clicks in the company
RN (Former Employee) –  ICUApril 17, 2013
I wanted so much to work there due to great reviews and there were a bunch of RN's and other staff that were friendly and understanding however you can not teach an old dog new tricks would be a better phrase for the older clicks who made it their business to make a person just wish they had never gotten hired there to begin with. Their main goal is to make it a friendly environment for the patients as well as the staff, Looked good on the video right, but then the camera turns off and the back stabbing and lies begin. Higher staff treats lower staff like second class citizens is what I wittnessed
Pros
human resources has it together
Cons
older rn's rude.obnoxiouse, management clearly needs a wake up call on how to treat people
Horrible work experience
other (Former Employee) –  otherJuly 10, 2013
Poor organizational culture= poor service delivery.
Employees are treated horrible= patients are treated horribly

Pros
somewhat good benefits
Cons
horrible organizational culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nyack Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9