NYC Department of Environmental Protection Employee Reviews

relaxed environment, productive interaction with peers and clients
Assistant Community Liaison Employee (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst NY, Brooklyn NYSeptember 28, 2015
While working with the Department of Environmental Protection I have learned so many things regarding the use and supply of the NYC water system. Each day was a challenge because you always had an opportunity to learn more about the day to day operations of this company. Upper management was more than willing to teach you in any area of the agency that you wanted to learn all while passing on advancement information from time to time. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the customer interaction I have met some really nice and interesting people and I must say that was the highlight of my career not only the problem solving but having the opportunity to help someone its the most fulfilling feeling I could ever imagine.
Pros
stability, reliable benefits, room for advancement, educational incentives
Cons
mandatory overtime during tax lien season in office or the field
good jod
Customer Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 8, 2014
I worked for this company for 18 years, I had made many friends. When I was laid off I was heart broken, I wish this was job I still had.

It was a great company to work for, I had two great bosses who were fair to me for the years I worked there. Dealing with the customers were hard, but dealing with the public is always a hard job.
Pros
people
Cons
will not say
Productive work place, Security and Team players.
Administrative Assistant/ Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2013
NYC DEP was a great place to work for. Anything you needed they were there to help you learn new things. I learned alot at DEP and is where I learned most of my skills. Very family oriented and they accomodated you in any personal situation you wre going through. We became a family and were all team players to assist each other in any needs we had. It was a great job to work for.
Pros
benefits, healthcare, security
Cons
had to wait for tests to move up the ladder
great experience
sewage treatment worker (Former Employee) –  wards islandSeptember 9, 2013
good morale , great guys yo work along side with. there was no typical work day. Management was good, professional . the job had its ups and downs , more ups tho .
Pros
great pay
Cons
20 minute lunch break
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York , NYDecember 21, 2011
I work NYC DEP last three years , it was great place to work , i supervisor was excellent person. all my co worker was great too.
Civil Service Employment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2012
Working for The City if New York offers a one of kind experience as a customer service representative.

4.6