NYC Health & Hospitals Corporation Employee Reviews

Great
Epic Go-Live Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coney Island, NYFebruary 19, 2018
Nice Place to work. god people i dont know what else to say.. they offer quality services and everybody is in good spirit. ii love this place because it is great
Legal Intern
Legal Intern, Legal Affairs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Good work environment and fast paced job for those who want to work in healthcare regulatory work. Make sure to ask for more work when needed and take appropriate days off.
Disgusting, Racial Bias and Discrimination from Top-to-Bottom
Community Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2017
Your tax dollars are used to prevent you from achieving upward mobility. Management will block you from further advancement, but will maintain a friendly face in your presence. The most productive and knowledgeable worker will be expected to complete other's tasks without any compensation and free of charge. I will leave it at that.
Pros
No pros
Cons
You are making the profits without decent compensation.
A great organization that has an unrealistic business model.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 11, 2017
HHC has a noble mission, to serve the healthcare and behavioral health needs of New Yorkers, despite their ability to pay or their immigration status. Unfortunately, organizations need to be self-funding and sustainable, HHC is neither.
good company
Accounts Payable / Data processor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
I was a temp here in 2008. Worked several positions and departments. Large office and great location. Most people are nice but not all. People get in and out on time (9 -5).
Room for grown
Clerical Associate LV-ll (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2015
Fun work place ,acknowledges good work ethic . Room for grown within company. I enjoy working along side my colleagues and learning from them. Great company with great benefits.
Confused
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
The projects went as we went along. CIO was not technically savvy. He tried to make things happen but the process always left me confused. I transitioned during this time, but it was a big learning curve to learn medical terminology. I did it.

Work culture was ok.
Very Productive fast paced at times, growth
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2015
My day was very productive from answering phone, typing memos, running off to meeting and also conducting classes like CPR and the Defensive Driving class. I was able to learn a lot and apply it to my day to day life. the bosses their was hands on willing to help with whatever you needed. I did not have a hard part because I loved the challenge that was presented to me. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the Mayor's office.
Pros
A lot of overtime, sometime free lunch, the pay and benefits
Cons
I have no cons
Good learning experience
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Great place to start your career. A lot of experiences and learning opportunities available.
Must have lots of patience and compassion.
Hospital Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2013
My time at Jacobi Hospital enhanced my patience and customer service skills. But it also made me more compassionate regarding low-income families and their needs.
high presure environment great place to work
Senior Consultant Management IT (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 14, 2013
A typical day of work would be manage current project dealing with consultants,AVP. Maintining the sofware and hardware for 26 hospitals,
I managed the largest cost centers with in the Finance department 10 cost centers split with in our IT infraustructure unit.