NYC Health + Hospitals Employee Reviews

Workplace Experience
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
I worked with great team members who were supportive and assisted me when I needed help. I enjoyed working in a fast pace setting and referral process.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Short breaks
Only work there if you're close to retirement
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
If you're young and have experience already working in healthcare, this is not the place for you. If you're experienced and are closer to retirement, this is the place for you. As long as you don't rock the boat or make any waves, you should be fine.

I was in the middle, with no experience, but looking for a way in. And I worked there until there were layoffs. There's no accountability/leadership, regardless of the name changes and titles etc. People say 1 thing and do another, no one holds employees feet to the fire, so you have bedlam.

I was glad it gave me a taste of what healthcare has to offer, but if you already have this experience, no need to waste your time.

Unless you have a few years left until retirement.
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2017
* good place to work
*learned how to use different programs
*worked closely with other insurance
*worked with people in different Hospitals / departments
A place you can learn great skills
Program Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 28, 2017
The hardest part of this job is the salary. You work extremely hard and unfortunately the pay is too low.

The most enjoyable part of this job is although its stressful and quick pace there is a certain level of peace. Peace in a Job is rare.
Workday
Epic Clinical Documentation/Stork Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 25, 2017
It is a great place to get experience with multiple modules of an EMR installation. You can partner with co-workers to learn new skillsets and tasks necessary for work advancement
Pros
Learn about integration
Job Requirements
Associate Director of External Affairs (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NY 11432September 15, 2017
There was no 9 to 5 - it was more like 8 to 6 - the job was interesting, opportunity to be creative, self motivation a must, working as a team a must, hardest part of the job was having enough hours in the day to accomplish what needed to be done, fellow employees were great to work with and appreciative of leadership and team work.
Being a good employee not rewarded
Associate Director, Public Affairs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
My particular manager is a bully. The culture is corrupt. They need to remove the people who are there for the wrong reasons and don't care about patients and/or colleagues. It's unfortunate and sad
Pros
some of the people are amazing
Cons
others are nasty and bullies
Volunteer/ Data entry (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYAugust 24, 2017
I dont really enjoy slow-Paced jobs but i knew I had experience in computers and I wanted to get and know somethings that ocur behind the scenes of the health and hospital corporations.
Fulfilling environment.
Clerical Associate III (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYAugust 10, 2017
The excellent health care services provided here to our patients is compared to few. The diverse work population is a perfect match to the diverse neighborhood. It is a relationship that works hand in hand. Being able to be a part of something so dynamic is a privilege and an honor. Everyday I am spiritual and emotionally fulfilled with a sense of purpose.
This title needs more training in related police work.
NYC Hospital Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Numerous through out the city of New YorkJuly 17, 2017
This job would be better job if the appropriate tools would be readilbly available to the officer to effectively do his job. Also, the fact that you report to a director who happens to be a civilian is not good for the rank and file.
Pros
Free Medical and Hospital Treatment
Cons
Training and pay needs attention
Great Work Enviorment
Associate Director/Service Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 27, 2017
Aside from the job scope itself, one factor that significantly influences how employees feel about work is the environment. By work environment, I mean everything that forms part of employees’ involvement with the work itself, such as the relationship with co-workers and supervisors, organizational culture, room for personal development, etc.A positive work environment makes employees feel good about coming to work, and this provides the motivation to sustain them throughout the day,a transparent and open form of communication addresses the employee’s need to feel that what they have to say has value. It is what makes employees feel that they belong in the organization. Work then becomes meaningful because the employees know that what they contribute affects the organization that they are affiliated with.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great staff and benefits
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2017
I enjoyed working with the people in the HRS dept. Director and staff were a pleasure to work with. They were all approachable and helped me when I asked. They were knowledgable and I learned new things from them. It was a great experience. I was a temporary employee and my position was grant funded. I wish could have become permanent.
Goal oriented and a fun place to work.
Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2017
Entering into the professional world from College is a big challenge but due to my experience at Metropolitan Hospital interning in the HR Department I learned a lot of skills which I will be applying in future positions I will be working as. The Hospital is very diverse due to the amount of people walking in and out seeking care. The most part I enjoy about this internship is communicating with people helping them with whatever is needed
Pros
Positive energy
Cons
No free transportation or lunch
It's a community, patient centered place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 26, 2017
NYC Health + Hospital is a place where you can find a home as a practitioner. You develop strong relationships both with fellow co-workers and patients.
Pros
benefits and stability
Cons
salary
Very productive and advanced environment
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Very productive and advanced environment, I enjoyed working and building my skills, working for the city of New York has great benefits and retirement packages.
The HHC culture has changed dramatically in recent years to the point where employees are no longer called employees . We are called Human Capitol
Middle management (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 31, 2016
Yhey are trying new things and new strategies. They have paid a lot of money for rebranding and reorganizing the corporation. The new ideas only work for the new employeeds coming in that don't know the business but they have degrees! Yet they can't work the computer.
Pros
If you can dodge the bullets long enough you walk away with a decent pension.
Cons
If you don't play the game and develop really thick Skin you will not make it
Never a dull momenrt
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
We care for the health and well being of our patients. Although many know us by the psych reputation, this 862 bed facility is a center of excellence caring for patients across a broad spectrum. There is never a dull moment and the passion to do the right thing by our patients is relentless.
Pros
many learning opportunities
Cons
Constant transitions over short periods of time company wide
This is the jungle of incompetency
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodhull HospitalOctober 5, 2016
Incompetent management ... Literally incompetent. No brains. Extremely devaluing administration with no respect for staff or ideas or creativity. Just be a robot and see your patients and take on new patients and have a caseload of 150 and growing. That's the job.
Noting else. Don't expect growth here bc it doesn't exist. Just do your job. Never complain. Never call attention to errors. Just do your job and you'll be fine. Until..... The stress, the insults, the toxicity, the madness takes over and then you sink or swim with the lifevest that was NOT provided to you. The fact that OMH allows this to continue is equally deplorable.
Pros
Job security with a good union rep. Just come on time, leave on time and never dispute the task And you'll be fine.
Cons
Get ready to be infantilized.
busy medical center but with family attitude towards employees
Cement Mason (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Hospial Bronx NYSeptember 29, 2016
Work there for over 20 years and enjoyed my time there. I was part of the construction crew. The building was being updated on a daimt basis.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
long commute from my home
Fast paced intense environment
Assistant Director of Ambulatory Care (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 22, 2016
A typical workday involves operations meetings, data reporting, review metrics and implementing best practices. The patient experience is what drives our improvement measures and reducing the visit cycle time is a key component towards that goal. Staff engagement is also key while creating a learning culture for growth.
Pros
Ability to learn
Cons
Overburdening of tasks and expctations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYC Health + Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7