NYC Housing Authority

NYC Housing Authority Employer Reviews

Enjoyable
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 28, 2014
The job wasn't much trouble even with the hot sun beaming down on us. Everyone came in on time did what they had to do throughout the day and that was it. Every now and then we would have a chat with the permanent employees about the job and how many years they've put in.
Very productive and informative working with other employees and residents
Community Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 28, 2013
A typical day was very busy from the time you clock in til the time you clock out. I learned how to deal with different personalities. My co-workers where great. The hardest part of my job was saying good bye to my co-workers and residents when I relocated to South Carolina. What I enjoyed the most was working with the children and teens.
Great Job with excellent benefits
Caretaker X (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 24, 2013
I've been working 11 years now and the most is the great benefits.
Lets just say I'm happy to have a job
CARETAKER OF GROUNDS (Current Employee), FAR ROCKAWAY NYOctober 20, 2013
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: everything terrible supervisors, short breaks, 12 day schedule, they act crazy if you want a day off
HOWEVER I'M UN HAPPY IN EVERY OTHER WAY. I WORK , 2 HOURS AWAY EVEN THOUGH I WORK IN THE SAME BORO, MY COMMUTE IS RIDICULOUS. TYRING TO GET CLOSER TO HOME SEEMS TO BE MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. NO COMMUNICATION OVERSIGHT OR REAL SUPERVISION FROM THE TOP DOWN THE ROCKAWAY DEVELOPMENTS ARE THE FORGOTTEN ONES. I HAVE 2 COLLEGE DEGREES AND AM PICKING UP GARBAGE – more... ALL DAY WITH NYCHA IT SEEMS WHO YOU KNOW IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN WHAT YOU KNOW, GUESS I'M DONE HERE, WORK 12 days straight before I get 2days off, yes I believe it's time to go. Nycha cares more about its uneducated tyrant overseeing supervisors then the caretakers who are the back bone of the company. – less
A fun experience
Consultant, Part-Time (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2013
Pros: have the opportunity to work with kids.
Cons: job was only part time.
While working for the New York City Housing Authority I was able to work with kids of all ages.
It was a fun atmosphere and I really learned a lot while taking care of kids.
It was mostly helping them with their homework and creating recreational activities.
During the summer, we had fun camps with daily trips to many parts of New York.
I was provided – more... with training and got a certificate that provided me with "After School Childcare Credentials." – less
cleaning housing buliding's
Maintenance Assistant (Seasonal Volunteer) (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: on your own time
i mopped floors, changed bulbs, cleaned the elevators and took out the building's trash
great job and pay
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 30, 2012
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: dirty job
Great job dealing with a diverse group of people. had to deal with raw sewage, roaches and mice.
Decent place to work
Clerical Associate II (Former Employee), 23-02 49th AvenueJuly 23, 2012
Pros: great benefits, good hours
Cons: dealing with personalities of managers
Enjoyed working there mostly. The final location of the office was a bit difficult to get used to.
unproductive and need much improvement.
Caretaker P (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2012
Pros: good medical cover and pension plan
Cons: nycha had thirty minute lunch, and some trades had two fifthteen minute break, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, we had good health care coverage.
Working for the nyc housing authority was a great work expereince. I worked as a skilled caretaker for nineteen years.During my employment I found that some developments dont have the proper work tools to get the job done. It was stressful sometimes and working under supervisors that played a lot of favortism didnt make it any easyer, but I got the – more... job done and did my best with what I had to work with. – less