NYPD

NYPD Employee Reviews

Professional department with room for growth.
Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: Lack of mentorship.
Positive work environment with new opportunities to learn and grow as a team player or individually with an emphasis on taking promotional exams. Heavy communication with fellow officers encouraged although with such a large department there is an attitude of quantity over quality at times. Most officers wanted to make a difference within the chosen communities instructed to protect and serve and that was a great plus for me to be working alongside of them. I enjoyed my time there as it has made a tremendous impact on my life,
A decent job but not suitable for todays economy
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 16, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: missing out on my spiritual obligation
A typical New York City precinct with a high level of walk in complaintants seeking assistance, via telephone or face to face. Because I love my job the hardest part of my profession is dealing with co-workers who are unprofessional. Management is Management no matter where you work. I personally chose quality verses quantity.
auxiliary police officer
AUXILIARY POLICE OFFICER (Former Employee), Queens Village, NYAugust 16, 2015
very good career to become police officer and very good experience on how the police officers do traffic stop and everything when it comes to law of niece
I was tested on every level of my humanity, capability and instincts.
Officer,training Officer Liaison to the Chief (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: horrible work schedules
I left a very nice position at a company on Wall St. and found what I was truly meant to do. There was no typical day as a police officer whether in uniform or undercover. Every day you were thrown into situations you had never dealt with before. Every day you learned and handled something new. Every day was a test of your knowledge of the law, and what you as a human being were made of.
New York City Police Department is paramilitary so you had a lot of people to answer to. In general your ranking supervisors were teachers, authoritarians, and provided guidance.

I found that the preponderance of the officers and ranking officers that I worked for or with, were very professional and made for this career.

The worst part of the job was seeing the pain innocent people had to endure at the hands of criminals. The absolute worst was notifying a family of the death of a loved one.

The best part of the job was when you apprehended a criminal so they could be brought to justice or delivered a baby, found a missing person, or saved someones life. Those were the gifts.
great company
Police Communication Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
productive and room for advancement and growth. working for the nypd has shown me and helped me during the time i have worked there. you see and and grow with in the company throughout city examinations and recommendations.
I feel I can do more for the company I am willing to learn new ideas
Clerical Worker Intern (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: need more work to d o
i am a hard worker doing my best at the task I am given
review good
There is something always to do I look for work to do bynhelping others
Productive and satisfying
POLICE OFFICER (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 4, 2015
Pros: learning how to deal with the public and making the public is safe and secure.
Cons: dealing with disorderly public.
A typical day at work is staringt the day with roll call go to your post and get your radios. I learned how to deal with the public in different scenarios. Management is very productive and makes sure the day is going as safe as possible. Co-workers are always looking out and making sure that we all work in a safe environment. The hardest part of the job is working different shifts and long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure that the public is safe in different situations.
Great people to work with, fast paced and very busy.
Summer College Intern, Audits and Accounts (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2015
My job here consisted of answering phone calls, filing data, and data entry. The work load varied between heavy and light. Often times I would work on my own, but there were instances where I worked in a group setting.
it has its ups and down, need a little more professionalism.
police communications technician (Former Employee), brooklyn, nyJuly 27, 2015
The work enviornment can be a little more professional. it has its ups and downs but when we work together it is a peaceful enviornment.
Most recognized Police Department in the country
Sergeant/Supervisor (Former Employee), Bronx NYJuly 26, 2015
There was nothing typical about policing NYC. Everyday was a new experience. NYC Police Officers are among the best and most restrained i the world.
GOOD WORK PLACE
School Crossing Guard (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 25, 2015
Excellent place to work. I could not have chose a better place to work. I cross the kids to and from school.

I enjoyed working with kids
Co-workers work together in emergency situations
School Safety Agent (Current Employee), Brooklyn NyJuly 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary
My current job as a School Safety Agent is exciting because everyday is something different. We are placed in schools to make sure the environment is safe for teachers and students, as well as vistiors. Its hard to state the hardest part of the job because the aspect of this job is to deal with all situations as best as we could based off of what we were taught in the academy and what we know. Integrity plays a major part of law enforcement.
Eye and Ears
NYPD Auxiliary Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Work with your family
Cons: Possibility of getting seriously hurt
Volunteering for the NYPD was loads of fun. I got to learn a lot about the department and how a lot of things ran. Overall, this is somewhere I would want to end up in the long run. Working along others who want to do the same as you if very fun and intriguing. The hardest part of the volunteer program, even as a regular police officer would have to deal with day to day events that can be life changing.
Fast pace environment at times
Principal Administrative Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Need a break room/lounge area
Ensure all new civilian employees are entered into the NYCAPS system. Resignations, promotions, leaves and terminations are processed. Quarterly reports are calculated correctly. Candidates are interviewed for future vacancies.Time and leave balances are transferred and paid. It is most enjoyable when working with caring people and also the opportunity to meet some amazing people. Hardest part is trying to solve every issue/problem in one day!
see below
Police Administrative Aide (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 5, 2015
Pros: I get my hour for meal, and I get to go home on time.
Cons: As a Police Administration Aide we need to get more.
The most typical day that I may have is typing reports, answering phone calls and taking any walk-ins. I learned how to be patient and listen to what the complainants are reporting when they come into the Complaint Room. My co-workers are very helpful due to that there are three tours, so everyone leave notes if they have a problem for the next tour so that the reports can be handled in timely fashion manner. The hardest part of the day is when you have to work by your self due to the co-workers may be sick or on vacation. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make sure that a complainant is satisfied when he or she leaves the Complaint Room.
nice community fun
Booth Service / Food Server / Volunteer Organizer (Former Employee), Parkchester, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: helping the community
Cons: slightly draining
nice volunteer work setting up free entertainment and food for the community. kids have a lot of fun and majority of the community find it enjoyable. Some people would take advantage of the free entertainment and would be rude and uncooperative.
Best Police Department in NYS
Police Officer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2015
Everything you'd expect and more. Like they tell you in the academy, front row seats to the greatest show on earth. You learn how to be an adult. How to deal with a plethora of issues from EDPs to gun runs and active shooters.
Making a difference
Police Administrative - Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2015
Working for the Police Department was a great place to work. A typical day at work was taking reports for people who were physically or mentally abused of all ages or crime reports. Helping others during difficult times, encouraging others in a positive way was very rewarding to me. This comes natural to me. If I can help someone or help a business grow count me in.
Productive work place
Police Administrative Aide (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 23, 2015
Pros: Twenty minutes breaks
Cons: N/A
On a typical day at work, my main task consist of making sure various confidential reports are entered into an on-line database system.
Loved the job ,no compaints.
Maitenance Worker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 3, 2015
While working at the 83rd precinct I was taught valuable skills that I am now able to use in my everyday life. My coworkers were the best a coworkers that any new employee could ask for , they made it easy for me to fit in and fell like a part of the team , overall it was a great experience for me.
Industry