NYPD Employee Reviews in United States

Interaction with my co-workers outside of work.
Clerical/Administrative Assistant (intern) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 15, 2016
A typical day at work is busy, busy, busy; lots to do.

I learned the technical part of what the traffic enforcement officers day is truly about.

Management is terrific.

My co-workers are a delight and very easy going.

The hardest part of my job was trying to slow down.

I enjoyed the moral and structure of it all.
Pros
Eager to help you when assistance is needed.
Cons
Enjoyed the job and diversity of people.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 14, 2016
Handled all Domestic Violence calls. Made arrests, detained suspects, investigated thefts, responded to medical emergencies and did traffic control when needed in Brooklyn NY. All documentation and report writing.
School Safety Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Patrolling hallways, Maintaining a safe environment for students and staff, challenging all visitors that enter school building, enforcing laws within school and perimeter.
really professional
Auxiliary Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2016
it fell good when you help your community and also learn about police the hardest job is to provide security for your community , all the staff are nice people , management are professional
Excellent career
Captain (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2016
Equivalent to a very large company that allows you again experience in a variety of endeavors. Advancement depends on your drive. Like any career, it requires sacrifices but also provides you with experiences you can't get anywhere else.
people care
clerical worker-intern (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Working in the Police Department makes me humble and appreciate life with a positive ougtlook on life. I like the people.
Pros
not bad
Cons
you have to have the stomach for that kind of work
Fantastic opportunity to grow and learn
College Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2016
I interned at the New York City Police Department for approximately 12 months while in two different commands. As a college student there was no better introduction into the day to day operations of such a busy and diverse municipality. As an intern I had the opportunity to perform research, draft responses to inquiries, attend meetings with my supervisor, and grow my professional skills during my senior year of college. Additionally, the supervision was fantastic, and the individuals who I met during my time as an intern were all supportive and knowledgeable. To this day I keep in contact with individuals from my time with the NYPD because they were so informative to professional growth, and genuinely made me feel like part of a group as an intern.
Working with the NYPD
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work is learning how to enforce the law and deal with the public. I learned to have tough skin and how to communicate better. I am a peoples person and love dealing with my co workers. Hardest part of the job is leaving the job at the end of my shift. The enjoyable part of the job was saving lives and making a difference.
NYPD -62nd Precinct was fantastic
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 3, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was to put info into the database system in the precinct. There was always a lot of work to keep busy until the day was over. The officers were enthusiastic about having me help them throughout the summer. They treated me as if I were a colleague.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Having to see perps
quick thinking and accuracy
Police Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2016
thinking quick with accuracy and providing assistance to all clients which end in 100 percent satisfaction. key point of employment would be think fast and smart.
overall is good
Detective Investigator, Second Grade (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2016
investigate Federal and State cases dealing with a variety of different crimes stateside and abroad. heavy case load and lack of resources made the task difficult at times.
Great Job
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
This is a career where everyone in your workplace becomes family, good or bad. This career is truly challenging and rewarding. If i had it to do all over again i would not change a thing.
Pros
Great Benefits and pay
Cons
not appreciated
A serious work environment with dedicated people engaged in important work
Director, Grants Unit (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
A serious work environment with dedicated people engaged in important work. Clear goals and objectives and great teamwork. This is the cutting edge of law enforcement and security technology, within a business-like setting.
Pros
structure and clear work objectives, good benefits, flexible working hours.
Cons
high security environment
Productive nice place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  25 Chapel St Brooklyn, New YorkJanuary 8, 2016
Ability to grow within the organization. Learned Analytical skills, learned time keeping and excel. Police department is great organization to work
Pros
Computer skills.
Cons
No health insurance
The most demanding job
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
This was my first career and the job that I will forever be grateful for. The NYPD builds friendships that last a life time, not only with the people that you worked with but with the people that were also police officer and that you will meet during your life time. There is a brotherhood that only officers can understand.
Pros
Great Friends
Cons
Demanding hours and circumstances
Good job with opportunities for advancement, varied work assignments
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
I spent close to twenty six years with the NYPD and for the most part it was a rewarding job that offered good pay; opportunities for advancement, varied work assignments, and ample overtime opportunity and plenty of time off. .
Pros
Varied work assignments and opportunity for advancement
Cons
Poor and unresponsive upper management
Community orientated and safe
Volunteer Auxiliary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2016
great organization! I fell in love with the aspect of the job, being the one whom society looks to and just the bond that you create amongst each other. its truly a place where you can grow and move up and witness everyday occasions.
Extremely exciting and extremely busy
Police Administrative/FINEST Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2016
Just working and living in New York is interesting but working for one of the largest police departments in the world is tried and true love for humanity. It is long hard wonderful hours of experience. The training and productivity is unmatched anywhere else.
Pros
Training is paramour
Cons
You may go many days without getting a lunch hour or break
Great Job
NYPD Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2015
No regrets.Good training for individuals who are looking for a career in law-enforcement.The New York Police Department is considered one of best law-enforcement agencies in the nation.
great experience
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2015
Working a s civil servant taught me many real world people skills it was a rewarding and valuable experience in my life. It taught me the value of communication skills.

4.2