NYPD Employee Reviews in United States

The most demanding job
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
This was my first career and the job that I will forever be grateful for. The NYPD builds friendships that last a life time, not only with the people that you worked with but with the people that were also police officer and that you will meet during your life time. There is a brotherhood that only officers can understand.
Pros
Great Friends
Cons
Demanding hours and circumstances
Good job with opportunities for advancement, varied work assignments
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
I spent close to twenty six years with the NYPD and for the most part it was a rewarding job that offered good pay; opportunities for advancement, varied work assignments, and ample overtime opportunity and plenty of time off. .
Pros
Varied work assignments and opportunity for advancement
Cons
Poor and unresponsive upper management
Community orientated and safe
Volunteer Auxiliary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2016
great organization! I fell in love with the aspect of the job, being the one whom society looks to and just the bond that you create amongst each other. its truly a place where you can grow and move up and witness everyday occasions.
Extremely exciting and extremely busy
Police Administrative/FINEST Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2016
Just working and living in New York is interesting but working for one of the largest police departments in the world is tried and true love for humanity. It is long hard wonderful hours of experience. The training and productivity is unmatched anywhere else.
Pros
Training is paramour
Cons
You may go many days without getting a lunch hour or break
Great Job
NYPD Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2015
No regrets.Good training for individuals who are looking for a career in law-enforcement.The New York Police Department is considered one of best law-enforcement agencies in the nation.
great experience
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2015
Working a s civil servant taught me many real world people skills it was a rewarding and valuable experience in my life. It taught me the value of communication skills.
I like working with the Police Department
Clerical Worker Intern (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 16, 2015
It is an interesting experience to work with the police a daily bases. I am learning to understand how the other half live.
You always keep leaning new things
Auxiliary Police Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2015
Assist the New York City Police in deterring crime by performing uniform patrol, enforcing state and city rules and regulations.
Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of professional training supporting the New York City Police Officers in emergency or natural disasters
Training
NYC Auxiliary Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
the very best is really all i can say about this department the NYPD is 2nd to none and stands out among the elite law enforcement agencies around the world.
Pros
being a part of the best police department in the world
Cons
salary should be higher
good job experencie, room for advancement
School Safety Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2015
I start my day at 6am. i have learned to work with children of all ages from 5 years old until 22 years old as well as their parents. I deal with different attitudes and behavior issues. I have learned to be a leader. I get along with my co-workers and always willing to lend a helping hand when needed. The hardest part of my job is arresting the kids or adults when needed be. I love working with the public you meet new and exciting people
An awesome experience
Auxiliary Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
I would highly recommend this for anyone wanting to develop character and/or desiring to gain experience in the law enforcement field.
A great opportunity to learn about the NYPD
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2015
This was an internship for me, but I loved how much I learned about what the NYPD does on a daily basis. There are many stigma's out there, but after being on the inside for a while, I can tell you for a fact that many of them work extremely hard. Everyone I encountered was helpful and more than willing to educate me on their daily jobs.
Love working hard, and I love challenge
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 13, 2015
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
o having to opportunity to grow as a prefesional
Its a great job to use as a stepping stone
Traffic Enforcement Agent Lvl II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
If your dreams are to become an avid positive force within the community, being a traffic enforcement agent is a great way to get your foot in the door of the police department and work your way around different departments.
Pros
knowing the community, sharping public surroundings and awareness, how to read parking signs and violations
Cons
Working in all weather conditions, civilian mistreatment, not fully protected legally from harm, bodily injuries are frequent, if gone for more the 12 mons due to on the job injury your job is at risk of termination
Good for a first city job.
Traffic Enforcement Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part is that they don't micromanage. Co-workers were cool, the hardest part was working in all weather conditions.
The US Army
Sergeant Detective Squad Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PanamaNovember 3, 2015
I Served just under six years and in that time, I met and worked with the most amazing people, We fought lived and died together. I will always be proud of my service and the men and women I served with.
Pros
comradery, travel, a sense of pride in being apart of the tradition of service
Cons
bad food, long days and night, lost friends
A great company to work for.
Special Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2015
Every day is different, all could be well and then something burden sum could happen. It's up to the trained professionals to tame the situation and bring about peace. I love my co-workers we all look out for each other and its a pleasure to go to work.
Very Productive and Challenging
School Safety Agent Level III (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2015
I like the job, but its time for change and I feel I can advance myself in another field of work. This job has become overwhelming in the pass year. i would like to utilize my skills in other classes.
A learning experience
School Safety Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 27, 2015
Working for school safety was a learning experience. I worked inside various public schools: elementary, middle, and high school. Staff was always supportive and willing to assist when necessary. Some students were fun and memorable. Others were rude and disrespectful. Overall, I enjoyed my experience as a school safety agent.
Nice, busy, strict, fun, and a Good learning environment,
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
good place to work but was not a fit for me, performed a lot of duties while working with the NYPD it was a great learning experience
Pros
job security, union, benefits
Cons
dangerous, long hours, different shifts

4.4