NYPD

NYPD Employee Reviews

repair and maintain telecommunication equipment
Detective (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: pay is good benefits are good, travel is good to and from
Cons: can not really think of any
cleaning, restocking supplies when needed , getting new jobs ,meeting with vendors to help them and set them up so they may complete there task , how to deal with different personality from day today and working with them to get the job done what ever it entails
on the management being around the longest and having the most knowledge of the building i am called upon for my expertise and if i do not have the answer i know where to get it , me and my co workers work closely together on many projects,and share ideas on the best way to complete the job at hand. I cant says any part of my job is difficult. i enjoy making people happy by repairing there problem what ever it is weather it a phone problem , cable tv , computer ,what ever i just glad to know i helped so their happy my boss is happy im happy
New dadly challenges, respect from the top to the bottom, going home safe each day.
NYPD/SSD (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: The 21 Chancellors Holidays
Cons: Low pay
Every day different, you get what you give, there was know problem with management. We respect and supported each other. Keeping the supervisor and mother separate. Just being there for the Students, Staff, Parents and My Agents.
The greatest job you will ever have.
Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Retirement benefits
Cons: Moral, making life changing decisions in a split second.
This work is for those who want to serve and protect. Though it is dangerous the rewards and life experience is unattainable anywhere in the world. Stay in the books move up in rank and you will do fine.
career
Police Officer (Current Employee), new york cityMay 26, 2015
Pros: nypd
Cons: nypd
police officer city of new york...Daily interaction with public in all forms ....tourists asking questions to emergency situations ....to helping people in distress and or arrests
Police Communications Technician (Current Employee), brooklyn,nyMay 19, 2015
Although it is a highly stressful job but at the end of the day knowing I was the apart of the process of helping save someone's life gives me great satisfaction. Whether it be dispatching or call taking listening attentively is very vital, missing a little piece of information can literally be someone's life or death and not getting the necessary help a caller need and that pressure can be overwhelming. I have learned a lot in this job and the skills I have attained will help me with further work opportunities.
Family orientated organization with Excellent training and growth
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2015
Pros: Excellent salary and growth opportunity
Cons: hours and overtime was extreme.
I loved working here. I'd stayed had I had adequate child care for my rotation shift. Working within an organization that provided room for growth based on your work production and skills was a great opportunity. The NYPD, was outstanding in their efforts to provide a stable and ethical environment for their employees. would recommend this organization to anyone.
Great place to work; good people
Deputy Inspector (Current Employee), .May 14, 2015
Awesome benefits; great people; you learn a lot.
Ample vacation time, unlimited sick.
Tell us about:
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally identifiable
Outstanding police department.
Lieutenant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2015
The NYPD is rich in history and is unbelievably successful in policing the largest city in the United States. The training is second to none and the chances for advancement are numerous.
Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work was slow most of the times and some days it was busy. I learned how to work with the NYPD system by putting accidents and complaints reports in the system, I also learned how to find people and their compliant or report numbers. My co-workers knew what they were doing because they've worked there for many years.
working with the cops
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: The experience
Cons: none
I started working for the nypd as a teenager through a summer youth program It was a great experience great people to work around and learn from
The best job ever
Detective (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: help people
Cons: none
Great job you get to help people and make a difference in there lives and in your personal life as well. also get to meet a great bunch of people while you work.
very good benefits, minimal quality of life
police officer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Its what one would expect out of the largest police department in America. Being on for over a decade my benefits are from the old tier system, newer officers not so much. Pay is excellent and competitive everywhere but in NYC.
Deliver great customer service
Hostess and Busser (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZApril 9, 2015
Pros: discount food
Cons: no breaks
I sat at a stand and sat customers that came in I learned customer service and the management was okay co workers where cool the hardest part was dealing with management and the easy part was the job it self
No day on patrol is a routine day
Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Interesting people
Cons: politics
Everyday on patrol responding to radio runs have been an experience. You must have an open mind and you have to be sharp. People call on us to provide protection and help when things are out of their control. Not the greatest of jobs but one of the most rewarding.
Traffic Officer
New York Traffic Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2015
I directed traffic. I issued summons. I gave directional information to citizens, or if i did not know I asked one of my fellow police officers.
A place for personal growth
School Safety Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: weekends off & summer vacation
Cons: making arrest
Working in this surrounding has made me more confident, alert, and outspoken. It helped me learn how to keep my belongings secure on and off the job. I'm more experienced with handling people personal matters.
Law Enforcment
Police Officer-Sergeant (Former Employee), NYCMarch 24, 2015
Supervise individuals and monitor their activities.Police Officer with [15] years in law enforcement, including assisting citizens, investigating accidents and conducting routine patrols. Exceptional report writing ability, dedicated to saving lives, increasing community safety and decreasing crime rates. Internal investigation supervisor, Motivated to serve and protect the community from crime and dangerous activities. Extensive conflict and crisis prevention training. Quick thinking , skilled in assessing risks and making critical decisions under extreme pressure highly effective at taking leadership direction from superiors, as well as mentoring junior officers. Believes that a willingness to learn and an emphasis on teamwork are essential qualities of successful law enforcement officers. Dedicated Police Officer who practices safe security measures and conflict resolution techniques to handle crisis and emergency situations. Conducted internal investigation within the department
Finest Law Enforcement Institution in the country
Operations Coordinator - Lieutenant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
A worthwhile career and a great place to work. The NYPD is truly the finest policing institution in the world. I was proud to serve.
hated it
Probationary Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 8, 2015
The workers belittle people and think all the PPO's are liars. If you are injured and seem weak the officers in the gym will not help you.
Great Job if you're younger
NYPD School Safety Agent (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short meal break and standing for long hours
A typical day consists of patrolling the school grounds, directing students to class, assisting administration and crowd control. Patience is key in this job because you're dealing with children. the hardest part of the job is the long standing hours. Management has been great including the coworkers and the most enjoyable aspect is seeing the children progress.
Industry