NYPD Employee Reviews

How is it working
Technical Support Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
Atypical day at the New York City Police Department is exciting to me at the time. I understood the concept of being an additional eyes and ears for the company. Once you know the expectations of a boss, you quickly adapt or bail out. Diversity is real, you will be tested.
Pros
the pros about working for the NYCDOE is knowledge and assisting others
Cons
The negative is that your life is in constand danger
The Best in Law Enforcement
Police Officer / Lead Crime Analyst Detective (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
I definitely enjoyed and missed my career with the NYPD. I've learned so much working in such a diverse workplace culture and environment. I was always proud to go to work, put on my blue uniform, helping people and assist my co-workers! NYPD best in Law Enforcement!
Very importsnt place to work at
Summer Youth Program, Administrative Support Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2017
I learned a lot there even though I only stay for a short period of time. I get to know how the overall Police Department functioned and due a lot ofClerical work as well as administrative work.
Pros
I learned how to protected people confidential information
Cons
It was a summer youth position no benefit involve
No good
Fingerprint Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2017
Not a positive environment. Doesn't promote growth, ceiling is very low for civilian members in most departments. Management could be better as well. Culture could be better.
Best job in the world
Captain (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
A great profession with various assignments.
You interact with 1000's of people.
Advancement is self propelled.
The retirement benefits are still good.
Pros
Great career
Cons
Public perception of police and the politics of the job.
productive workplace envirionment advancing people's lives
HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR / TRAINING BUREAU (Former Employee) –  Police Acedemy, NY NYMay 10, 2017
very satisfying to work with NYPD recruits for over a 6 month period and watch the transition from civilian to officer. very good to watch them graduate from the Academy and become strong confident officers who go out to serve our wonderfully, culturally diverse, New York City
Pros
attending special events in city
Cons
dealing wih difficult supervision, being around death and illness
left for personal reasons
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
personally i believe now its not a good time to be a cop.
the public always hates you and cameras always come out when you show up on the scene, which makes rookie cops very nervous
Good place to work and have a good future
Police officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
Nypd great place to work and enhance your life and help others it is a very good learning experience about life and people in general good people to work with it and you have the chance to witness great things and at the same time real bad things
Pros
Good benefits and secure job
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Fun
Police Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2017
Dealing with all sorts of Police activities, emergencies and situations. Radio dispatching police vehicles, Fire Vehicles etc. The hardest part of the job was a situation that you handled that results in Death.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Situations that ended in negative results.
a good place to work if you can handle stress
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 5, 2017
Working at Nypd Pizza was a good experience. i learned how to plan out my goal ahead of time to reach it in a timley and effecient manner. Working at Nypd also taught me how to handle high stress situations well.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
no breaks
Best PD in the world
Police Officer/Recruiter/Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2017
The best part of my career was serving the citizens of New York City. NYC was my hometown and I love the people of NY. Everyday was a different challenge.
Pros
Great Job everyday is different
Cons
Very Dangerous
Nypd
POLICE COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 2, 2017
Working for the NYPD was a great opportunity, interesting work but no real work life balance. The commute also changed from 15 minutes to over 2 hours by train and a little over an hour by car plus the cost of tolls and gas.
Pros
great co-workers
Fast paced environment
Police Administrative Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2017
a typical day consist of conducting background checks for detainees that's in police custody, to ensure they do not have any warrants or is a wanted fugitive in other states. ive learned how to have empathy and not to judge people because of their wrong doings. ive learned how the court system functions working with lawyers, district attorneys etc. the hardest part of my job was reading the rap sheets because it consist of the detainees present and past crimes committed. my enjoyable parts of the job was working with others as a team to get the job done.I worked with people of many different nationalities as well.
Pros
great medical benefits, dental plan, eyecare and pension
Cons
n/a
Interesting job
Fingerprint Examiner Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
I work with orders of protection preparing the mail to be put into the system. Making fingerprint appointments and printing people for family justice.
NYPD decent job
Police Cadet (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
As a cadet you get your foot in the door to be apart of the largest law enforcement community in the world. Great place to learn and work, and have good benefits.
Pros
exciting shifts
The job
Community Affairs / Crime Prevention Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 27, 2017
Very stressful
always on high alert
forced to make arrest
forced to right tickets
supervsion did not know the job vety well and wanted to bossed you around
Pros
off on weekends
Cons
pettiness
Exciting Place to to work
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  VariousApril 25, 2017
Great place to work and plenty of opportunities to move upward.
This job allows you to move around and find places to work that equals your talents and or interests.
Detective NYPD
Detective, Intelligence Division, Operations Unit (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2017
NYPD, what else do I need to say, it was my life for 20 years. I became a Detective ans learned valuable skills in investigations, management, personal communications, emergency response, intelligence gathering, threat mitigation and more.
Auxiliary work
Auxiliary Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
The thing I enjoyed most was patrolling and going to details. What I learned was the importance of working as a team but also enjoying what you are doing.
Police Communications Technician
Emergency operator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 19, 2017
Answers telephone calls for assistance coming in via the 911 emergency number : determines nature and priority of emergency: inputs information into computer terminal : revises information already inputted in the computer, transmits information to radio dispatcher, emergency medical services or other response units also refers caller to appropriate city agencies for non emergency assistance; and other related tasks.