NYPD

NYPD Employee Reviews

Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work was slow most of the times and some days it was busy. I learned how to work with the NYPD system by putting accidents and complaints reports in the system, I also learned how to find people and their compliant or report numbers. My co-workers knew what they were doing because they've worked there for many years.
working with the cops
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: The experience
Cons: none
I started working for the nypd as a teenager through a summer youth program It was a great experience great people to work around and learn from
The best job ever
Detective (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: help people
Cons: none
Great job you get to help people and make a difference in there lives and in your personal life as well. also get to meet a great bunch of people while you work.
very good benefits, minimal quality of life
police officer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Its what one would expect out of the largest police department in America. Being on for over a decade my benefits are from the old tier system, newer officers not so much. Pay is excellent and competitive everywhere but in NYC.
Deliver great customer service
Hostess and Busser (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZApril 9, 2015
Pros: discount food
Cons: no breaks
I sat at a stand and sat customers that came in I learned customer service and the management was okay co workers where cool the hardest part was dealing with management and the easy part was the job it self
No day on patrol is a routine day
Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Interesting people
Cons: politics
Everyday on patrol responding to radio runs have been an experience. You must have an open mind and you have to be sharp. People call on us to provide protection and help when things are out of their control. Not the greatest of jobs but one of the most rewarding.
Traffic Officer
New York Traffic Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2015
I directed traffic. I issued summons. I gave directional information to citizens, or if i did not know I asked one of my fellow police officers.
A place for personal growth
School Safety Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: weekends off & summer vacation
Cons: making arrest
Working in this surrounding has made me more confident, alert, and outspoken. It helped me learn how to keep my belongings secure on and off the job. I'm more experienced with handling people personal matters.
Law Enforcment
Police Officer-Sergeant (Former Employee), NYCMarch 24, 2015
Supervise individuals and monitor their activities.Police Officer with [15] years in law enforcement, including assisting citizens, investigating accidents and conducting routine patrols. Exceptional report – more... writing ability, dedicated to saving lives, increasing community safety and decreasing crime rates. Internal investigation supervisor, Motivated to serve and protect the community from crime and dangerous activities. Extensive conflict and crisis prevention training. Quick thinking , skilled in assessing risks and making critical decisions under extreme pressure highly effective at taking leadership direction from superiors, as well as mentoring junior officers. Believes that a willingness to learn and an emphasis on teamwork are essential qualities of successful law enforcement officers. Dedicated Police Officer who practices safe security measures and conflict resolution techniques to handle crisis and emergency situations. Conducted internal investigation within the department – less
Finest Law Enforcement Institution in the country
Operations Coordinator - Lieutenant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
A worthwhile career and a great place to work. The NYPD is truly the finest policing institution in the world. I was proud to serve.
hated it
Probationary Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 8, 2015
The workers belittle people and think all the PPO's are liars. If you are injured and seem weak the officers in the gym will not help you.
Great Job if you're younger
NYPD School Safety Agent (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short meal break and standing for long hours
A typical day consists of patrolling the school grounds, directing students to class, assisting administration and crowd control. Patience is key in this job because you're dealing with children. the hardest part of the job is the long standing hours. Management has been great including the coworkers and the most enjoyable aspect is seeing the children progress.
Law Enforcement minded
Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Law Enforcement minded agency, protecting the city of New York on a daily basis. Everyday being different to test knowledge and skills.
Auxiliary Police Officer
Auxiliary Police Officer (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: law enforcement experience
Cons: no pay
Great program to become involved in, if you are thinking about becoming a police officer. If you are undecided about a policing career, then this is the right program for you. You will work with police officers and actually get to wear a similar uniform and patrol your neighborhood. Great experience.
Police Officer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: the respect is there for the most part, people place our trust in us.
Cons: arresting people for domestic violence, than find my self being kick in the growings by the wife, because the wife is a victim and is unaware of it.
Police work is not for everyone. A person need to wear many hats, at any giving time to get the job done. One must be very persuasive, and very convincing in order to last for a very long time.
Great place to volunteer
Auxiliary Police Officer (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Truly a great place to volunteer and move up the ranks , i wish the department actually recognized auxiliary officers and utilized them
20 years of Service
Detective (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: exposure to crime
Cons: service to community
20 Years of service with the New York City Police Department afforded me the opportunity to acquire various investigative skills. Courses provided insight on many areas of investigative work.
Working together – more... with co-workers was essential for good work product and safety. The hardest part of the job was having to experience various areas of criminal activities and having to arrest persons that have committed those activities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and being of service to the community. – less
Experience beyond belief
Lieutenant (CDS) O.C.I.D (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: greatest position in the department
The NYPD provided me the some of best and worst days of my life. The training and experience afforded me in my twenty-two years have prepared me for the next chapter in my life.
My days were mostly directed – more... at investigation and personnel issues.
As part of management, I was given the chance to understand the perspectives of both the highest and lowest ranking personnel.
The hardest part of the job, like most, can often be the long hours. After time, eight hour days seemed like a half day at work, however, even the longest days seemed to fly by.
I enjoyed every aspect of the NYPD, but mostly the chance to lead teams of people to achieve great outcomes. – less
Exciting Place To Work
Sergeant School Safety Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Excellent Co-Workers and management making it a good place to work. Excellent team work and pride when it comes to helping people in critical situations.
productive and fun place to work
maintenance/ custodian (Current Employee), New yorkFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: n/a
productive and fun workplace and all the staffs are very suportives. Everyone at the workplace are very nice at all times. I really like working there, as a intern I learned a lot from everyone.

About NYPD

There has never been a better time to join the NYPD. The New York City Police Department leads the nation with the most dramatic – Read more

NYPD Salaries