NYPD

NYPD Employee Reviews

Law Enforcement minded
Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Law Enforcement minded agency, protecting the city of New York on a daily basis. Everyday being different to test knowledge and skills.
Auxiliary Police Officer
Auxiliary Police Officer (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: law enforcement experience
Cons: no pay
Great program to become involved in, if you are thinking about becoming a police officer. If you are undecided about a policing career, then this is the right program for you. You will work with police officers and actually get to wear a similar uniform and patrol your neighborhood. Great experience.
Police Officer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: the respect is there for the most part, people place our trust in us.
Cons: arresting people for domestic violence, than find my self being kick in the growings by the wife, because the wife is a victim and is unaware of it.
Police work is not for everyone. A person need to wear many hats, at any giving time to get the job done. One must be very persuasive, and very convincing in order to last for a very long time.
Great place to volunteer
Auxiliary Police Officer (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Truly a great place to volunteer and move up the ranks , i wish the department actually recognized auxiliary officers and utilized them
20 years of Service
Detective (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: exposure to crime
Cons: service to community
20 Years of service with the New York City Police Department afforded me the opportunity to acquire various investigative skills. Courses provided insight on many areas of investigative work.
Working together with co-workers was essential for good work product and safety. The hardest part of the job was having to experience various areas of criminal activities and having to arrest persons that have committed those activities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and being of service to the community.
Experience beyond belief
Lieutenant (CDS) O.C.I.D (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: greatest position in the department
The NYPD provided me the some of best and worst days of my life. The training and experience afforded me in my twenty-two years have prepared me for the next chapter in my life.
My days were mostly directed at investigation and personnel issues.
As part of management, I was given the chance to understand the perspectives of both the highest and lowest ranking personnel.
The hardest part of the job, like most, can often be the long hours. After time, eight hour days seemed like a half day at work, however, even the longest days seemed to fly by.
I enjoyed every aspect of the NYPD, but mostly the chance to lead teams of people to achieve great outcomes.
Exciting Place To Work
Sergeant School Safety Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Excellent Co-Workers and management making it a good place to work. Excellent team work and pride when it comes to helping people in critical situations.
productive and fun place to work
maintenance/ custodian (Current Employee), New yorkFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: n/a
productive and fun workplace and all the staffs are very suportives. Everyone at the workplace are very nice at all times. I really like working there, as a intern I learned a lot from everyone.
A life learning experience.
Police Officer/Investigator, Detective, Sergeant. (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: met and interacted with people from around the world.
Cons: work schedule.
There was no such thing as a routine day. Each day brought new experiences and an opportunity to meet people from all walks of life. Worked in various investigative units throughout the city. Supervised a team of detectives and conducted long term investigations. Worked in an undercover capacity to develop cases and gather intelligence.
Extremely exciting and fast past
Police Communication Technician and Dispatcher (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: health benefits, retirement and advancement
Cons: n/a
Constant communication with either police officer or the public via radio frequency or 911 calls. Learn the ability to multi task in emergencies and help the public when under stress. Management and co-workers were extremely helpful and provided constant assistance. The hardest part of the job is learning that a life was taken. Enjoyed most was knowing I assisted someone when in distress.
Public Relations
NYPD Traffic Enforcement Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: working under your own supervision
Cons: dealng with disgruntle customers
Working with the city to promote productivity. Enforcing parking and moving violations.
Educational and Motivating Environment
PR Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2015
My daily duties included an overall scan of all news media outlets, on anything that was related or mentioned about the institution; scheduling appointments for media personnel; attending several media events; assisting in multiple small projects. During my time at the NYPD, I learned the value of having a positing work environment, where every one worked with each other to make sure the job is done perfectly. I met and was inspired by everyone I met in this office, and I hope one day to be in a work environment similar to theirs.
productive and fun workplace
Auxiliary Police Officer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2015
great place to work with, they are my 2nd family. great people to bea around.
Detective Investigator
Detective, DEA (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Coordinated case management development for analytical searches, surveillance and diverse investigative techniques by drafting reports which result in long and short term administrative
responsibilities.
Productive Environment, Great Advancement
Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: something different every day
Cons: walking a foot post as a rookie.
My typical day at work, Roll Call,learning of any ongoing conditions in the precinct. Either being assigned to foot patrol, or a sector in a patrol car. Patrolling assigned area to ensure public safety, enforce traffic rules, deter crime. Dealing with people of all ethnic backrounds, learning how to handle a multitude of situations ,and staying impartial are all things dealt with on a daily basis. My time with the New York City Police Department, was a great lerning experience.
excellent career
Detective Investigator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: benefits and retirement
Great place to work and retire. Benefits are great along with their retirement. Plenty of opportunities for advancemement and promotions.
Retired Detective
Detective (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
The New York City Police Department offers wonderful training and opportunities for growth. Each experience is challenging and unique.
great work place
Auxiliary Police Officer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no insurance
i love working for the NYPD, even if it's aa volunteer program i love working with the finest in NY
Productive workplace
Senior Police Administrative Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
A typical work day would be getting to work on time. Interacting with the public and employees. Assisting with department mail distribution and miscellaneous administrative duties. Answering incoming calls and routed them to the appropriate city agency. Managed day to day roll call within department unit. Performed clerical and data entry duties. Responsible for filing department records. Generated reports, schedules and various correspondences as requested. Maintained office supplies and ensured office equipment operated efficiently.
Excellent place to work C. P.R.
Enforcement Officer/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: work with the public
Cons: standing too long
Excellent ,exciting and everyday learning experience . I chose to leave because I wanted tto worked with the undeserved.
Industry