NYPD

NYPD Employer Reviews

Patrolling, Safety and making arrests.
Safety Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2014
I was responsible for maintaining the safety of the students and faculty. Making arrests when necessary and completing the necessary paperwork for the Police Department. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that the well being of everyone was insured by me.
Productive fun and interesting
POLICE OFFICER (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2014
.I enjoy going to work everyday its a rewarding job. I meet lots of people and every day is a different experience.
Customer service Oriented
Traffic Enforcement Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2014
the associates and management worked well together. keeps employees up to date with testing.
Fun and challenging work environment
Police Communications Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 2, 2014
Working for the NYPD was challenging and exciting. I enjoyed my time there as a PCT.
I had a rewarding twenty year career with the New York City Police Dept
Patrolmen/Detective (Former Employee), New York CityMarch 30, 2014
Pros: i worked in a variety of units within the nycpd in my 20years.
Cons: none applicable
I started with the NYCPD in 1982 and retired in 2002. I worked in a variety of units within the NYCPD.

I became a investigator in 1988, and was promoted to Detective in 1990. I was a Detective from 1990-2002.
HECTIC fast paced job
Police Communications Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 23, 2014
Great job for those looking to make money while helping others. This is a very stressful job because you will be dealing with the people of NYC but it's rewarding knowing that you were the person behind a emergency phone that sent help.
the nypd is a serious
Police Dispatcher (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 22, 2014
Pros: getting help to where its needed
Cons: more breaks and gym equipment is needed to relief stress for the workers
the nypd is a serious workplace ,and very stressful at times,i get along with my co-workers even though they can be challenged at times,but over ll i respect my job to the most,i enjoyed helping others ......
New York State Penal law
Parking Control Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: dealing the weather
Make inspections of traffic condition's to regulate and control parking.
Remove foreign objects from parking meter.
Prepare and issue summonses for violations: records data regarding meter location, conditions and activities.
Operate motor vehicle.
Deputation as Special Patrolman by the New York City Police Department defines in the New York State Penal – more... Law. – less
Law Enforcement Agency
Detective, Criminal Justice Bureau (Former Employee), New York CityMarch 20, 2014
Detective Investigator, Investigating complex confidential investigations, using a vast knowledge of theory and technology to bring closure to a case.
Difficult place to work
Tour Commander/Administrative-Lieutenant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 18, 2014
Requires personal sacrifice required. Can be rewarding place to work
great place to work
Evidence and Property Control Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 8, 2014
a typical day at work your co-workers, are hard workers they all loved working there.. and myself also.
Great place to work.
DB2 UDB DBA (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Great place to work. Has a good Work/Life balance.Great place to work. Has a good Work/Life balance.Great place to work. Has a good Work/Life balance.Great place to work. Has a good Work/Life balance.Great place to work. Has a good Work/Life balance.Great place to work. Has a good Work/Life balance.Great place to work. Has a good Work/Life balance.Great – more... place to work. Has a good Work/Life balance.Great place to work. Has a good Work/Life balance.Great place to work. Has a good Work/Life balance. – less
Excellent working enviornment
Police Officer and Police Sergeant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Best job in the world.Exciting and never a dull moment.Loved it every minute.
Great benefits and excellent health coverage.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: sometimes lots of overtime.
A typical day at work entailed data entry of uniformed employees timesheets, I received all timesheets, requests for days off once approved, and inputted this information into the system. Excellent management staff and co-workers everyone got along. Most enjoyable part of this job was resolving problems with a members timesheet.
The NYPD has been a great experience
Emergency Service Unit (ESU) Commander (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: the many opportunities for its employees
Cons: buraucracy
The NYPD has been a great opportunity. It has opened many doors for me and has help me to achieve my career goals.
I was an Intern
Intern (Former Employee), Astoria, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Learned from detectives true dedication to a job. As an intern I would attend to the detectives request. I found it to be an opportunity to apply and see what I learned as an International Criminal Justice Student in the community. I loved the passion the detectives they brought to work in order to follow up and solve crimes.
Responding to different calls in the community.
Police officer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: never knowing when your shift is actually done.
My job at the deparment varies daily with different scenarios and jobs. Everyday I met a group of different people from differnet cultures and learned something new eveyday about the community
I acquired the skill sets of managing difficult individuals.
Police Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2014
I have previously serviced New York City residents as a Police Attendant, incarcerating/processing individuals with in the Judicial System which developed my understanding Criminal Sociology and the Penal Systems Law Enforcement services. I acquired the skill sets of managing difficult individuals by developing my knowledge base in the study of deviant – more... behaviors’. – less
An experience
SCG (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: learning about people everyday
Cons: unable to make life for everyone fair
To make sure everyone is safe and secure, Hard part is when i knew justice wasn't fair
Great job
Detective Investigator, Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2014
To work for the greatest department in the greatest city. Once a you become a police officer in NYC you become part of 50,000 family

About NYPD

There has never been a better time to join the NYPD. The New York City Police Department leads the nation with the most dramatic – Read more