NYPD Employee Reviews

Not for me
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
Pay sucks! made life long friends but NYC is horrible. No respect for law enforcement. Try your best to get on to any of the surrounding departments. good luck!
great place
Auxiliary Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 15, 2017
its an honor to serve my community through NYPD, great people and great department. anyone can enjoy this privilege by joining the NYPD Auxiliary or NYPD itself.
Very professional atmosphere and great place to work.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 11, 2017
I was able to learn how to deal with people in the good times but also in their worst of times. Was able to move into different fields within the department witch allowed me to improve my work skills.
Pros
Great salary and benefits.
Very influential part of my life towards being a better role model for my son.
Reserve Police Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
One of the best hands on experience in my life. To be part of an organization that influences many lives and protects the city is an honor. Would recommend it to anyone interested in law enforcement.
Pros
Courtesy from fellow officers, uniform vouchers, respect from the community
Cons
It's voluntary yet mandatory.
Operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2017
This job is great if you can deal with it Mentally, you must be focus at all times. Must be prepared and alert to work at 911. The Staff was great and the training staff was excellent.
Pros
Nypd
Cons
Non
see below
Second Grade Detective (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10016April 2, 2017
Resourceful law enforcement professional with specialization in responding to emergency disasters, identify decedents through reconstruction of fingerprints
school crossing guard
School Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  north condiut blvdApril 2, 2017
this is a wonderful job if you have children in school, because you are able to get the days off that your kids have off. if you love bering outside and like interacting with people, this is the job for you.
Pros
health benefits are good
Cons
the weather- you are working in all types of weather. ex.snow, rain etc....
Productive workplace
Chief of Patrol Office (Current Employee) –  College Point, NYApril 2, 2017
It is a great work environment. The Chief of Patrol Office gives me an overall view of the Police Department and the organization that happen daily behind the scene. I have the great opportunity to learn about the introductory manners and thinking in law enforcement.
great place
School Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2017
when you are honest and realable you can work here for 30 years without problem ilike the way when you are new ,your coworker treated you if a friendly place
Retiring in the immediate future
Lieutenant, Platoon Commander, 104 Precinct (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2017
Learned skills related to management. Supervisory duties at emergency scenes. Engaged in report preparation in regards to serious emergencies and injuries.
Hectic and Fast Paced
Police Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 27, 2017
A typical Day at work is high volume of emergency phone calls from the public and making proper notifications. Hardest part is working 16 hours 3 to 4 days back to back.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
location cleanliness
Good place for Growth
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2017
The police officers were very nice and helpful. You get free food and sometimes they even give you free clothes. There is a lot of people so you have to work in a fast paced environment as well as have good customer service.
Business
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 22, 2017
It was a job that had many benefits but also had many cons. The hours were rough but I got used to it. Things often changed on a daily basis which means you can never get comfortable.
Productive and fast pace working environment
Police Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
911 dispatcher received and processed emergency calls on a computer-aided dispatch system receiving emergency calls from the public requesting help from the public.
Pros
free metrocards
Cons
short breaks
Productive work place
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2017
Great job, enjoyed working there, you meet good people working there, Great health and benefits....pay is also good. Overtime is always available if and when needed. Have to always go into work with an open mind.
Good Management
Detective Investigator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2017
Management was supportive of the needs of the unit. Allowed investigators to do their job as well as provide input to executive staff. Communicated with all levels of the department.
Stressful yet very beneficial
Police Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
My typical day at work consists of answering 200 emergency calls per shift, communication with fire department, ems and police department, handling all types of different situations under a high volume of stress. I learned how to remain calm under pressure and be professional. The hardest part of the job was sending emergency help in a timely manner and obtaining the appropriate information from customers.
Cpr
Police Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
What you put in is what you get out of it. I was fortunate to work with one of the best commanders and departments and learned a great deal. I was stationed at headquarters and was able to take in the culture and be able to give back to the community.
Pros
Great benefits and co workers
Cons
Long probationary period but worth it
my job
Detective (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10038March 2, 2017
With over 23 years of law enforcement experience, I provide my extensive background in executive protection, supervisory team leadership, target hardening, vulnerability assessment, threat analysis, threat assessment and crisis management. All types of criminal investigations both state and federal. The virtues that I bring to my employer are the necessity and understanding for privacy that may be needed.
One of the best place to work
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
Everyone are so respectful. A fun place to work at. The management are so easy to work with. The cafeteria just renovated. So many to choose from. They even serve Star Bucks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYPD. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2