NYPD

NYPD Employee Reviews

Great people, hard work, but rewarding
Police Administrative Aide (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great productive job
Cons: no real room for advancement as a civilian member
This job has given me value experience in team work. The management is very fair and are there to assist you in any way possible. The job is very detailed oriented, but the best part of the job for me is helping people.
A great law enforcement organization in a wonderful city
115th Detective Squad (Former Employee), Jackson Heights, New YorkOctober 27, 2014
A Detective Squad Commander with a passion for investigating difficult cases and working with dedicated people.
Productive and busy work enviroment.
Police Communication Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 26, 2014
A typical day as an NYPD Communications Tech- was absolutely busy. Everyday was different, exciting, challenging yet rewarding.

While the duty of the position may seem overwhelming, it is comforting knowing you were able to provide assistance to those in your city.
staying active and keeping criminals off the streets
Detective Investigator (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2014
Pros: pay and career advancement after 5 years becomes excellent. excellent health benefits
Cons: news media, nepotisim, everchanging policies, different hours everyday
I feel the nypd speaks volumes all by its self, 30,000 employees of all ranks, with various opportunities and an excellent training program that is tops in the world. policing such a diverse city is an entertaining challenge and gaining the respect of your peers is even a bigger challenge.
Great opportunity to advance and change work assignments.
Detective (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: a good environment to help people.
Cons: sometimes you work long hours, on your feet in all types of weather.
This is a great agency to be a part of, there is a strong sense of accomplishment in this type of work, especially when you can save a life. You have to lead by example, be disciplined and enjoy public service. Overall, there is a great opportunity for career advancement, and the friends and people that you meet and the bonds that are formed will last a life time.
Maintenance/ Internship (Current Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 15, 2014
This is currently an intership program. I enjoy working with the police department
easy
Traffic Agent (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 14, 2014
the hardest part is getting to work, thats how easy the job is. co workers make it a fun environment. you do have to deal with the public n most of the time they hate you because you issue summons to them but some of them understand we are just doing our job. all in all, the job isnt hard and helps me provide for my family.
Strict and Great environment with kids
School Safety Officer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: greta job to learn from
It starts with morning entry greeting the children and their parents making sure kids get in school safely. I learned how to deal with parents that were irate because of something that happened with either their child and the teacher or another student.You work with different people and different attitudes. The hardest part is when a child has a fight and they commited a crime inside the school. I like the uniform and also dealing with the children to have them understand why school is important
Actively envolved with NYPD NOC operations and Netorking equipment
Computer Specialist - Network Operations Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 12, 2014
Configure, install, monitor and maintain Cisco routers and switches along with any firewall changes required. Answer, evaluate and troubleshoot daily outages and problems experienced at the NYPD commands and sites responsible for keeping NYC and Boroughs Operational.
fun place to work
Police Officer (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: limited time off
Cons: great retirement
serving the public,meet good friends learn new things
over all an idea career to lean towards
City Job
Traffic Enforcement Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2014
A lot of walking. Have to have a thick skin to deal with this job. Issuing summonses every day no matter the weather and regardless if there maybe be an altercation.
NYPD
Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2014
Good stable job with a good group of people. Room for advancement
Awesome experience
NYPD cadet, 73 Detective sqd (Former Employee), Brooklyn NYOctober 1, 2014
Assisted in all aspects of the investigations. Great place and great benefits.
NYPD is an overall great experience, but I need more opportunities for growth.
Senior Police Administrative Aide (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: compensation/benefits/job security
Cons: less promotions/career advancement
A typical day at work is problem solving and addressing the needs the employees and upper management. I learned to pace myself and multitask. I respect the management, and I want to always be considerate and a team player to my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines, but it is also rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing vision of how my assignments makes a difference in the office. I want to make sure that my job contribution really counts and every day matters.
Rewarding and satisfaction fulfilled twenty year career
Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2014
Everyday was different over my twenty year career as a NYC Police Officer. I never had the same day twice, typical days did not exist. I learned how to adapt and how to handle extreme situations with certainty and confidence. As a Police Officer in NYC I worked in many different work environments, sometimes extremely hostile environments which called for very intense concentration and extreme sensitivity. I found supervisors within the department to be fair ,understanding and very willing to help in a difficult situation. I always considered my co-workers to be my family. Without each other we could never perform our jobs with the skill that was needed.The hardest part of my job was not being able to help everyone all the time.The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help a lot of people most of the time.
Fast Paced work environment that requires attention to detail.
Police Emergency 911 Operator (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
A typical work day involves handling over 300 telephone calls from the public and from Police Officers responding to emergency situations in the field.
Appropriate action has to be taken to ensure that all calls are processed in accordance with department regulations and that emergency responders are notified and dispatched promptly.
Detailed records have to be made of each call incident.
Very easy
School Crossing guard (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 23, 2014
The Crossing Guard Job is very easy and very good pay
I really recommend for young people
Outstanding career
Police Officer, Special Assignment (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: pension, security
Cons: weekends/holidays/shifts
Pension, pension, pension. Job security and prestige. Vacation time off. Benefits for life.
New York's Finest
Auxiliary Police Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: shifts!
great place to start a career if you are looking for a career in law enforcement
enjoyed my time
Police Officer/Detective (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2014
Pros: good salary, good benefits
I enjoyed my time in the NYPD. The job was very rewarding. I obtained valuable life lessons by having to deal with the many situations that came my way.

About NYPD

There has never been a better time to join the NYPD. The New York City Police Department leads the nation with the most dramatic – Read more

NYPD Salaries