NYPD

NYPD Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Police Administrative Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2015
On a typical day at work, my main task consist of making sure various confidential reports are entered into an on-line database system.
Pros
Twenty minutes breaks
Cons
N/A
Loved the job ,no compaints.
Maitenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 3, 2015
While working at the 83rd precinct I was taught valuable skills that I am now able to use in my everyday life. My coworkers were the best a coworkers that any new employee could ask for , they made it easy for me to fit in and fell like a part of the team , overall it was a great experience for me.
repair and maintain telecommunication equipment
Detective (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
cleaning, restocking supplies when needed , getting new jobs ,meeting with vendors to help them and set them up so they may complete there task , how to deal with different personality from day today and working with them to get the job done what ever it entails
on the management being around the longest and having the most knowledge of the building i am called upon for my expertise and if i do not have the answer i know where to get it , me and my co workers work closely together on many projects,and share ideas on the best way to complete the job at hand. I cant says any part of my job is difficult. i enjoy making people happy by repairing there problem what ever it is weather it a phone problem , cable tv , computer ,what ever i just glad to know i helped so their happy my boss is happy im happy
Pros
pay is good benefits are good, travel is good to and from
Cons
can not really think of any
New dadly challenges, respect from the top to the bottom, going home safe each day.
NYPD/SSD (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 1, 2015
Every day different, you get what you give, there was know problem with management. We respect and supported each other. Keeping the supervisor and mother separate. Just being there for the Students, Staff, Parents and My Agents.
Pros
The 21 Chancellors Holidays
Cons
Low pay
The greatest job you will ever have.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
This work is for those who want to serve and protect. Though it is dangerous the rewards and life experience is unattainable anywhere in the world. Stay in the books move up in rank and you will do fine.
Pros
Retirement benefits
Cons
Moral, making life changing decisions in a split second.
career
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  new york cityMay 26, 2015
police officer city of new york...Daily interaction with public in all forms ....tourists asking questions to emergency situations ....to helping people in distress and or arrests
Pros
nypd
Cons
nypd
Police Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  brooklyn,nyMay 19, 2015
Although it is a highly stressful job but at the end of the day knowing I was the apart of the process of helping save someone's life gives me great satisfaction. Whether it be dispatching or call taking listening attentively is very vital, missing a little piece of information can literally be someone's life or death and not getting the necessary help a caller need and that pressure can be overwhelming. I have learned a lot in this job and the skills I have attained will help me with further work opportunities.
Family orientated organization with Excellent training and growth
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2015
I loved working here. I'd stayed had I had adequate child care for my rotation shift. Working within an organization that provided room for growth based on your work production and skills was a great opportunity. The NYPD, was outstanding in their efforts to provide a stable and ethical environment for their employees. would recommend this organization to anyone.
Pros
Excellent salary and growth opportunity
Cons
hours and overtime was extreme.
Great place to work; good people
Deputy Inspector (Current Employee) –  .May 14, 2015
Awesome benefits; great people; you learn a lot.
Ample vacation time, unlimited sick.
Tell us about:
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally identifiable
Outstanding police department.
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2015
The NYPD is rich in history and is unbelievably successful in policing the largest city in the United States. The training is second to none and the chances for advancement are numerous.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work was slow most of the times and some days it was busy. I learned how to work with the NYPD system by putting accidents and complaints reports in the system, I also learned how to find people and their compliant or report numbers. My co-workers knew what they were doing because they've worked there for many years.
working with the cops
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2015
I started working for the nypd as a teenager through a summer youth program It was a great experience great people to work around and learn from
Pros
The experience
The best job ever
Detective (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Great job you get to help people and make a difference in there lives and in your personal life as well. also get to meet a great bunch of people while you work.
Pros
help people
Cons
very good benefits, minimal quality of life
police officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Its what one would expect out of the largest police department in America. Being on for over a decade my benefits are from the old tier system, newer officers not so much. Pay is excellent and competitive everywhere but in NYC.
Deliver great customer service
Hostess and Busser (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 9, 2015
I sat at a stand and sat customers that came in I learned customer service and the management was okay co workers where cool the hardest part was dealing with management and the easy part was the job it self
Pros
discount food
Cons
no breaks
No day on patrol is a routine day
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Everyday on patrol responding to radio runs have been an experience. You must have an open mind and you have to be sharp. People call on us to provide protection and help when things are out of their control. Not the greatest of jobs but one of the most rewarding.
Pros
Interesting people
Cons
politics
Traffic Officer
New York Traffic Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2015
I directed traffic. I issued summons. I gave directional information to citizens, or if i did not know I asked one of my fellow police officers.
A place for personal growth
School Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
Working in this surrounding has made me more confident, alert, and outspoken. It helped me learn how to keep my belongings secure on and off the job. I'm more experienced with handling people personal matters.
Pros
weekends off & summer vacation
Cons
making arrest
Law Enforcment
Police Officer-Sergeant (Former Employee) –  NYCMarch 24, 2015
Supervise individuals and monitor their activities.Police Officer with [15] years in law enforcement, including assisting citizens, investigating accidents and conducting routine patrols. Exceptional report writing ability, dedicated to saving lives, increasing community safety and decreasing crime rates. Internal investigation supervisor, Motivated to serve and protect the community from crime and dangerous activities. Extensive conflict and crisis prevention training. Quick thinking , skilled in assessing risks and making critical decisions under extreme pressure highly effective at taking leadership direction from superiors, as well as mentoring junior officers. Believes that a willingness to learn and an emphasis on teamwork are essential qualities of successful law enforcement officers. Dedicated Police Officer who practices safe security measures and conflict resolution techniques to handle crisis and emergency situations. Conducted internal investigation within the department
Finest Law Enforcement Institution in the country
Operations Coordinator - Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
A worthwhile career and a great place to work. The NYPD is truly the finest policing institution in the world. I was proud to serve.

4.4