NYPD

NYPD United States Employee Reviews

Great Job
Police Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2014
Enjoyed my time with the NYPD. Retired after 20 years and im looking for a new job.
Could be better
School Safety Officer/Fulltime (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay
Pay needs to match those of employees in other counties nearby. Very dangerous and to many politics.
A good job with pros and cons
Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
Twenty years goes by fast....miss it on occasion....provided me with many memories which I cherish.
stable and rewarding work place
Traffic Enforcement Agent Level I (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, overtime, pension
Cons: hard to advance, never listen to
directing traffic making sure wjlie doing so pedestrian and vehicles are safe.
learned how to be assertive.
management needs more courtesey training.
made some good friends in this work place.
the hardest part of the job is the management
having a job.
school Safety/ nypd
School Safety (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: juviniles
Cons: making the proper calls for arrest proceedure
I Have came to this Job with Only me, not knowing what the outcome would be , I learn that with this job you learn to manage and be a team player knowing details and what my title enclines.
Unappreciated for hard working employees who give to the city
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2014
As any job that deals with the public there are good and bad moments. Although there is extreme stress most of the time this job is exciting, especially when the end results come to saving lives and getting the bad guys.
Very challenging work environment with quite rewards of having a direct imprint on the general safety and security of the general public and locations
New York City Police Detective (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 2, 2014
Pros: direct imprint on society as a whole.
Cons: personal safety was always a concern as it relates to one's personal family life.
There were no typical days at work. Each day presented all new challenges. The learning curve is fast paced, varied and dynamic. The combination of City, State and Federal experience has given me unique inter-personal skills, the ability to manage others, a specialized knowledge of security and law, plus achievements in areas of patrol procedures, undercover and surveillance operations, criminal investigations and the management of HIDTA operations systems. The most challenging part of the job was gaining the ability to not personalize any situation. The most enjoyable part of the job was concluding with the knowledge that despite the outcome, your efforts has made society and the general public's overall environment better.
Professional work environment
School Safety Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Provided appropriate training to manage job requirements.
A profession made only for people who thrive adrenaline
Police Officer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: fight for what is right
Cons: alot of people dislike you because of the job description
There is always something different going on. No two days were alike. I had extensive and the best training in tactics and how to communicate with people. The hardest part of the job is when children are involved. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people solve their dilemmas.
Enjoyed the comradely and the excitement.
Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: very rewarding and exciting.
Cons: i was laid off.
Each day was different you never knew what was going to happen. The supervisors that were on patrol with you were supportive in any way possible, The hardest thing was that I was laid off due to budget cuts.
What a great experience!
Detective Investigator/Crime Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 5, 2014
Enjoyed most of the twenty years with ease of mind. Was able to advance to Detective during a very generous work ethic. Would do things differently if I had the chance to do it over again.
Greatest job ever
Detective Investigator Command - SID (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 5, 2014
Pros: everything
This was my life time dream & job, but I had to take an early retirement due to my mother being diagnosis with cancer for the first time.
Employment at the NYPD
Custodian-ground keeper (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Pros: seniority within the department
Cons: lack of manpower, city is not hiring
I have been employed with the NYPD for the past 12 years. I am responsible for maintaining and waxing floors.
The greatest Police Department in the country
Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2014
Working along side true Professionals of Law enforcement has allowed me to become a complete and deticated Police Officer.
place to learn both management and trial skills
Deputy Commissioner, Department Advocate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2014
I worked at the KCDA for almost 15 years. I was able to move up the ladder from an assistant district attorney assigned to criminal court to a bureau chief where I supervised 40 people. I also tried over 70 cases many high profile and with complex scientific or medical evidence.
review Summary
Auxiliary Police Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2014
Pros: great job
Your Review. It is a really great volunteer job. A lot of hands on work
Serious workplace
Custodial worker (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 21, 2014
Pros: breaks, experience
Cons: lack of pay
While being excepted through summer youth explorers program (SYEP) to work at 113th pct I had the privileged to known what goes on behind the law enforcement system. I also observed that while it was a very friendly environment it was also a serious in the sense that all officers never took their work lightly.
Excellent experience
auxiliary police officer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, New YorkJune 11, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: volunteer position - did not get paid
I loved to work there. I learned a lot about policing experience (street patrol).
Road Patrol
officer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2014
Big City, a lots of issues. Must see, but be careful and stay out of area's that are not safe.
The Job was a great job if you cared for people
Homicide Detective Second Grade 2006-2010 (Former Employee), NYMay 21, 2014
A typical day at work for me was totally different from that of others. Sometimes I would come in and there wouldn't be anything going on or I would be called in the middle of the night for a triple homicide. The detectives that you worked with were top of the line, we usually got a lot done. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes no matter how hard you worked a case, that case would go cold pending further leads. The most enjoyable part of job was giving families some sort of closure so that they could start the process of healing. One other enjoyable part was going home to your family.

About NYPD

There has never been a better time to join the NYPD. The New York City Police Department leads the nation with the most dramatic – Read more

NYPD Salaries