NYRA Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace
Parking/Security (Former Employee) –  Elmont, NYMay 27, 2016
A typical day at NYRA would consist of directing traffic within the parking lots, and patrolling areas ensuring safety towards others. Working closely with my co-workers making sure that the common overall goal of that day was achieved. Management was efficient and productive, giving workers great confidence to carryout their specific jobs to the best of their ability.
Great company to work for
Jockey Escort/Bodyguard (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 6, 2015
NYRA is a great company to work for because the benefits and events it has for its employees, and it has great benefits for its employees. My favorite job I ever had. The only negative thing is the part I had to stand outside all day in the heat.
Pros
Chance to meet great people
Cons
Standing out in the heat all day
Part Time Mutual Clerk
Mutual Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 3, 2015
Fast paced tormentor, with non stop customer service. Typical day consist of taking customers bets and handing large amounts of money, Poor management, hard to get a hold of a supervisor in case of a problem. Great hours, six days a week 11 am-6 pm.
extra mutuel clerks are misused and underpaid
parimutel clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2015
alot of expertise is needed, the ridiculous thing is called shape up when you report to keep seniority on list, whether u are needed or not, this is due to the nys labor dept allowing this,you come on your own time and money alot of times there was never any chance u are needed, especially in the saratoga season.or off days not busy.it is downright degrading to treat people who perform on the busy days the vps just want to see you miss money and fire you, no apprec is given for doing a great job, the pay stinks for the responsibility you have,it is all geared to the belmont stakes.if you can pay your own way you have work at saratoga, the manager gives a great letter after the belmont stakes comending everyone.non union clerk is not valuable although the risk is great, a customer will make you miss money, by not wanting bet and cant cancel it,no one makes you do this but some people cant get anything and it keeps you meeting people,a perk would be the free admission everyday and sometimes tips,i am a great clerk just wanted to comment, i saw another review maybe company will see it and realize/
Pros
a paycheck staying active
Cons
low pay alot of risk with money
a complete waste of time
Mutuel Teller (Former Employee) –  Elmont, NYFebruary 24, 2015
the experience was humiliating. your promised a weekend and holiday schedule but being an "extra:, your lucky if you work at all. staff and fellow employees are unprofessional (downright ghetto). no stability and just a careless treatmet, no incentives and holiday bonus taen away.
Pros
you get to go to other tracks with gaming license you require, the only way to make any real money
Cons
the overall treatment and atmosphere
2014 NYRA - 5 month Job Experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 26, 2014
Working for NYRA at the Saratoga Racetrack was quite enjoyable and interesting. This was the 1st time I worked around thoroughbred horses and I met a diverse group of horse working people. However, since the track closes on November 15th, (every year) I am looking for another job. Since I started working there on July 22, 2014 it was a very brief but enjoyable experience.
Pros
meeting a great variety of interesting people.
Cons
very early working hours for my shift.
Great, fun summer job
Mutual Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 24, 2014
Working at the Saratoga Race Track was a fun summer job despite the stress of having lines of customers that seemed to never end. The day always went by fast and never seemed as long as it was. Occasionally there were customers that were very impatient or rude but it's important not to let that affect your day. I had no serious problems with any of my co-workers or supervisors and everyone was very friendly and got along great. I enjoyed how it was fast paced all day long the most because that's what keeps the day interesting and makes time seem to fly by. If able I'd enjoy working here again, but unfortunately it's only for 6 weeks during the summer.
Pros
employee discount on food
Cons
track is only open for 6 weeks a year
Provided excellent customer service during the horse racing season.
Usher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2014
details of daily track schedules, cleaning and making seating arrangements for customers attending the racetrack. i have learned about the business of the race track and how much income is earned. The managers of this company where very helpful and kept all the worker on task during the season. My co-workers and I worked together to complete task quickly. The hardest part of the job was seating people that did not speak english well. The most enjoyable part of working at the racetrack was watching the beautiful horses race.
Pros
many lunch options like restaurants and burger shack.
Cons
standing in one spot for many hours.
Good Customer Service skills a must
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 19, 2013
The position is hard on your body cause you are walking, and on your feet for 8 hours per day. The management requires you work 2 7 day work weeks per month.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
alcohol related issues with customers/guest ; underage drinking
Security guard duties
Security Guard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 18, 2013
I liked thi job . I took all notes of all security details and I was put on Center plate money escort . this job required me to pay attention to all details of my surroundings for the protection of the employee,s that were collecting money from all business,s within the race course . Then I escorted them to the vault for the money to be counted then put onto a armored car .
Pros
good exercise
Cons
had to put up with drunk people that did stupid stuff
Cleaning and stocking
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 10, 2012
Worked multiple jobs over the summer. Mainly cleaning and warehousing, very busy environment. A good summer job to make a little extra cash.
Pros
time goes by fast.
Cons
seasonal
Productive workplace
Parking attendant (Former Employee) –  Elmont, NYAugust 1, 2012
We arrived in the morning and we were given directions to make sure all automobiles were parked in rows with enough space to leave. During the day there was minimal interference by the supervisor and every thing ran smooth.
Cons
temporary postion
Security
security/peace officer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYJune 15, 2012
dormitory supervisor -responsible for placing workers in rooms translated for saratoga p.d
resolve problems
write reports for incidents

fire-control room-check valve house temperatures computer work-making lists for all employees/employers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYRA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2