NYRA Employee Review

Security guard duties
Security Guard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 18, 2013
I liked thi job . I took all notes of all security details and I was put on Center plate money escort . this job required me to pay attention to all details of my surroundings for the protection of the employee,s that were collecting money from all business,s within the race course . Then I escorted them to the vault for the money to be counted then put onto a armored car .
Pros
good exercise
Cons
had to put up with drunk people that did stupid stuff

Other NYRA Employee Reviews

fun workplace with fun people
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Galway, NYSeptember 14, 2017
typically everyday is the same thing with different people, just putting up the ropes to keep the horses and people safe. I learned a lot about the races everyday. The management was pretty laid back. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who do not want cooperate. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and talking to them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Weather
Productive and Fun Workplace
Box Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 30, 2017
Workplace was full of fun energy with helpful people who worked very hard and will push you to go above and beyond to meet a customers needs. Hours were flexible and managers were happy to work to meet employee needs.