NYSE Euronext

NYSE Euronext Employer Reviews

Undergoing changes
Support Staff (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
Was a wonderful company to work for but new administration changing the culture and not necessarily for the better.
Fun but serious workplace with one of the most famous brand
Intern in the Global Marketing and Branding (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 7, 2014
The importance of brand equity and customer engagement are the major marketing concepts I learned during my internship. My supervisors were all experienced marketing professionals who were also very friendly.
Great History and Professional Environment
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2014
I have always been proud of working at the New York Stock Exchange. From it's rich history of the Trading Floor to meeting dignitaries from far away countries, to rubbing elbows with professional sports members, movies stars and trending tech companies, you just never knew where your day would go. The CEO kept an open communication with the company – more... across the board, made us all feel like we all were a part of what made the New York Stock Exchange what it is today. However, with it's recent acquisition, the moral has dropped, and everyone is in jeopardy of losing the jobs. The role of an Executive Assistant is slowly being dissolved. – less
Good "Place to work
Computer Operator, Service Operations (Former Employee), New YorkDecember 29, 2013
I learned a lot over the years working at the NYSE if I did not get laid off I would still be there. if I had to do it all again I would.
NYSE Euronext
Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 27, 2013
NYSE Euronext has been a great company to work for. Management is very supportive and value the opinions and ideas brought up from all levels within the company. They push for the best work out of employees but still maintain a strong work/life balance.
Awesome
End User Computing - Intern (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 1, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: ran out of things to do quick
great compensation and awesome work environment. allowed room to advance in the company.
Going on 10 years of downsizing
Vice President (Former Employee), New York NYJune 24, 2013
Very unhealthy working environment. Currently subject to ICE takeover.
great place to work
Implementation Lead- Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2013
Pros: good people good management
Cons: need more workers
great place to work but they need to update there technology
Great Place
Computer Operator, Service Operations (Former Employee), New York, New YorkFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: no job security
A great place to work, friendly work environement. No job security the NYSE is a forever changing company
Musical chairs
Mgmt (Former Employee), NYCNovember 25, 2012
This was once a great place to work. Due to dwindling market share they have been constantly laying people off (particularly in Technology) since 2005. I wish them the best but they have along tough road to travel down.
Great Place unless you want rewarded for performance
Compliance Investigator (Former Employee), ChicagoNovember 8, 2012
Pros: better pay if you got in before the purge
Cons: advancement by who you know/brown nose than what you know
Management is a joke. The only way to advance is brown nose your way up the ladder. How else can you explain promoting someone that tried to investigate weekend trading activity (note - nobody trades on weekends)? Also, when you ask management what are the standards for promotion they said "you don't need to know that" (actual event!!!). NEVER correct – more... a manager when they are wrong even if they are 150% wrong on the subject unless you want to be branded as having a bad attidude (a worker corrected the boss when he tried to give wrong advice to other workers). Now, they hire new people, pay them very little, and then work them into the ground until they leave...and hire a newer, lower paid person. If given the chance to work in the Chicago office (merged with FINRA) RUN AWAY!!!!! – less
Innovative and forward thinking
Analyst / Account Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere, history and tradition, focus on innovation and collabortation
Cons: limited career advancement
A typical day at work involves following the broader market as well as assigned individual stocks for analysis of trading and market quality, communicating with C-Suite of issuers for various items, and performing ad hoc requests for upper management. The company is focused on innovation and creating collaborative business relationships with its clients. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is working with executive management from a diverse group of public companies spanning various sectors. Unfortunately, there is little room for advancement within the organization. – less
Isolated, stressful working environment
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2012
Most of the people are consultants. Very few employees. Very low pay. Pays only for 8 hours but you need to work at least 10 hours. Micro management. Too much work load.
"Ok" place to work at. Nothing special like they make it out to be.
Senior IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, vacation time and benefits
Cons: not enough work day to day
Not enough work each and every day. Somedays really busy and other days nothing. I learned a lot aboout Linux which is a big plus. My manager was excellent however the people above him not so great. My co-workers were great, friendly and very helpful. There really was no "hard" part of the job. I most enjoyed the job when I was continually busy.
Fantastic experience
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 23, 2012
Great place to learn at one of the most recognized companies in the world.
Large office, productive environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2012
Enjoyable company to work for, everyone is very focused and productive.
Excellent place to learn and enhance knowledge.
Sr. Technical Analyst (Current Employee), BelfastJune 26, 2013
Support and maintain MTFRA trading environment start to stop. Automating routine work,writing scripts to make the work more streamlined is the best part of the work, especially along with a brilliant team with great ideas.