NYSE Euronext Employee Reviews

Amazing Rush of Success
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
Great place to grow and learn how to make the big bucks. its a great place to work but balancing home life will be challenging. Must be focus and willing to go the extra mile.
Pros
Salary
Cons
lots of hours
Very effective management of the core business.
Managing Director Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
NYSE is one the prestigious financial organization and it was structured with sound management practices. Very effective management of the core business. The organization has adapted to the new era of electronic trading and after mergers with other exchanges is evolving itself to continue to lead in the future.
Demanding work environment that brought out the best in yourself.
Director of Trading Regulations and Surveillance (Former Employee) –  New yorkApril 18, 2017
Started at the bottom as a runner on the NYSE Floor and worked my way up in various positions and departments to become a Director of Regulation to maintain the integrity of the largest stock market in the world at the time I worked there. Learned more there about the inside workings of Wall Street then school would have at the time.
Employees work well together (like family). Fun place to work with restaurant and full bar in building.
Executive Assistant, Executive Offices (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Best job ever. Employees very friendly (like family). No stress even though we were busy. Everyone would pitch in to help each other out to make deadlines. Safe and secure place to work. Volunteer work as a group.
Pros
Great salary. Cafe, restaurant, bar on premises. Volunteer work available.
Cons
Company bought out.
Left company after ICE transaction.
Vice President - Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
Not fair for me to provide a review of existing company as management as changed hands. NYSE Euronext was a great company to work for with many challenges but always seeking an efficient and effective work environment.
Fun place to work.
Lead PeopleSoft Administrator/Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
I had the opportunity to work on many different systems. There was a participated style management. My co-workers were good team players. Challenging myself everyday was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good 401k match
Cons
health care
On-going projects keep the job challenging and rewarding
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2016
I accomplished my tasks with urgency and accuracy in a timely fashion. They were always recognized and rewarded. A typical day at work varies since accounting is on a cycle. Journal entries were prepared and uploaded to database by 5th business day. Adjustments and accruals made after P&L meeting. Account analyses and reconciliations performed. research any discrepancies.
Fixed asset additions, retirements and roll forward.
Pros
flexible hours. telecommute
Cons
long hours.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
Great place to work, very fast pace and competitive environment.
The tradition still very well in place regardless of the new technology been use.
big company too many things going at once
Account Manager, NYSE Euronext Technologies (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
you are just a number. there is an in crowd and an out crowd, if you are not in then you will not rise if they like you then you move quickly.
High paced, stressful environment but very enjoyable and productive,
Desktop Operations Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkMarch 5, 2015
The NYX was a high paced and difficult environment to work within but the super talented people who I was fortunate enough to work with and the team that worked for me made the job and overall experience a 10.
Good company
Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Great company to work for.
You are constantly working with brilliant employees.
Some departments allow telecommuting.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
Re-structuring
demanding but rewarding high pressure environment
Managing Director Global IT Business Mgmt (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2014
30+ years providing IT services to wall street, continuous growth opportunities. Leading edge technologies in a high demand environment provide great satisfaction and opportunity for achievement.
There was a gym and ping pong table.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2014
Very intense , not much lunch breaks always on the go, challenging , fast past, constantly changing , requires very hard work that goes beyond regular working hours.Working for the NYSE ICE was intense. There was also a pool table and ping pong table
Pros
You have to pay for everything
Cons
No lunch breaks, one works and eat at the same time.
Proud to work for NYSE but not ICE.
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
It is an honor to work for NYSE. But after the acquisition of ICE, people are either jumping ship or nervous to lose their jobs. Morale is down, company direction is unknown. The future of the once large prestigious icon called NYSE is now at stake.
Pros
Proud to work for NYSE
Cons
Recent acquisition by ICE
Undergoing changes
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
Was a wonderful company to work for but new administration changing the culture and not necessarily for the better.
Fun but serious workplace with one of the most famous brand
Intern in the Global Marketing and Branding (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2014
The importance of brand equity and customer engagement are the major marketing concepts I learned during my internship. My supervisors were all experienced marketing professionals who were also very friendly.
Most of those are Great Companies - as I was consulting
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2014
American Stock Exchange was really a great company and very good Management - but unfortunately not in existence now. All other companies are great and very nicely dealt with Consultants.
Great History and Professional Environment
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2014
I have always been proud of working at the New York Stock Exchange. From it's rich history of the Trading Floor to meeting dignitaries from far away countries, to rubbing elbows with professional sports members, movies stars and trending tech companies, you just never knew where your day would go. The CEO kept an open communication with the company across the board, made us all feel like we all were a part of what made the New York Stock Exchange what it is today. However, with it's recent acquisition, the moral has dropped, and everyone is in jeopardy of losing the jobs. The role of an Executive Assistant is slowly being dissolved.
Good "Place to work
Computer Operator, Service Operations (Former Employee) –  New YorkDecember 29, 2013
I learned a lot over the years working at the NYSE if I did not get laid off I would still be there. if I had to do it all again I would.
NYSE Euronext
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2013
NYSE Euronext has been a great company to work for. Management is very supportive and value the opinions and ideas brought up from all levels within the company. They push for the best work out of employees but still maintain a strong work/life balance.