NYSEG Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 22, 2012
This company prior to being purchased by a non US company was one of the best to work for in Broome County. However, every since they basically destroyed the Customer Service department and ripped the heart out of the employees the level of service has dropped tremendously. The focus used to be customer service it is no longer. Anyone who has dealt with this company prior to three years ago will clearly be able to see the decline in the level of customer service you received then and what you receive now.
Pros
wonderful local management, great co-workers
Cons
the decision makers in the company have no concern for the employees
great place to work
Journeyman New York State Electric and Gas (Current Employee) –  Brewster, NYMay 16, 2015
great group of guys. able to show off my hard working skills.. able to see something different almost every day. makes you feel accomplished at that end of the day
Wonderful company to work for.
Credit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYOctober 24, 2013
The duties of a Collections Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced collections department.

Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies.

Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.

Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
Pros
i made some wonderful friends there.
very fun and productive
Concessions-stand manager (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 21, 2012
I started work here when i was only 15 and it was very fun. It is a baseball stadium so we were pretty busy almost every game besides the beginning of the year (other then opening week) and a few days at the end of the season. for the first couple of seasons we did the YMCA dance on the dugouts during the 7th inning stretch, there were a ton of days where the stadium sponsored events, we had a picnic area and 4 concession stands. this was by far the most fun job i had, but i was also a kid with no bills or responsibilities
Pros
everything besides pay
Cons
not very good pay and only seasonal
Challenging and productive.
Retired Senior Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 11, 2013
I appreciated my time at NYSEG.
Very talented and organized staff.
Pros
career oriented.
Cons
volatile computer tech. environment.
Good for the old timers not so good for the new timers
Administrative Assistant, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYMarch 25, 2013
Since NYSEG has been bought by iberdrola, advancement for the young workfoce
Much pride in what we provided
journeyman lineman (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYOctober 8, 2014
Quality and safety were two areas we could boast about while performing our duties. Everyday was a learning experience, and my coworkers were like brothers to me. Worked enormous amount of hours and it was a bit difficult on the families.
Pros
great money, meals and friends
Cons
family life

2.8