NYSEG

NYSEG Employer Reviews

Much pride in what we provided
journeyman lineman (Former Employee), Lancaster, NYOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great money, meals and friends
Cons: family life
Quality and safety were two areas we could boast about while performing our duties. Everyday was a learning experience, and my coworkers were like brothers to me. Worked enormous amount of hours and it was a bit difficult on the families.
NY utility company owned by Spanish company
Project Manager, New York State Electric & Gas (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYDecember 28, 2013
How does that happen? Very capable utility company with engineering knowledge needed. It has evolved through several stages of corporate development.
Wonderful company to work for.
Credit Coordinator (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYOctober 24, 2013
Pros: i made some wonderful friends there.
The duties of a Collections Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced collections department.

Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies.

Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer – more... calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.

Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts. – less
Good for the old timers not so good for the new timers
Administrative Assistant, Full Time (Current Employee), Geneva, NYMarch 25, 2013
Since NYSEG has been bought by iberdrola, advancement for the young workfoce
Challenging and productive.
Retired Senior Computer Programmer (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: career oriented.
Cons: volatile computer tech. environment.
I appreciated my time at NYSEG.
Very talented and organized staff.
very fun and productive
Concessions-stand manager (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYJune 21, 2012
Pros: everything besides pay
Cons: not very good pay and only seasonal
I started work here when i was only 15 and it was very fun. It is a baseball stadium so we were pretty busy almost every game besides the beginning of the year (other then opening week) and a few days at the end of the season. for the first couple of seasons we did the YMCA dance on the dugouts during the 7th inning stretch, there were a ton of days – more... where the stadium sponsored events, we had a picnic area and 4 concession stands. this was by far the most fun job i had, but i was also a kid with no bills or responsibilities – less