NYU Langone Health Employee Reviews

Learn while you work.
Building Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
The circle of people you interact with during meeting is a learning experience each time. Working with staff can be routine but he courses and conference events NYU langone has you attend is a learning experience you can take with you anywhere. Sharpens your management skills overall not just for the department you attend to.
Pros
Educated
Cons
Needs more structure
always productive and fun
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
everyday is always busy except if you work on a holidays. But i love my job and I enjoy every minute of it so I cant complain. Very diversed and fun. NYU is the best employer I ever work with so far. I would definitely recommend it to every friend and family.
Pros
our management gives us free cake every month, free accommodation and meals during snow-day/hurricane
Cons
fast-paced work place, work load.
The Place is Pure Awesome
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
Despite pulling out of the league no longer making the employees unionized it is still a great place to work. NYU makes sure their staff is appreciate with free breakfast, lunch and dinner at times. Also management makes sure that you are well versed with your position.
Pros
Staff is appreciated
Cons
No Union
Fast pace, productive work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 5, 2017
. very busy clinic fast pace work place, alot of patients are seen, short of staff, many different specialist , Get along very well why others ...supervisor world greasy with staff
Cons
To busy
Good company to work for
Document Management Liaison / Secretary II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2017
I find the company to be a good place to work. Benefits are good and so is retirement packages. Im giving the tools necessary top do my work effectively.
Pros
vacation and retirements incensive
Cons
if you want to advance you better know some people, it is not base on hard work.
Rule-heavy enviroment led by poor management
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
NYU Langone Health can be a great company sometimes in regards to the benefits and perks it provides to employees. However, as a contractor, I have been privy to micro-management.
Good learning experience
Patient Unit Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
I've learned a lot from working at NYU Langone Health. I've learned from different cultures, my peers, management, and patients. Interacting with patient and their family members has helped me see how important being the person at the desk can be.

Talking to so many staff, patient's, family members etc, I've found my passion of becoming a psychologist. I'm now currently working on my Bachelors in psychology because of it.

I'm grateful for everything I've learned at NYU Langone Health.
Pros
teaching hospital
Cons
mangers that bully
Productive, educative and fun place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2017
NYU Langone Medical Center is a research and academic environment to work at. It is a world class and have an ultra modern procedures and equipment that meets world class standard to carry out medical needs for the new york, its environs and United States of America as a whole.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant-Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2017
It's a great place to work! Great work environment! Extraordinary Staff.

In my Department, the staff have been a great help! Always there to support, offer advice and assist you.
Horrible middle management
Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
Reduce middle management. Too many middle management not providing any value to profits or pulse of what goes on or daily work environment of people. A
what ive learned
Contractor - Epic Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 24, 2017
Help build wow carts for deployment

run around to all sites to install new equipment and wire management.

help with the Go live with Epic when nyu went live with Epic initially.
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2017
Nurses have great deal of autonomy. ,employment advancement, education opportunities, flexible schedule. Place fosters health work environment . Patient safety is hospital goal.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
No staff discount for meals
Zealous Work/life Balance
Project Assistant, NYU School of Medicine (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2017
Working at NYU Langone consisted of a nice and conducive working environment; good staffing and great benefits. Management is always ready to help and address any issues and/or problems in the
workplace.

There's always room for exponential growth and advancement opportunity in your career field. Also, team work is strongly encouraged.
Pros
Amazing benefits, collaborative working environment, cutting-edge research, world-class institution.
Fast paced and rewarding
Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
Very fast paced and a lot of exciting things happening at NYU Langone. Rewarding place to work. People are great and helpful and it can be a bit tense with a lot of big projects. IT back office support management which is also an H.R. management and they are not helpful and pretty much useless. Can't even complain as they are also human resources department. Be prepared to find your own way around.
Pros
Great financial compensation
Cons
No back office support
Leadership sucks
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
My staff love me as a part of management. upper management don’t like strong women it’s as if you can’t have a voice, being underminded by upper managent is very common there.
Pros
Looks good on your resume
Cons
Upper management not very professional
great place to work
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 16, 2017
great place to work, people are nice ,fast moving place to work ,there is a lot to learn in daily basis. a very busy environment, everyone had a positive energy and were will to assist when help was needed.
productive and fun place to work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  gramercy diagnosticsOctober 11, 2017
Nice and Condusive working environment.
Good staffing and great benefits.
Management is ready to help and address issues and problems in the workplace.
More room for growth and advancement in career field.
Team work is strongly encouraged here.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
busy environment
great place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
hourly wage was on point, coworkers were very nice, room for advancement, I would want to retire from NYU. I was hoping to become a permanent employee at NYU, I was at one time an 1199 union worker and I was hoping to make it back in to the union
Pros
Free lunch
very productive
FGP Senior Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
My job is very stressful at times and another time just fun and relaxing. I've learned to make an angry patient turn into a wonderful happy patient with sanctification. I'm blessed to have wonderful coworkers and a very understanding manager. NYU is a hospital that has room for growth.
Pros
vacation days, paid holidays, Christmas party
Cons
flexibility
Hectic work environment that allows for growth but is lacking organization
Outpatient Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
I worked with physicians and other medical staff as well as the manager to ensure that all claims were submitted correctly and reimbursed. The people there were friendly, however management was poor. I originally reported to a manager who was CPC certified like me, but before she could properly train me, she was let go. The manager I reported to afterwards was friendly, but she wasn't CPC certified and didn't really seem to care about the billing aspect of the practice. I really didn't feel like she supported me all that much.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Terrible management and leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYU Langone Health. Our community is ready to answer.