NYU Langone Medical Center

NYU Langone Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Productive and great patients
Staff Nurse - Onocology (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
I enjoyed the hospital was a learning enviroment. I had 4 weeks of vacation and holiday pay. I was able to spead a lot of time with my family.
Postive and productive
Transporter (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Pros: Opportunities
Cons: No organization amongest management
Great medical center facility with a plenty of opportunities to get ahead. Management is overall decent and my co-workers are good also.
My time at NYU Langone
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 19, 2015
Pros: Comfortable but not too comfortable enviornment. Convient location.
Cons: Job wasn't stable enough as contractor.
I enjoyed working at NYU Langone Medical Center. Majority of all work spaces were clean, User were very welcoming and friendly. Department I work in wasn't uptight but were serious in maintaining customer satisfaction. Easy to get along with most of my co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with the people around the hospital whether they were staff of patients. Also the hands on/technical portions were fun and educational as well.
professional environment
Dispatcher/Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: located in Manhattan
A typical day was busy but not stressful. The coworkers were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed coming in to work every day.
Great and fun place to work.
Service Support Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Wonderful, understanding nurses, doctors, and all the other users..
Cons: Almost no time for lunch, have had to miss lunch more times than I could count with no compensation.
The people that work in the hospital are some of the best and friendliest people I have ever worked with. I actually looked forward to going to work everyday. They loved seeing me everyday being pro-active. Walking Tisch from the 17th floor down to the 9th floor, both east and west sides, then the ER, testing equipment, meeting with people on the floors and asking if they knew of anything that needed repairing. By my taking up to 3 hours, every day, doing this, I stopped many tickets from being placed by the nurses, doctors and everyone in-between.
Great people
Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2015
Working at NYU is great mainly because of the autonomy and very nice co-workers. You can learn a lot and are able to learn across departments and beyond your job title.
Amazing Work Enviroment
FGP Senior Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2015
Pros: Security, friendly work environment, wonder culture, work location, benefits
Cons: Salary
As senior credentialing coordinator my role is to over-see staff work production. Which includes new on-boarding providers and provider enrollment into insurance plans. Throughout my 15 years here at NYU I have learned and experienced many wonderful lessons such as credentialing and hospital operations. Before joining NYU i had no idea of the detailed work that went into running a major hospital. I have been fortunate to have been surrounded by management that has always been willing to teach and for that I am grateful. In all, it has been a wonderful experience working along side management and past/present co-workers. most enjoyable part of my day is helping and leading co-workers. Also: welcoming new practices/providers to NYU and explaining to them our contracts and policies also is exciting to me. Hardest part of my job is getting those practices/providers who are established to change their way of doing things to NYU. By far a challenge that I welcome and became successful at
Good, friendly environment
Blood Bank Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2015
Good, friendly environment for different jobs titles. Good people to work with professionally and personally. Very challenging and people are really appreciative.
Great place to work for
Project Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 27, 2015
NYU Langone Medical Center is a great place to work for. Loving the environment here. Manager and colleagues are super nice and friendly.
Relaxed and friendly environme
Go-Live Consultant (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMarch 23, 2015
I worked mostly with the physician and his nurse but I also helped the front desk with epic issues.
It was a very relaxed and friendly environment. There were times were they provided food.
There were times where we stayed late but it wasn't terrible due to their good attitude.
In search of a stable organization with growth opportunities
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
On a daily basis i'd assist the doctors/nurses with various procedures and i'd also triage patients which include taking and recording vital signs .

I enjoy interacting with patients and providing patient care as needed. I've built a great rapport with patients and staff.
Fast paced and busy work enviornment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
The Doctors were great to work along with, seeing their relationship with the patients I would recommend anyone to them. The most enjoyable part of my day were the children and working with the staff that was easy to get along with.
Learning Experience
Immigration Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 1, 2015
I had aided the recruitment and immigration department. For the first half of each day during this time period, I would help the front desk by scanning and filing documents, as needed. After I had finished helping the recruitment department, I had been trained in a system known as OnBase. With this system, I had been responsible for inputting immigration documents to have on file within the NYU Human Resource Department’s system, to then later on be labeled as “closed” and shredded. Additionally, during this time period I had also been responsible for collecting paychecks at Greenberg Hall located directly across the main hospital which had been due for review by the "Immigration" department and processed by the “Accounts Payable” department. I was also responsible for helping place files in their proper categories per necessity (for example, one file could be “outgoing”, another “incoming”).
Great Working Enviroment
Information Technology (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 1, 2015
Pros: retirement plan, paid time off
NYU is the ideal place to work if you are looking for great work/life balance. Great employee benefits. Not much to complain about
staff
Travel RN PACU MIUU (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
staff friendly. nurses are great nurses are knowledgeable surgeons aren't the best patient population is friendly smooth operation
Innovative work enviornment
Graduate Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Excellent place to work and learn about community organizing. Dedicated and passionate employees who are eager to build upon and learn from each other.
Developed proceses that is suited for the department.
Manager - Revenue Cycle Operations (Current Employee), 550 1st Avenue NY,NYFebruary 18, 2015
Extremely busy environment and it makes your day go by very fast.
Learned lots of processes.
Very different styles of management
Friendly co-workers
NYU Langone
Admitting Representative (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 15, 2015
NYU Langone Medical Center is an amazing place to work. The Enviroment is wodnerful and your surrounded by so many great people. I Love it
love making the customers happy
Food Service Worker/ Catering (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great room for growth
Cons: being partime
A typical day at work consisted of coming getting the patients tally in the hospital for that day and start preparing the cold plates needed. Then moving over to the catering station to see what parties was taking place for that day and start to put those menu orders together. Going outside to operate the register. I learned that you will not be able to please everyone but knowing that you put your best foot forward is what matters. My co-workers was the best team to work with. The hardest part of my job was working in the cancer center of NYU and finding out that my customers/friends have ran their course and was sent to heaven. That was hard because you actually start to build a relationship with them. The most enjoyable part was the smile on my customers faces to show that I did an amazing job serving them.
High energy, efficient workplace
Project Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: healthcare, work/life balance
Cons: high turnover
Each day varied, with some projects that I checked on daily, others bi-weekly, etc. I constantly corresponded with colleagues and superiors--ensuring that we were on task for our monthly goals. My team made sure we were on task was by holding weekly stand-up meetings, where we'd fire off top priority projects and if we needed assistance. Though there were a number of running tasks, there were also a great deal of autonomy I was able to have with one-off projects that the Vice President would request of my team. I was the front and back door of the team. All projects would, at the very least, start with me and end with me. The hardest part of my job was balancing the needs of all the different people on my team--there were varied needs and many different preferences as to how they liked things done. I had to manage up and create balance for my team. The most enjoyable part was seeing a project to completion with the team.

1 2 3 4 5

About NYU Langone Medical Center

NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class patient-centered integrated academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier – Read more

NYU Langone Medical Center Photos