NYU Langone Medical Center

NYU Langone Medical Center Employer Reviews

Developed proceses that is suited for the department.
Manager - Revenue Cycle Operations (Current Employee), 550 1st Avenue NY,NYFebruary 18, 2015
Extremely busy environment and it makes your day go by very fast.
Learned lots of processes.
Very different styles of management
Friendly co-workers
NYU Langone
Admitting Representative (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 15, 2015
NYU Langone Medical Center is an amazing place to work. The Enviroment is wodnerful and your surrounded by so many great people. I Love it
love making the customers happy
Food Service Worker/ Catering (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great room for growth
Cons: being partime
A typical day at work consisted of coming getting the patients tally in the hospital for that day and start preparing the cold plates needed. Then moving over to the catering station to see what parties was taking place for that day and start to put those menu orders together. Going outside to operate the register. I learned that you will not be able to please everyone but knowing that you put your best foot forward is what matters. My co-workers was the best team to work with. The hardest part of my job was working in the cancer center of NYU and finding out that my customers/friends have ran their course and was sent to heaven. That was hard because you actually start to build a relationship with them. The most enjoyable part was the smile on my customers faces to show that I did an amazing job serving them.
High energy, efficient workplace
Project Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: healthcare, work/life balance
Cons: high turnover
Each day varied, with some projects that I checked on daily, others bi-weekly, etc. I constantly corresponded with colleagues and superiors--ensuring that we were on task for our monthly goals. My team made sure we were on task was by holding weekly stand-up meetings, where we'd fire off top priority projects and if we needed assistance. Though there were a number of running tasks, there were also a great deal of autonomy I was able to have with one-off projects that the Vice President would request of my team. I was the front and back door of the team. All projects would, at the very least, start with me and end with me. The hardest part of my job was balancing the needs of all the different people on my team--there were varied needs and many different preferences as to how they liked things done. I had to manage up and create balance for my team. The most enjoyable part was seeing a project to completion with the team.
productive and educational
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), new york,nyJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: communication
Cons: n/a
love this job I have learned alot from my amazing co-workers and superiors would love to be here forever. This is a place with great colaboration and communication.
Sr. Med Tech
Senior Medical Technologist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: tuition assistance
Cons: salary
Major Med School and top notch Med Center doing state of the art Hematology, Urines, and Coag including Special Coag. 1199 SEIU union shop. We are on the forefront of negotiating salary increases to bring our Med techs in line with other allied Health pros.
ok
Accounts Payable Auditor Contract (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Not what I was looking for good co workers lack of defined direction and sticking with GAAP practices.
Very High Energy place
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: bonus for reaching goals.
Cons: the more you do the higher is the expectation.
The most enjoyable part of this job is learning new technologies that directly impact patients lives in meeting their needs. It is rewarding to see the patients happy as well as reaching the goals for the company.
On clinical staff there.
Assistant Clinical Professor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
In conjunction with position at Bellevue Hospital. Voluntary physician.
Senior Accounts Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great working exprience
Very good place to start
Great entry level positions
Good Management
Great Workplace
Administrative Support (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
I love NYU they are very advanced and also provide alot of training for their employees.
Wonderful work environment and great potential for furthering education and job growth.
Medical Secretary/ Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches from reps.
Cons: short lunch breaks
A typical day at work involved interacting with patients and other medical professionals to provide great customer service. Everyday I enjoyed going to work and made a lot of great friends.
(N) ot (Y) our (U) sual
Financial Associate (Former Employee), 14 Wall St.December 16, 2014
Pros: benefits and ok locations. leave early on some holidays
Cons: no where to run to with hostile work environment
Was much better years ago, however now it appears if you don't kiss up the bosses or if you are secure with yourself as far as looks you will be bullied. HR doesn't care. High turn over. Younger staff get supervisory positions, witnesses and allows bullying from insecure female subordinates when they sit around all day talking about their bodies and makeup and making envious inferences towards others they obviously view as a threat to themselves. Very hostile work environment with foul language. If you don't mind this behavior which is a sign of bigger issues then don't mind me it does seem like the norm these days.
Productive and fast pace office
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 12, 2014
My Typical day at work was very fast past. Answer about 50 to 80 calls maybe even more a day, Assassinating Doctors. Working the Front Desk.Greet patients and their parent. Setting up entertainment for patient while they wait to see the doctor.Also Daily scanning, sending out medical release records, faxing. I learned a lot from the patient and Doctors from each specialty. I learned how to help patient in there time of panic. We had new management and they need to have all the Medical Secretaries doing the same thing. Not one person doing more than the others. My co-worked are great. We work as a team. The hardest part about my was given more responsiblilty for one person. I have to cover more than one area including front desk dealing with patients and patients calls and there were 10 secretaries. The most enjoyable part about my job was helping patients and working with great doctors and Co-workers.
Decent place to work
PATIENT ACCESS/BILLING (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 11, 2014
Pros: great training
There would be smooth days, and really busy days, but there was never a boring day in the ER.
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 5, 2014
This place has an amazing diversified staff. The work is rewarding. The patients we deal with are sick, so to be able to be apart of their healing process during their time of need is a blessing in itself.
The patients are kind, yes in pain, but loving.
We help take away the stresses and burdens that the family and patients have to endure in every step of their experience.
Production At its best
Medical Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NyDecember 4, 2014
Pros: health care, networking, free lunch
Cons: lack of responsibility
I love feeling I was need to and i belong. Just my everyday warmth could make a different in some else life is satisfying
Great Place to work at.
Accounts Payable Processor (Temp Work) (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: somtimes free lunches
Cons: full timing hiring
Processed large volume of Invoices, opened mail,stamp the mail and scanned Invoices. I learned different tasks in Accounts Payable. The management was excellent. Co-workers were Great people to work with. The hardest part was trying to get answers from certain vendors. I enjoyed learning new tasks.
Dynamic and positive work environment
Specialist/Consultant, Marketing Communications (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 29, 2014
A fast-paced, clinical and research institution which strives to provide superior patient care services in all areas of healthcare and medicine
Productive and professional workplace
OB/GYN High Risk Ultrasound Technician (Current Employee), Brooklyn NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good healthcare, competitive wages, all major public holidays off
Cons: vacation time stays constant regardless of years experience
* various types of ultrasounds performed throughout the day
* learning and using an extensive knowledge in OB
* professional and courteous co-workers
* patient satisfaction
* Challenging ultrasounds

1 2 3 4 5

About NYU Langone Medical Center

NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class patient-centered integrated academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier – Read more

NYU Langone Medical Center Photos