NYU Langone Medical Center Employee Reviews

Friendly Productive Environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
NYU Langone Medical Center was such a friendly environment to work with and was nothing but productive. The patients were the main focus.
workplace
Secretary I/Intake, Scheduler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
it pays the bills, management and administration team could use some revamping, look before you leap into any company big or small, organization of staff could be better, lack of structure
Daily Work day
Administration & Doctor Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Upon arrival to work go thru emails to see any updates or important information. Plan day according to the printed daily schedule. Arrive patients and direct to appropriate psychiatrist. Document notes, referral, medications.etc.
Pros
great staff
Cons
commute
Laid Back environment
Pricer Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Coworkers are easy to work with. With managers theres some micro-managing. Depending on the department you can be very busy. Benefits are very good.
Life changes
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2017
NYU was a great experience but unfortunately life changing experiences happened and I had to relocate closer to home; and that is how my job profession changed
Pros
great employee/employers
Cons
shopping in the area
was was only a temp
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2016
I loved working for NYU i would go back in a heartbeat if they'll have me. I was only there as a temp and was not lucky enough to be hired full time. Management needs work.
Productive and exciting work place
Intern for Dr. Ernest Chiu, Director of the Helen (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2016
Observed the doctor assess patients in the plastic surgery and wound care department and discuss their issues, concerns and treatment plan. Witnessed and discussed the doctor's
interaction with patients' families, including medical aspects and manner
Stay away from this place
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 27, 2016
Stressful work place with everyone walking on egg shells for fear of getting fired. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
staff in fear of being fired
Great place to work. Staff is very welcoming to new workers.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2016
Love working for NYU. Managers are very flexible when it comes to scheduling. If your a student, as myself, they will find ways to make sure that your are comfortable with your schuedle and prioritize education for their works.
A Good Place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2016
I have been satisfied with the job for last four and a half years at NYU Langone. Occasionally, there may be some administration issues when an unusual event occurs - the hospital seems lacking staffs for management, but I learned how to deal with them after my first year. The only downside is there is not much room for improvement/learning.
Team driven workplace
Associate Ambulatory Transition Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2016
All departments work great together to get the job done. There's no hesitation to help another coworker. It's also a great learning environment. Everyone is always willing to teach another something new. Allowing you to expand and grow.
Productive and great place to work.
Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
A great place to work. Staff and management are very friendly and make you feel like home!!! Happy to come to work everyday and motivated as well. Great place
This was a really long time ago
Affiliations Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
This was one of my first jobs out of college, so I wasn't making much money as an analyst. However, we were able to take grad school classes at a discount, which was really great.
good company
Research Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
good group to work with and knowledgeable about processes. management changed, however, still maintained focus on science and operations. great group.
They were bought out by another company
FACULTY BILLING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Before they were bought out they were a decent company to work for. Not organized, HR was slow in getting back to you about anything. More like a small mom and pop organization.
Excellent work place
Room Service Dining Associate/Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2016
I have grown as an individual since I started working here, co-workers are fun to be around and very helpful. There is always room for growth and expansion, the job itself is very manageable.
nice work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
typical day at this job taking patient vitals and preparing them for examination from the doctor. good days and bad days but I always kept a smile on my face because I know most people don't like coming to the doctor. So many different people from different cultures. my co-workers was awesome always a good day.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
was a temporay assignment
Fast past work environment where communication with other departments is key.
Finance Administrative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
NYU Langone was a fast past working environment where deadlines needed to be met immediately. I worked in the finance department at this company. I inputed data, worked proficiently using Microsoft Office applications and setting up routine computer procedures to resolve simple software/hardware problems, accessing emails, electronic records and other basic office support software. Some of my employers were difficult to work with however I've always been able to separate personal from business. Although I may not have agreed with someones process I pride myself on being a good teammate to get a job done.
Pros
fast pace environment
Cons
unfriendly co-workers
Excellent place to work
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 8, 2016
NYU Langone Medical Center is an excellent place to work. The staff is kind, hardworking, and dedicated to exceptional patient care.
Horrable Micromanagement
Inter-Clerkship Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  School of MedicineJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day of work starts by reading emails and prioritizing your daily task. Prep faculty meetings for each course sessions with follow ups. Weekly meeting with deans and management. Review educational courses with directors. Contact vendors and speakers for special events and training. Collect all data and educational materials needed for the Inter-Clerkship courses. The hardest part of the job was to get all the educators, directors, deans and management to agree to a specific educational course for the clerkship. It was a horrible battle of brains and egos.

Best part of the job was my co-workers who supported me. It was a family type bond that kept me going.
Pros
Great people, excellent benefits on health and free education
Cons
Micromanagement, Too many directors and management on a single project