NYU Langone Medical Center

NYU Langone Medical Center Employer Reviews

A very nice research department of NYU
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 4, 2014
Participated in the development and optimization of MRI simulation in Matlab and C++ environment.
Improved the speed of MRI pulse simulation using parallel computing on GPU in Matlab and CUDA C.
Hostile Work Environment
Project manager (Former Employee), NYFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: projects
Cons: threatening work environment, mal intent, hostile co-workers, with hidden agendas.
Tyrannical management from one particular hostile female.
seasoned professional
Medical Secretary to Senior Assistant to the Chief (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 6, 2014
detailed oriented multi-task prompt quick learner work well under pressure
Interesting working environment
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
The hospital in my opinion was a wonderful place to work but my department was not a great working environment. During my time there, I learned a lot of things such as drug compounding, mixing and packing medication patient specific medication. I learned about mixing and batching IV meds, inventory control and about the many drugs that was distributed – more... throughout the hospital. I also learned to work with the many robots and dispensing systems, along with the Epic system. I enjoyed working with a lot of my co-workers and manager from my shift. The hardest part about working there was management and the clicks that they had. I wish the very best for this place and hope that all of its attempts to upgrade and modernize the department is a success but it was very had to deal with the many spontaneous and unorganized changes that was made. Overall it was an interesting working environment. – less
productive department
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Small but busy department. was able to improve basic Spanish .reinforced the need for team work especially when someone refuses to contribute to the team effort.The joy of producing work of excellent diagnostic quality
An extremely awesome place to work
Admin Support (Current Employee), NYU Langone Medical CenterDecember 28, 2013
Pros: benefits are tops. excellent opportunities for advancement. busy working with lots of challenges.
Cons: none worth mentioning.
Great colleagues and a nice working environment. Management actively focus on staff development. NYU Langone Medical Center is a fast pace, high pressure work place, where the cream usually rises to the top. If your looking to spread your wings, it's an awesome place to be. I love this place.
Department of Robotic surgery was not for me
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2013
Excellent hospital and staff. As stated in my rate of the company.
Never a dull moment, always busy.
Registrar (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 10, 2013
Never a dull moment, always busy. Meet interesting people from all walks of life.
NYULMC
Senior Staff Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: excellent nurses
Cons: 99% of management is not supportive
Gained an expansive amount of experience and learned so much from all of my co-workers.
Work
Office Assistant / Project Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
A typical day at work consists of checking email, sorting and delivering mail to the correct dept. Setting up conference room for faculty meetings. I have learned a few things here at NYU over the last two and half years Ive been employed.My co-workers are great. They are easy to get along with.
IT PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
Great culture and work life balance. Easy commute and great benefits.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Great place to work, caring and takes care of it's employees. The opportunity to pursue or further your education is unlimited. Great opportunities for advancement.
Enjoyable for many years until changes in the regime
Mid Level Staff member (former) (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: good hours, compensation, friendly co workers overall
Cons: do not let managers abuse their roles, and overstep their roles.
A typical day at NYU involved being greeted by many coworkers who truly became like friends. Not every department had this facet but I was lucky for a while. Once i saw other departments, i quickly learned that you could feel unwelcome by often young employees who put in a few years and were unfriendly and quick to make you feel inadequate or try to – more... do so. Physicians were mostly friendly and appreciative but learning was geared more towards residents/fellows and mid levels were treated like interns most times.

You can advance with time and effort given to a better position. Compensation was fair and adequate and the annual increases were better than most other institutions. Environment is clean, pleasant, and many upgrades have been made over time and NYU continues to grow and succeed as an institution. Often times co workers can become friends.

As a major con were some in management postions (one female Mgr in particular) being allowed to abuse her position by making so many staff miserable who would complain about this person. Despite complaints by multiple people within the department all the way up to Human Resources, many problems were swept under the rug. If you seek to be world class, you have to be willing to expose the problem people and remove their position if it's being abused.

I would work in this hospital again since it is a great institution, with many talented staff members, but management needs to take staff complaints seriously and make warranted changes up to and removing problem people even if in management. – less
wonderful place to work
FPO Answering Service/Phone Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 16, 2013
i loved working at nyu .
very good pay people are very nice
benefits are grate
Professional environment and Team oriented.
Patient Unit Associate (Current Employee), 560 1st Avenue New York, NY 10016September 11, 2013
Pros: team work
Working for NYU Langone Medical Center for the past 7 years has been very remarkable. I have changed departments three times, this displays the company's thrive for successful employees and their upward climb for success. This company each and every day aids all employees not just myself to be the best that you can be.
Project Assistant II (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2013
Worked there for a long time. Met some great people. Learned a lot.
Overall, a nice place to work depending on your department.
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits package, work life balance cca program, wellness programs.
Cons: poor management in the department, "buddy system" to manage new employees, unprofessional staff
Overall, NYULMC is a good place to work. The organization does a good job of providing perks for their employees. While there aren't any bonuses, they provide discounts for health clubs, wellness programs, commuter shuttle and other benefits to staff. They also are big on work life balance which is a plus.

However, the structure/culture within the – more... department needs work. The "buddy" system they have is not set up correctly and needs to be redone. This system along with the "unwritten" rules are very ingrained in the office culture and can be difficult for new staff to adapt to. Management is very hands off and inaccessible to new staff. Manager and some co-workers were rude and unprofessional.
The hardest parts of the job for me was trying to fit in with the office culture, working under a manipulative co-worker and keeping up with the large workload.
I think management should take the time to interact with new staff. Provide feedback in a productive and kind manner directly. Discuss the office culture with new staff to avoid any misunderstandings. – less
Dietary Aide, Food Service
Dietary aide, Food Service (Former Employee), Food ServiceAugust 10, 2013
People work together in a good environment. Excellent benefits. Leadership treats you with respect.
Coordinator for the planned giving office of a major hospital and school
Planned Giving Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: limited in special events coordinating
Assisting three planned giving officers in maintaing donor relations.
Great Benefits
Program Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 2, 2013
Great Health Benefits. Loving the PTO system, I can use all the time for travel.

About NYU Langone Medical Center

NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class patient-centered integrated academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier – Read more

NYU Langone Medical Center Photos