NYU Langone Medical Center

NYU Langone Medical Center Employee Reviews

great opportunity for advancement
patient transport supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, New YorkAugust 24, 2015
started as a houskeeper and worked my way to a position in management. Nyu has a very supportive leadership team. Theres a number of pros and Cons as with any other big organization, but i wouldnt trade my experience here for anything.
Pros
free shuttle van service for employees to and from sudways
Cons
no discount on lunch for employees
productive, hard working
Financial Inpatient Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  New York CityAugust 23, 2015
Great place to work always learning something new. Everyone works as a team. Always someone there to help you out. great environment and also fun place to work
Fun and Instructive workplace
Biostatistics Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2015
Worked with PhD candidates to compile, clean, and manage large data set. Fun, companionable environment. Very detail oriented work that needed a meticulous attitude to complete.
Summary
Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2015
Lots of work during my tenure
Many billing hours
Lots was accomplish during a very shot time
Long hours but great pay
Great team lots of technical experience
Pros
great cosulting
Cons
short lived
Cobble Hill location is the staff work together well.
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2015
The dynamic has changed with the Union 1199 Seiu taking over the Patient Access dept, job security will be established. Future looks a lot brighter for the dept being the Patient Access dept at NYU were the lowest paid opposed to all hospitals in NYC. 1199 benefits are a lot better than the standard NYU benefits package as well.
Pros
403B Retirement was matched by the Medical Center
Cons
No job security, low pay
follow up center for emergency department
Family Nurse practitioner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
It is a very unique program to follow up on all high risk patients that are seen in the ER within 24 hours of their visit. goal of the program is to provide seamless transition from the ER
good benefits/work/life balance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
This job has a good benefits and positive work/life balance. However at times it is slow paced and if you are not in the medical/research area there is not too much excitement day to day.
Very best work environment
Registered Surgical /Vascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJune 27, 2015
Love working twice for NYU greatest group ever!

It's a great teaching Hospital and very friendly family type co workers and Vascular Surgeons. Miss them all.
Pros
Loved learning lots of ultrasound procedures
Cons
Commute a bit far.
Productive place to work
Asst Mgr - OR Clinical Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2015
My day consist of supervising five (5) staffs, making sure that they are all set, inventory wise for a smooth flow of day's cases. I truly enjoy my job because I find it quite self rewarding to know that I contribute to patient's care without having direct contact with them.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
short breaks, short staffs
Interesting Transplant Department to work at.
Transplant Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2015
It's a very interesting place to work at. The work resposibilities I had helped me improve my work skills. Its great to work at a place where your superiors care to hear your voice. I really loved the work I did.
Pros
Summer hours, Friendly environment
A World Class Institution That Keeps Improving
Administrative Assistant, Management Level (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2015
I worked in the Campus Transformation Office within the Real Estate Development and Facilities Department. "My people" (as I liked to call them) are building a new 22-story hospital building a science building and a cogeneration plant, so it was fun to be able to remind them that although we were building buildings, "we're saving lives -- AND energy!".

I helped coordinate over a dozen calendars for hardworking people, who were dedicated to making sure that the patients and doctors who will end up using the spaces will be well-served and that the construction process would be accomplished safely and efficiently, and beautifully.
Pros
Good Benefits; generous vacation days; good place to be in many ways.
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2015
A typical work day is very busy, fast paced environment. Coworkers work as a team, everyone is helpful, management is very knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job is not being able to predict how the day will go, this can also be a positive because it keeps the day interesting.
Pros
commute
Nordan Yestermind Unified
Junior Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 2, 2015
An typical day was always off of a chart, various of tasks to be completed randomly. I learned to expect the unexpected. Management was very helpful but unseen most of the time. The hardest part was keeping busy after I would complete each task, we had to wait until a certain time to leave.
Pros
Nice uniforms
Cons
commute was more than 30 miles at times
Productive and great patients
Staff Nurse - Onocology (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2015
I enjoyed the hospital was a learning enviroment. I had 4 weeks of vacation and holiday pay. I was able to spead a lot of time with my family.
Postive and productive
Transporter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Great medical center facility with a plenty of opportunities to get ahead. Management is overall decent and my co-workers are good also.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
No organization amongest management
My time at NYU Langone
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at NYU Langone Medical Center. Majority of all work spaces were clean, User were very welcoming and friendly. Department I work in wasn't uptight but were serious in maintaining customer satisfaction. Easy to get along with most of my co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with the people around the hospital whether they were staff of patients. Also the hands on/technical portions were fun and educational as well.
Pros
Comfortable but not too comfortable enviornment. Convient location.
Cons
Job wasn't stable enough as contractor.
professional environment
Dispatcher/Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2015
A typical day was busy but not stressful. The coworkers were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed coming in to work every day.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
located in Manhattan
Great and fun place to work.
Service Support Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2015
The people that work in the hospital are some of the best and friendliest people I have ever worked with. I actually looked forward to going to work everyday. They loved seeing me everyday being pro-active. Walking Tisch from the 17th floor down to the 9th floor, both east and west sides, then the ER, testing equipment, meeting with people on the floors and asking if they knew of anything that needed repairing. By my taking up to 3 hours, every day, doing this, I stopped many tickets from being placed by the nurses, doctors and everyone in-between.
Pros
Wonderful, understanding nurses, doctors, and all the other users..
Cons
Almost no time for lunch, have had to miss lunch more times than I could count with no compensation.
Great people
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2015
Working at NYU is great mainly because of the autonomy and very nice co-workers. You can learn a lot and are able to learn across departments and beyond your job title.
Amazing Work Enviroment
FGP Senior Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2015
As senior credentialing coordinator my role is to over-see staff work production. Which includes new on-boarding providers and provider enrollment into insurance plans. Throughout my 15 years here at NYU I have learned and experienced many wonderful lessons such as credentialing and hospital operations. Before joining NYU i had no idea of the detailed work that went into running a major hospital. I have been fortunate to have been surrounded by management that has always been willing to teach and for that I am grateful. In all, it has been a wonderful experience working along side management and past/present co-workers. most enjoyable part of my day is helping and leading co-workers. Also: welcoming new practices/providers to NYU and explaining to them our contracts and policies also is exciting to me. Hardest part of my job is getting those practices/providers who are established to change their way of doing things to NYU. By far a challenge that I welcome and became successful at
Pros
Security, friendly work environment, wonder culture, work location, benefits
Cons
Salary