NYU Winthrop Hospital Employee Reviews

Under construction - Room for improvement
Sr. Systems Analyst, IS IT (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJanuary 13, 2018
Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with my opinion as it will be biased have worked for both NYU and NYU Winthrop. What I can say is that when I worked for NYU I believed in management. At NYU Winthrop I did not because they did not follow the same suit post acquisition.
Pros
Very Laid Back.
Cons
Too Laid Back.
excellent magnet hospital to work at
4 North Registered Nurse, Full Time Nights (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJanuary 6, 2018
management and co workers are all about team work. staff and employees are approachable. numerous opportunities for career advancement or change career path within the hospital
Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Winthrop was a great place to work before..when it was simple "winthrop university hospital." Cliquey staff, rival between night and day shifts. Facility needs updating.
Days were very productive but yet pleasant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYDecember 19, 2017
Days were spent registering patients to see the pediatric pulmonary doctors.
This was a fast paced office but yet ran very smoothly.
There was a very pleasant atmosphere.
Dietary aide
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYDecember 14, 2017
the work is easy, but the hours are too random. The job wants you to be available from 6:00am to 7:30 pm. Different shifts really messes up my sleep schedule so ill be really tired, you have to be available on weekends, its almost impossible to plan your personal life and it would take more than 6 years to become fulltime.
amazing place to work
Registered Nurse in a Level One Trauma Center (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYDecember 12, 2017
AMAZING place to work. I work with amazing people who are dedicated to their career. People work effectively together and also work well in groups. The staff at NYU Winthrop Hospital are truly dedicated to patient care and the overall well being of their patients.
Fast paced
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYDecember 9, 2017
New manager in the evening, compassionate, understanding and very professional. Winthrop got lucky with him. Supervisors should follow suit,,, more staff needed.
Pros
open door policy
Cons
Horrible supervisors
its an easy job, love working with the patients
Tray Passer (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYDecember 3, 2017
it's an easy job. if you work well and be on time management doesn't bother you. the most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on the patient's face
Pros
free breakfast and lunch. pay is great
Cons
partime is 9 hrs.a week, no pto time, you work 3 hour shifts, not enough hrs to even pay one bill
implement the "relate" program for patients and employers
Biller/Coder (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 26, 2017
it's a pleasure to work for a hospital that cares about their patients and employers. Many areas of career specialties are created for one's specific job.
Pros
great healthcare coverage
Cons
lack of advancement
Job Security
Director of Employee Relations (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 24, 2017
Growing organization. Days start early and end late. Currently in an affiliation agreement with NYU Langone Medical Center. Very busy work environment.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Long work days

Want to know more about NYU Winthrop Hospital?

Ask a question
competitive and stressful
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 19, 2017
As a Nursing Assistant each day was different. the patients were different their attitudes different and each day you dealt with whatever was thrown at you. There were days that were challenging and then there were days that were a breeze. No day is predictable working at the hospital. Management sucks they don't like to see you bettering yourself . The job in itself is hard there is no one part that is harder than the next. to me the most enjoyable part of the job is the different people you met everyday and there would be some who would share their stories with you.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no union
productive workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 14, 2017
good teaching hospital, opportunity to learn new skills. Great teamwork, coworkers pitch in to help fellow staff. The hospital encourages advancement in education
Great learning experiance
Physical therapy assistant (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 13, 2017
I love working at winthrop, i learn a lot and enjoy the experiance. The staff is caring and helpful. I have to use 150 characters so here you go. I am done
Pros
Great experiance
good place to gain volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 9, 2017
As a volunteer, you are able to pick what unit you would like to work in. Gives people a feel for what it is like working in a hospital/medical environment.
Great Place to work
Acute Dialysis Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 26, 2017
Winthrop is a great place to work. I wish I worked there still but I relocated to California. The staff is excellent and since its a teaching hospital I was always learning. The benefits are excellent and I really feel that there was a nuturing environment for RN's there.
Pros
great benefits, decent pay
Productive workplace
HIM Integration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NY 11501October 22, 2017
I have set responsibilities, as everyone does, but then I also have time to explore new workflow or processes to implement for the department. I am given the opportunity to share my ideas and opinions at meeting and to management.
fair workplace
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 10, 2017
Winthrop Hospital really showed me great customer service skills.You had to take a mandatory customer service class and it helped you with treating patients and the families properly.
Pros
located near train and buses
fast-paced, challenging environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 9, 2017
a challenging work environment. continuing education encouraged. high staff turnover. supportive peers. off-site parking a negative for newer employees.
fun prodctives
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYOctober 8, 2017
go in find out rooms i have go see the patients let them know i will be caring for them for the day take vital see what the needs are for the day and assist them with it
i love caring for people
diverse
to loss one of the patients
getting to learn new things
Pros
lunch free sometimes
Cons
health care
Very productive
Pediatric Internship (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2017
Learned a lot under this internship. Got see the clincal side of the hospital. Observed and learned a lot in the hospital setting. Learned how important a team chemistry is important to a company. Also saw how important health care is.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYU Winthrop Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2