Technology is changing the $7 trillion education industry at an incredible rate. The once clear lines between educational publishers, educators, and technology players are being blurred—all in a new space, commonly known as EdTech. For more than 20 years O’Donnell Learn, LLC, has been leveraging its deep market knowledge to help clients design and launch better educational products and digital learning experiences. We provide strategic consulting, product and market development, and market research services to companies within the education space. Now, O’Donnell Learn (ODL), a fast-growing, innovative and agile services company, with a focus on companies serving the post-secondary and secondary education market, seeks an Account Director to help navigate the changing landscape, and increase our presence in the EdTech sector.
Location/Travel: Candidate must reside on the East coast with access to a major metropolitan airport. Preference will be given to someone who can commute regularly (at least bi-monthly) to our offices located in Stamford, CT. The position is remote or Stamford-based. Candidate must be willing to travel weekly for day trips, as well as overnight travel as needed, to meet with clients on site.
Responsible for growing the EdTech sector sales of services for our company. The ideal candidate requires exceptional sales, consulting, management, budgeting, proposal writing, and communication skills, and demonstrable track record of sales successes—and exceeding sales goals over an extended period of time.
We are seeking an individual who thrives in a flexible and fast-paced environment, enjoys working collaboratively with an entrepreneurial senior management team, is an exceptionally driven self-starter, and has a passion for education, innovation, and technology. Above all we believe an energetic, persistent, go-getter with a knack for building relationships and securing large-scale engagements is essential. The role will report directly to the President.
Sales responsibilities include:
- Initiate and implement sales initiatives (as well as related marketing efforts) that drive the growth of the EdTech sector of ODL’s client portfolio.
- Identify and establish relationships at potential ODL clients within EdTech sector in order to develop new business for ODL.
- Develop and manage the relationships with key personnel at select existing ODL clients in order to develop new business and manage/maintain existing business, with the goal of increasing ODL revenue at their locations.
- Maintain regular contact with executives and key target customers (e.g. decision-makers, including but not limited to, senior executives, technology directors and directors of digital content, market research and marketing directors, publishers,) throughout the client organization(s).
- Generate and develop proposals.
- Develop project budgets, working closely with President and/or Vice President of Operations as needed, to ensure profitability of project.
- Review Letters of Agreement to ensure scope, fees, and timeline are appropriate, and ensure contract execution with client.
- Work closely with the rest of the ODL team in terms of the appropriate sales handoff of the contracted engagements (e.g. timely alerts to enable appropriate staffing; debriefing on projects prior to launch call, etc.)
- Prepare and present at conferences and other forms of presentation, such as webinars, whitepapers, etc. to keep a high profile of thought leadership within the EdTech industry.
- Participate in key meetings, such as the launch call, midpoint check-ins, and final project debrief as necessary.
- Troubleshoot with client(s) as necessary.
- Communicate status with ODL management via sales tracking spreadsheets and account status meetings and other status reporting as needed.
This is a senior level position, which requires a BA/BS plus 5 to 7 years successful sales management experience in large accounts, within publishing, technology, or education. Preference will be given to those with experience in the EdTech space and with the latest technology, as well as ideally relationships and warm leads in this sector. A marketing background is also desirable. Must be able to understand complex selling cycles, contracts, negotiations, consultative selling, working with contractors and third parties, and partners. Ability to identify new and nurture and grow existing customers and partners. This position also requires the ability to provide regular forecasts of the business and project the results in a consistent and knowledgeable fashion on a quarterly and annual basis. Candidate should also have a strong understanding of customer management systems. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential as well as knowledge of and comfort level with the latest technological innovations.
Compensation, including base and commission, is commensurate with experience. We are seeking to fill this role immediately. You must be able to start within 2-3 weeks of offer. When applying, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.