The SQL Developer will work closely with developers and database team members to design, develop and enhance Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 database solutions.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with developers and business users to define requirements, perform analysis and design, and implement robust, maintainable solutions that meet the business requirements.
- Lead and participate in reviews and quality assurance processes to ensure that the data architectures and standards are being adhered to. Enforce policies and procedures to team members.
- Create and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical database models.
- Create SSIS packages to import/export data, and load and process data.
- Develop and enhance stored procedures. Write ad-hoc SQL queries to support report requests.
- Design and develop meaningful business reports (BI), either web based or thick client.
- Prepare data for job runs. Support jobs in process. Troubleshoot, analyze and repair job issues.
- In depth SQL knowledge is required, including advanced tuning skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008. OLTP and OLAP.
- Developing custom ad hoc reports using SQL 2005, SQL Reporting Services, SSIS, or Crystal reports,
- Experience with HP Polyserve is preferred.
- Experience mapping multiple data sources from various data formats and normalizing the data into SQL 2008 repositories.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to share ideas and work well in small teams.
- Possesses excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or the equivalent is preferred and 10 years database development experience is required.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SSIS is required.
- Knowledge of SSRS, XML and C# technologies is required.