O'Neil Digital Solutions is currently recruiting for a .NET Developer to join our team here in Plano
O'Neil is an industry leader in data-driven publishing and delivery solutions. Our state of the art technology puts us at the forefront of multi-channel document delivery and marketing communications. Our Plano facility offers the very latest in digital and print technology, including the entire suite of HP Inkjet web presses.
The .Net Developer designs and creates robust solutions that meet established specifications, designs criteria, quality standards and business requirements with minimum supervision.
The responsibilities and duties for this job include:
- Constructs high quality code.
- Analyzes, codes, tests, and debugs applications.
- Takes an active role in learning the company's business to optimize system performance and business processes.
- Participates in projects through the various phases.
- While in QA phase, makes corrections to code, and updates comments/design docs to reflect changes.
- Provides post production support.
- Contributes to matrix teams designing and developing applications, modules, or enhancements.
- Prepares and maintains complete programming specifications, functional design, and both high and detail level technical design documents.
- Creates stored procedures and queries for SQL 2005 using SSIS.
- Query tuning and optimization.
- Conducts code and security code reviews.
- Data mapping to disparate customer data sources.
- Performs troubleshooting and analysis to assess root cause of application issues.
- Maintains a high degree of knowledge on current technologies and tools.
- Makes recommendations to improve operating efficiency and functionality of assigned systems areas.
- Assigns and oversees development tasks.
- Participates and leads development teams in the construction, implementation and support of software products that meet established specifications, design criteria, quality standards and business requirements.
- Responsible for designing applications and systems based upon business requirements documentation and architectural designs.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and brainstorm with other developers/senior developers on ideas, work flow and technologies or work independently as directed.
- Strong technical, logical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication / technical writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables in a highly energized and fast-paced environment within a framework of constantly shifting deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to change and willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years overall software and/or application development experience.
- 2+ years design and analysis experience using .NET (C# and SQL)
- 2+ years experience designing and developing Web Services
- 2+ years developing database applications (stored procedures, triggers, functions)
- 3+ years experience with T-SQL specifically using Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficient in XML/XSLT
We are proud to offer:
- Excellent and competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Generous vacation accrual
- Profit Sharing