O'Charley's

O'Charley's United States Employee Reviews

Served Customers there food
Waiter (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2015
I always ensured guests had everything they needed. I always made sure that every customer left pleased with the service they received.
Love food
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAApril 27, 2015
Food servicing is one of the coolest jobs and is a great starter job. I picked up good people skills here. Dealing with different type of people daily helps you to understand things differently.
host
Host (Former Employee), Griffin, GAApril 23, 2015
Good place for a young person to work. Not a lot of hours you average like 10-30 hours max .Good managers everyone was nice and friendly , good food loved that we got half price on our food and free drinks .
fun work place
waitress (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: half off lunch
Cons: short breaks
fun workplace
fast pace
cool team workers
very big volumes of customers
the best part of my job is when the customer leaves satisfied
absolutely the best job / company culture I have ever had !!
Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2015
Pros: benefits / relationships w/ staff and customers that made every shift fun
Cons: taking FOH job meant 4-5 closing shifts / week = became a negative in the long run
loved being KM as it is my entire backround. moved to FOH job from the kitchen to work with several loved / trusted managers. very new experience for me yet I exceled at it for four years before leaving company.
Managers who only look for the best quality
Dishwasher/Prep (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunch for the first two weeks of training and if you are an employee, you get a 50% discount on your total order.
Cons: Breaks are not specified unless you work a double. (two shifts or a whole day)
Typical day for me is usually a day filled with music. The song choices at O'Charley's are pretty decent. Something I'd definitely let my possible future children listen to. Creating a bond with the coworkers made the job often worthwhile.
This job became like a home away from home
Server (Former Employee), Bristol, VAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Hard to think of one: but sometimes having to stay very late
I really like this job, mainly because of the people one of my managers, she was great. They were great with working with your schedule, I made great friendships, worked hard and it would show with tips.
Productive workplace
Server (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCApril 9, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: tips sometimes
The best part of my job was coming in a and receiving my very first table, I love to talk to guests and get to know them a little better. We did not have a lot of side work which was a plus. I loved the other employees and also the management team, everyone was very helpful and friendly when I first began.
Very fun and fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 3, 2015
Pros: Interaction with people
Cons: Low pay
My job as a hostess included cleaning the workplace and assisting/seating guests. I loved interacting with people. People make my day. The worst part was the floor manager. She wasn't the easiest to get along with. The head manager was very nice though.
Customer Oriented Service
Shift Manager/Server (Former Employee), Mason, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: people, fun environment
Cons: lack of advancement, poor employee morale through workday, ineffective problem solving by management
A typical day: Prep service staff for expectations, organize training material, constant team building to get through the day, and it was very tough to run a smooth day with intermittent lapse in team concentration.
server
Server (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 11, 2015
Worked a lot of doubles, the staff was the best. The people on that side of town is college kids, not very good tips. Great food and good prices.
Ocharleys
Server (Former Employee), Collierville, TNFebruary 4, 2015
As a server, it is stressful on your body, but if you are good to the people they will be good to you. I made plenty of tips to support my family while I went to school for a better life. Mangers were always understanding of my schedule, and flexible.
Paducah, KY
Hostess (Former Employee), Paducah, KYFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: sexist management
I tried to enjoy working at O'Charleys, it was easy work. The pay was decent, but the manager was very disrespectful, and difficult to be around (unless you are a man). It felt like I was walking into a soap opera every day, with the constant cat fights between employees and often with management. Not a very professional work environment. But what can you really expect out of a franchise restaurant..
Fun workplace full of great people to work alongside
FOH Shift Leader (Current Employee), Bloomington, INJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: work weekends and late nights.
Typical day of work runs smoothly with everyone helping each other when possible and ensuring that the guests are taken care of properly.

I have learned a lot about communicating with people and how to solve issues that arise with the customers.

I enjoy working with everyone there and how everyone is helpful and always keeps the mood light and easy to make the shift a fun time.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are unsatisfied and are impolite about it.
fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee), Southaven, MSJanuary 28, 2015
the business is up and down it gets busy every other weekend. it not much that i have learned because i have alway worked in the resuratant businesss.
o charleys
Customer Service / Hostess (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: employee discount
I worked as a hostess then worked as a waitress. the typical day was a clock in and out great customers (guest) trying to upsell and give them the best customer service so they will come back to the business. the most enjoyable part is the flexible hours. I left the company because I wanted to gain a bigger understanding of retail customer service.
Professional, Productive, Fun
Server (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 22, 2015
Productive and fun filled atmosphere.

I learned the best values of being apart of such an amazing team, where everyone makes sure that guest expectations are exceeding every single time.

Management, doesn't get any better than these amazing people at Logan's! Hands on, rises to all challenges, professional, all about the guest, and making sure we stay on point, getting all hot food to guests...

Co-workers, Amazing

Hardest part, sweeping the floors.

Everything at Logan's was enjoyable for me. Even if it was a rough night, there was always something positive to learn from an error. The management , the FOH, and BOH, all worked together, I have never worked anywhere that could compare to the dedication of customer service and to ensure the employees feel like family, that alone drives a person to want to come to work.
Productive and Exciting Place to Work
Server (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYDecember 31, 2014
Pros: half off the entire menu, ability to trade shift/flexible schedule, good money especially on the weekends and free pie wednesday
Cons: employees don't get free pie on free pie wednesday.
I worked at O'Charley's as a server for nearly two years and when I found another job I was able to continue working there by picking up shifts at my leisure! The food is amazing and fresh and the place is really clean, and O'Charley's maintains high standards that allow the employees to work effectively.
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE DRIVEN
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 29, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY AT O'CHARLEY'S WAS 10-12 HOURS LONG. I WAS PART OF A 4 MANAGER TEAM, 3 ASSISTANT MANAGERS AND A GENERAL MANAGER. MY COWORKERS WERE PLEASANT. HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS THE HOURS COUPLED WITH THE TRAVEL TIME TO AND FROM HOME. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS INTERACTING WITH AND BUILDING MY TEAM.
Ideal job for me
Hostess (Part-time) (Current Employee), Morristown, TNDecember 26, 2014
Pros: tip pools, short shifts, flexible schedule
On a typical day it's moderately busy so between running the door and bussing tables it's enough to keep me on my toes but not enough to exhaust me, which is a perfect balance. I have learned that there is a lot more that goes in to working in the food industry and it can become stressful. My managers have been pretty respectful towards me, my co-workers, and guests. My co-workers have been pretty pleasant to work with and they are what makes my job enjoyable because we can have a laugh while still getting our job done. The only hard part about the job is being the only host on when business starts to pick up unexpectedly at the beginning of a shift and you are the only one running the door and bussing tables until the next host comes on.

1 2 3 4 5

About O'Charley's

O’Charley’s Restaurant + Bar is known for offering good food, good times and some of the most awesome job opportunities – Read more

O'Charley's Salaries