O'Charley's

O'Charley's Employer Reviews

Productive and Exciting Place to Work
Server (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYDecember 31, 2014
Pros: half off the entire menu, ability to trade shift/flexible schedule, good money especially on the weekends and free pie wednesday
Cons: employees don't get free pie on free pie wednesday.
I worked at O'Charley's as a server for nearly two years and when I found another job I was able to continue working there by picking up shifts at my leisure! The food is amazing and fresh and the place is really clean, and O'Charley's maintains high standards that allow the employees to work effectively.
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE DRIVEN
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 29, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY AT O'CHARLEY'S WAS 10-12 HOURS LONG. I WAS PART OF A 4 MANAGER TEAM, 3 ASSISTANT MANAGERS AND A GENERAL MANAGER. MY COWORKERS WERE PLEASANT. HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS THE HOURS COUPLED WITH THE TRAVEL TIME TO AND FROM HOME. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS INTERACTING WITH AND BUILDING MY TEAM.
Ideal job for me
Hostess (Part-time) (Current Employee), Morristown, TNDecember 26, 2014
Pros: tip pools, short shifts, flexible schedule
On a typical day it's moderately busy so between running the door and bussing tables it's enough to keep me on my toes but not enough to exhaust me, which is a perfect balance. I have learned that there is a lot more that goes in to working in the food industry and it can become stressful. My managers have been pretty respectful towards me, my co-workers, and guests. My co-workers have been pretty pleasant to work with and they are what makes my job enjoyable because we can have a laugh while still getting our job done. The only hard part about the job is being the only host on when business starts to pick up unexpectedly at the beginning of a shift and you are the only one running the door and bussing tables until the next host comes on.
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Fleming Island, FLDecember 21, 2014
Pros: incentive contests
Cons: healthcare
Fast-paced restaurant with a lot of incentives for employees. They have an excellent training program for servers. The most enjoyable part of this job were the guests. I learned how to be more efficient in being a waitress as well as how to carry trays!
Okay Place to Work
Hostess/Take Out Server (Former Employee), Corydon, INDecember 13, 2014
Pros: lots of hours available
Cons: no breaks, little pay
Little Pay
Little Willingness to Work With Other Schedules
Productive and Fun
Server (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 10, 2014
Very good place to work majority of management friendly and helpful. Very fast paced environment
family-friendly environment
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GADecember 6, 2014
Pros: employee discounts on meals
Cons: lots of sidework
I generally liked working at O'Charley's. I have been with the company for 3 years. I am looking to change venues. Just think it is time for a change.
Solid company with a clear vision
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee), Canton, GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: healthcare provided, generous vacation time
Cons: hard to balance life/work
A good place to work. Most leadership is very clear in what is expected. It's a company with a very clear direction of where they want to go
fast casual dining, $2.5 million per year, great concept
Managing Partner (Former Employee), Roanoke, VANovember 14, 2014
I started with O'Charley's right out of college. It is a great company to be employed. I learned everything from the front of the house to the back of the house. My staff levels I maintained below 100% turnover.
Kept you on your toes
Server, Shift Leader, Bartender, Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Richmond, INNovember 10, 2014
Did my first internship there. Learned basic operations of food service management. Inventory food cost, served guests, bartender and trained new hires
Productive and fun workplace.
Hostess (Current Employee), Canton, GANovember 3, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: i don't make enough money.
O'charley's is a good and fun work environment. I work with a lot of good people and the management actually care about you. I've learned a lot about the food industry. I love the friendships i have made!
O'charley's was an o.k.place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Orlando,FLOctober 15, 2014
It is a "what have you done for me lately" type of place. They dont care what you did for them last month or last week just what have you done for me lately.
Great work place
Regional HR Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2014
Talent Acquisition and Planning, Personnel Development, Retention Practices, Legal Compliance Issues, Employee Relations, Succession Planning, Complaint Resolution, Managerial Support, Training and Development, Policy Administration, Recruiting, Coaching and Counseling.
I hated it
Guest Assistant (Former Employee), Champaign, ILOctober 6, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: management and immature coworkers
I was stuck standing at the front door to greet guests, rarely allowed to move around restaurant. The management team was never on the same page, all but one of them continuously took over my job to the point of not needing me there. I loved most of the people I worked with, they made it fun and relaxed. The hardest part of my job was keeping my mouth shut when it came to the managers.
Prodcutive and fun workplace with staff members.
Hostess (Current Employee), Fort Oglethorpe, GAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: 50% off if you work that day and come in and eat.
Cons: no breaks.
A typical day at work. If you open O'Charley's then you have to come in quite early. Your duties are to get all the menu's ready to go. You are in charge of making sure all spray bottles are full so the staff can clean their tables. You need to make sure plates and silverware and ready at the front lobby. Clean the door windows, and walk around the store and make sure all windows are cleaned. You need to check the bathroom's and make sure toilet paper and paper towels are in their. And then when it's time, you unlock the front door. We have a rotation and that's so our staff get's equally sat. And I walk the customers to their assigned table sit them with menu's and let the server know they have a party. I also answer the phone up front, and sometimes plan parties. I learned that hosting takes a lot of concentration. The hardest part of the job, is when we get slammed and tables need to be cleaned so we can sit people. The most enjoyable part of the day is when we come off our rush, and have a hour left of work.
Hostess (Former Employee), Dothan, ALOctober 1, 2014
fast pace
good management
good people to work with
good food
Fun workplace!
Hostess (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: meeting new people!
Cons: not enough hours to be worked!
I enjoyed working there! The staff that I worked with felt like family and I got to meet new people on a daily basis!
Poor place to be
service Manager (Former Employee), OhioSeptember 29, 2014
The job was not very nice the staff was great the managers on the other hand were bad and upper managment had no standard for any rule there were always 5 ways to do it right. I worked 6 weeks in a row on my day off and had to go in after close to clean because the other managers wouldnt make the staff do it
relaxed atmosphere
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch
Cons: short breaks
taking care of the customers and keeping them happy. management was always very efficient. my co-workers always kept it interesting.
productive, pushed too hard
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: work/life balance
Changed corporate leadership too often trying to find its identity in the casual dining market.

1 2 3 4 5