O'Connor & Associates Employee Reviews

O'Connor
Binding Arbitration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2017
There is a definite ceiling to advancement at O'Connor. Many of us got the impression that the firm may have been struggling to stay in operation. Not so good.
Unprofessional management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
I was treated unfairly because I was working there for 9 months through a temp agency, and suddenly, I was taken off of the assignment at O'Connor for 'unsatisfactory work performance' They trained us on an assessment we had to take and pas in order to keep the job, but even though I'd passed t with a good score, the supervisors there terminated me for no logical reason. I had explained this to my recruiter, and she didn't understand why they were so backward-thinking, but still had to take me off of the assignment.
Pros
Cons
favoritism, unprofessional, unhelpful
Young firm based in Chicago in the Options business.
Securities Lending Dept. Mgr. (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2017
Entrepreneurial firm with a great work ethic. I implemented the Securities Lending business in New York. The department was profitable the first two years but was then beset by an industry-wide scandal that critically damaged our business resulting in our closure.
Pros
Great entrepreneurial environment.
Cons
too small to survive a "tsunami".
Great Team Work
ACCOUNT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
>Micro Managed by non management
-Ive grown and learned a lot in Property/Federal Tax
-Management is great
-Warm & stress at the same time (if that makes since)
-Being micro managed
-I smile every day
Pros
the people i work with are amazing
Cons
to many chiefs
productive
Scanning Clerk, Legal Support (Seasonal Employee) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2017
nice to work there. fast pasted very friendly people to work with, and i learned a lot. that is all i have to say.

Pros
positions
Cons
employees
Stressful and Cut Throat Environment
Data Entry Clerk and Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77018May 18, 2017
Very stressful and cut throat environment, felt like a robot instead of an employee. Micromanage, people would try to get other employees in trouble, timed breaks right down to the second.
Pros
Cons
Terrible environment
nothing
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2017
For the time being it was an okay place to work. I mean it would be much better had it been people who hadn't been so immature and willing to do their job instead of speak on people they know nothing about.
Good Place To Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2016
Very good place to work...all the employees are really easy to get along with and HR is such an easy person to speak with and very knowedgeable...none of the supervisors micro manage
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
low wages and no health benefits
Productive and fun place to Work
IT Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2016
One of the best places to work. O'Connor and Associates treats you like family and knows how to take care of you. Great place to work if you believe in team work and like meeting new people.
Pros
Amazing Management Team and Great Co - Workers
Cons
The Hours
new sales department
Sales Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2016
It was exciting to be part of a new division at this company. As sales coordinator, a lot of procedures had to be put in place. I was able to provide input and have a say in how the department would progress,
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
Productive work place
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2015
Productive work place. Very customer friendly, great hours and location. Seems to get the job done very understanding and cares about the customer. Professional environment.
Cool workplace for the most part. Just very unorganized.
Property Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
Overall, the company did a poor job of giving any job security/stability and there was never any consistentce in any of the departments. Managers were understanding and good people, but hadn't gotten the organizational part together at all.
Assisting Customer with help lowering their property taxes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2015
Allow customers to provide information pertaining to home and property. Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and services, to take orders or cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2015
I'd arrive 10 minutes before clock-in time so i can mentally prepare myself. I love jobs that give me the chance to grow and that's what each job taught me.The management was challenging but what is life without challenge? they pushed me and helped me advance in my social and work skills.
Pros
great salary
Cons
short work days
Relaxed environment.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2014
Perfect job for college intern. Flexible environment, and opportunity for lots of overtime during busy season.
The Management Sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2014
The worst 5 months of my life! The management needs training before they can train, duh!
Cons
Work here if you like working where no one knows what they are doing.
legal (Former Employee) –  HoustonMay 13, 2014
worked in the legal department and they had no idea what they were doing. Everyone is thrown in to do a job with no training, on going changes without advising the employee what is going on, communication sucksand ongoing lies of how the company is doing. No wonder HCAD hates O'Connor & Associates so much. I feel bad for anyone who uses them .
The legal department is fairly new, and to cover a managers own tail, they will write up and take down anyone.
Good luck.
Awesome Place to work lots of fun
Information Records Clerk/ Scanner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2013
The Company great to work for but is a seasonal positions at times so you could be lay-off at the end of the tax season. But it still pans out the company call you back in to work during peak season
Was allowed to take initiative on projects and worked with little direction
Public Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2013
Created SEO articles related to the company's services and created a database of publications/organizations to publish those articles.
Worked closely with top executives to create content for these articles.

Created press releases on company events or any other company-related news. Wrote e-newsletters and attended and covered company luncheons to write an press release on key note speaker.

As a result of my media marketing SEO efforts, the company realized an increase in Google search rating to number 2 with some specific key words. This effect provided the company with more clients and thus profits.
Pros
Worked with little direction
Cons
none really
Ok enviroment
Bilingual Cust Serv/ Call Center (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2013
we assisted customer with questions about their homes taxes.

I would learn every day about appraisal value of homes.
Pros
learn about taxes
Cons
no opportunities of growing or moving up