O'Connor Hospital

O'Connor Hospital Employee Reviews

Caring environment, patient comfort centered
ECG Technician (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Spiritually Oriented type of care
Cons: Due to finacial woes, equipment/software isn't as current as it could be
O'Connor hospital is a spiritually care-oriented hospital. The patient's emotional comfort is treated with as much importance as their physical comfort. Patient's desires for spiritual care are top priority, and any concerns/wishes are met to the best of the hospital's ability.
High Quality
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 17, 2015
O'Connor Hospital provides high quality patient care with personality. The organization cares intently, not only about their patients but about their staff. Doctors are eager to provide education for growth to the nursing staff and value the staffs opinion.
Love the DOCH mission and the hard working nurses and physicians . Being part of a very diverse community
Physician Relations Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: working with a wide verity of people.
Cons: our hospital system is up for sale
Supporting CBDO in achieving departmental goals and objectives. Re-establishing business relationships with existing members of OCH Medical Staff and establishing new business relationships with specific physicians identified to be candidates for affiliation with the DCHS Medical Foundation. Help physicians to utilize the services at OCH or its affiliates. Serve as a champion to resolve any operational issues and provide timely responses on those resolutions back to physicians. Develop and maintain a network of relationships with leaders, within the medical community, involved in the integrated network of physicians. Act as the liaison to the medical staffing office. Assisting with physician on-boarding process. Provide physician orientation. Develop and maintain relationships with assigned physicians. Conduct on-site provider visits with physicians and practice managers to gain recognition of key issues and ensure effective problem resolution. Coordinate ongoing education to physicians and office staff. Meet with physicians and staff to discuss utilization, participation, patient satisfaction and provide support and recommendations for improvements. Identify opportunities and driving membership growth with current physicians and recruitment of new physicians. Maintain positive business relationships to ensure retention of existing providers, therefore, decreasing the potential membership loss due to provider terminations. Ensure all credentialing and credentialing information is received in a timely manner. Physician Relations Manager plays a large part in customer service, – more... (with the physicians as the "customer"), part sales, part consultant, and a few other roles mixed in. Goal is to help strengthen the relationship between physicians and the hospital or medical facility. By maintaining an open line of communication with physicians, hospital systems in hope to maintain and grow their patient referral base as well. Key factor for a Physician Relations Manager is to visit physicians' offices regularly with updates on hospital services, and to make sure that the physicians have been happy with the hospital's level of care after recent referrals.
Working with physicians is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the job. Feeling empowered to help build relationships between the hospital administration and our staff physicians. Enjoying the latitude to act as a representative of the hospital and seeing how these efforts directly impact the overall financial performance of the hospital.
Greatly enjoy the responsibility of marketing newly employed physicians and their practices to the patient population in the area.
A Physician Relations Manager has the ability to maintain synergy and unity among the various departments and service lines. Keeping internal customers, i.e. nurses, physicians, case managers, service line directors, and support staff to understand how they all play a critical role in the success of the hospital and to physician satisfaction and patient care. It is important in this position to get everyone on the same page and exposes all of the key stakeholders with in a hospital system; building relationships with people who can help make changes and advance forward. – less
Feindly and productive
Enrollment and Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CaNovember 19, 2014
I love working for this place.Everyone is friendly and professional, I enjoy coming her to work everyday.
A place to work and call home
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: management is quite flexible to the needs of their associates as far as scheduling
Cons: breaks can be off schedule at times due to work load
as i always say when training new employees, welcome to "our kitchen", this workplace possesses the CAN DO mentality where nearly everyone can do each others duties. everyday we are assigned a task to do to equally manage the workflow but just as one is out or on break, there are several others who can step up and captain the ship. which is why i compare the workplace to a kitchen, some may be asked to chop ingredients but that doesn't mean that's all we can do, we can all cook when the situation calls for it. i've learned the importance of effective communication both verbal and written especially when ending a shift and conveying work that needs to be given utmost attention during the next shift. it is important to put aside differences and combine positive and attainable goals for the department for the week. it helps everyone grow as a group and become team mates on the same page. the patient safety is the most important! my co-workers are my colleagues/team mates and i treat them with the most respect and they are the most enjoyable part of work, because they are my immediate support system when the going gets tough. a typical day can start off with several patients coming in for fasting blood work, ER calling for lab to draw a hard stick patient, an operator paging a code BLUE while the phones are ringing and no one is there to answer other than you who is already helping the first patient of the day... the good news is there is almost always someone who will step in and help with a call or at least help get patients settled and provide assurance that we will get to them – more... as quickly as possible. a day will never go by perfectly but with the sensitivity to help coworkers in any way, it is the most rewarding. a day may be rough where a patient might have spoken ill words towards me or someone else. we cheer up one another and offer our coworker the option that we can draw that patient if he or she is not comfortable. our place of work is pretty much a place we can also call home in our department. – less
new enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: frindly work anvutomedt
ADL's, medication administration. same as listed for Elmhurst hospital.
a very good hospital to work for; nurses treat their patients with respect
Student Nurse (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 17, 2014
This hospital is committed to serving the sick and the poor. Their mission is to provide a comprehensive, excellent health care that is compassionate and attentive to the whole person.The nurses are very gentle and kind to their patients. During my clinical rotation, the nurses were very helpful and I would like to work in this hospital if given a chance.
Great employees
Team Member (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 11, 2014
Hours are extremely rough however the fellow employees are great.
Emergency Registration Clerk (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 2, 2014
Would work there again, I prefer to work in a different department.
A good place to work
Nursing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Delhi, NYNovember 16, 2013
Pros: the best part..........cookies at pay day
I have a wonderful boss who is very flexible. The staff is very good to work with. I hate taking minutes for meetings, and unfortunately that is a duty I deal with regularly.
Hands down my favorite job
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 9, 2013
Pros: interesting, pleasant place to work, paid well
Worked in a satellite pharmacy - most time spend on floor with patients and medical staff. Lots of clinical experience. Learned a lot from physicians and nurses. Very interesting setting.
Progressive hospital where Respiratory Therapist's can use skills
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 15, 2013
If you are a Respiratory Therapist then this is the place you want to work. Therapist's here can use skills learned in school, such as intubation, arterial line insertion, aggressive weaning protocols. The department allows for self-scheduling, always a plus.
Working with the Operating Room Team
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 9, 2013
Working with the operating room team was a great experience. I learned a lot from the preceptor scrub, nurses, and doctors. Assisting in many type of surgeries like general, gyn, endoscopy, and some minor ortho was an opportunity of success. All the learning from tech school gave me what I needed to perform well. That is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Diet Clerk
Diet Clerk (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 8, 2013
Typical day at work here wasn't too stressful but can be at times, the job demands a lot of time which is not a problem but does demand a lot of focus. Management was very nice and hands on with help.
Excellece
CNO/COO (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 1, 2013
Great work experience. Very supportive, mission driven organization
was shot term
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose,CaMay 28, 2013
Pros: knowledge and great people
Cons: shot term
I enjoyed working in the medical industry . It was my first time hands on in the field . I loved every minute of it . I gained a lot of knowledge and experience . I look forward to the next chance i get to work as a medical assistant . I can only hope that it will be in a place like this again.
Great place to work and very understanding management
PBX Operator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: per-diem schedule
The supervision/management is very understanding. Great atmosphere to work in.
Great first job for new grads
Staff RN, ICU / CCU (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 25, 2012
Pros: excellent training, benefits, good teamwork
Cons: n/a
I really liked my job at O'Connor. I trained to be an ICU/CCU RN while at this facility. The manager was a woman of her word. All of the verbal promises were put down on paper in black & white, and everything was done with "NO" breach of contract. I had excellent preceptors, and the hospital was geared toward training & supporting their staff for better patient outcomes. I left O'Connor trying to get a job in Stanford's Cardiac ICU, but I ended up at El Camino with a promise for Balloon pump training.