O'Connor Hospital Employee Reviews

fllexible
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95128July 4, 2017
positive place to work at. Management is very supportive and the staff from environmental services to the CEO are very friendly. Everyone works as a team.
Good Community hospital
Interim nurse educator (Former Employee) –  San Jose CAApril 27, 2017
As an interim employee I have not been at O'Connor for a long time but I have been at many other hospitals so I can compare O'Connor to others. I find O'Connor to be a very patient centered facility with exceptional and friendly staff. If I needed hospitalization I would choose O'Connor.
Pros
Very competent medical staff
Incredible Working and Learning environment
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 24, 2017
I have learned so much about the Nursing field as well as the Hospital and how the daily operations work. I have learned how to work with Nurses, Doctors and most importantly helping the patients. I feel as if the jobs I'm doing to assist to Nurses, help me develop my skills as a student who will be pursing this career in the future.
Great working enviroment
Registraton Clerk/Nursing Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delhi, NYApril 11, 2017
I worked at O'Connor for almost 9 yrs and it really was a good to place to work. I worked front desk registering patients for appointments and verified patient demographics. My department was always a fun loving and my co-workers overall are nice environment. O'Connor has a good management team. Hardest part of the job remembering all of the different insurance plans. Best part of my job was the cookies on payday.
Pros
Cookies on payday
Cons
Healthcare
Difficult working environment after sale by Dtrs of Charity
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 23, 2017
Environmental Services Dept works hard and accomplishes their daily tasks while maintaining a positive, friendly attitude towards all other hospital personnel and patients.
Good
N/A (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 23, 2017
The hospital is turning around. Overall great place to work. Great work/life balance, benefits, and compensation. New management gives room for growth.
productive and busy with lots to learn
E.D. Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day at work was always a busy day.
I learned how an emergency department was run and how to conduct myself in emergency situations.
management was hands on and patient my training.
hardest part of the job was learning everything which as also the most enjoyable part of the job.
great co-workers.
Great place to work before was bought out from the Daughter's of Charity
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 6, 2017
I loved working here, one of my favorite places of employment. The staff and management were great to work with, along with the growth opportunities. Since being bought out by CHW, it went downhill. Haven't been there in awhile, but I hope it's changed.
O'Connor Hospital
CNA / Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  O'Connor, NEJanuary 6, 2017
O'Connor Hospital was a non Profit Hospital, they did a lot for the community. First time I have ever worked at a Catholic Hospital, but the experience allowed me to humble my self as a person. A lot of different ups and down working with a non profit hospital, but as a team we overcame so many difficult situations
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Laid off due to budget cuts
Family Oriented
PROJECT MANAGER / TECHNICAL WRITER / TRAINER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Very friendly, professional staff at all levels. O'Connor feels more like a home rather than a hospital. It was definitely the one hospital I encouraged friends and family to go to as a patient, if ever needed.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 20, 2016
Staffing is very friendly, we get good reviews from patients who have there babies in O'Connor. I love my co-workers, we work as a team helping each other. If you are looking for a job, here is the place.
my process of writing the resume was easy
Hospital Chaplain (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 12, 2016
Wonderful and caring people to work with. I really enjoy working here. I feel at home and learned much by working here for 16 years as a chaplain.
Productive place
Lab Assistant II/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 26, 2016
A lot of growth opportunity. Friendly environment. Stress-free. Everyone is very kind and helpful. The techs (Clinical Laboratory Scientist) are very helpful and open to answer anything questions in the laboratory.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
schedule varies
O'Connor
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 26, 2016
I was given this position when I was in High School. I was in school half the morning then worked in the hospital the rest of the day. It was one of the best experiences I could ask for. It gave me a sense of direction and responsibility, and really helped me gain knowledge of what career path I wanted to choose.
Fun Place to Work
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 6, 2016
A lot of things to be learned and fun place to work. Benefits and compensations are good. Safe place to work and very detailed.
Good placce to worked
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 1, 2016
I worked for O'Connor hospital in Outpatient Clinic The Family Medicine residency Program , it was a challenge every year, new residents , teaching them how the clinic works ,all the instruments , it was really fun ,I enjoy every single year that I worked there ,
Pros
Worked Monday to Friday
Good People
Account Mgr for Security.Safety, Emergency Mgmt (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 16, 2016
A very rewarding job and some good people work here.
Every day has different challenges in terms of visitors, patients and staff.
Worst place ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Worked with upper management, CEO,VP's. It is just like high school at the top. Gossip all the way around from one VP to another. If this is how they run the company it will filter down into the hospital staff. They curse at one another, they talk behind each other backs it is horrible and despicable for what is supposed to be a professional company and hospital.
Cons
VP of Admininstrative Service is the worst of all
Fun place to work at learned a lot of stuff.
Externship Training, Sterile Processing (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 15, 2015
Supervisor taught me a lot of stuff that I didn't know, was really positive. Other co-workers were really easy to get along on the first day of work. Really faced paced on Fridays.
Pros
Cheap lunch, cafeteria was in walking distance, very friendly work place.
Many opportunities for learning.
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 18, 2015
Learned a lot from my clinical rotation here. The telemetry unit is where I spent most of my time caring for patients. The staff was very willing to help each other out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Connor Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4