O'Melveny & Myers LLP Employee Reviews

Perfectionist
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2017
In regards to the Litigation Paralegal Department -- They require perfection, any mistakes you've made within your first three months is held against you during your reviewing process and may terminate your employment. Mistakes are not tolerated. Attorneys are always right in the eyes of Management.

Colleagues were "let go" without prior notice, simply because they weren't liked by attorneys they've worked with witching a month or two of being hired.
Pros
Office space and location.
Cons
No job security.
nice place to work
Special Counsel - Labor and Employment Department (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 10, 2017
one of the best national law firms; excellent quality attorneys; nice work atmosphere; I have the highest regard for this law firm
No advancent or professional development for staff
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 19, 2016
This place is great if you don't plan on learning or advancing. It's comfortable but with no real mobility for the staff primarily. Too much beucracy and layers of inefficient mangers. The firm promotes segregation and disperate treatment between staff and associates and views this as some type of prestige. For example, staff is not allowed to use the same dinning area as associates, paid medical leaves for attorneys only and professional development is reduced to awkward happy hours. This is a short term place but if you are slightly ambitious, I suggest you leave.
Cons
Pathetic management and inefficient procedures enforced
Stay away from the DC office, Run!!!!
Legal staff (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 27, 2015
This firm was once great, but over time it has gone down hill. They refuse to hire and they prefer to spread their employees thin and the morale is terrible.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No advancement, poor morale
Great place to work!
Legal Secretary-Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoJanuary 28, 2015
Fantastic culture.... enjoyed my time with them. Everyone from the partners to the clerks were appreciated and the environment was such that you wanted to come to work each day and do your best.
Pros
Perks
Cons
NA
Mostly a positive place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
I was responsible for answering phones, scheduling conference rooms, reserving cars and assisting clients during meetings. Most co-workers were pleasant.
Pros
Hours
productive and excellent place to work
Of counsel (Current Employee) –  new york, new yorkOctober 14, 2014
excellent work and first-rate attorneys; well managed firm;
Good, solid law firm. Excellent reputation.
Catering Manager/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 24, 2014
Typical day at work, come in and do the job you've been doing forever. No surprises. Coworkers pleasant, atmosphere old-school, but I enjoy that. Hardest part of the job: Finding enough work to keep you occcupied.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Boring, dry work
Monthly lunch for support staff
LEGAL SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 4, 2014
Because the attorney I was assigned to travel extensively, most of my time was spent getting her on planes, booked in hotels, and setting up conference logistics.

Co-workers, some of the best people to work with.
Great firm! Great people! Loved working there!
Attorney Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2013
I have never worked so many hours as I did at O'Melveny. But I really enjoyed my work there and learned everything I know from that job. When I left to move on to another position, I felt very appreciated by the attorneys that I worked with. A great firm with a stellar reputation!!
Top-notch litigation powerhouse with great culture
Litigation Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2013
O'Melveny has a consistent supply of interesting and challenging work, and provides junior associates with opportunities to take real ownership of, and responsibility for, matters.
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2012
O'Melveny is a great place to work. The people are hard working, the work is challenging and the environment is very pleasant. The firm does a good job of promoting events on-site, in an effort to get all employees to mingle. Communication is more transparent than in other companies I have worked for. O'Melveny is a first-class firm.
Pros
benefits, pay, people
Mail Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2012
An excellent place to work with loving co-workers, which make your days go by fast.
A very productive and friendly law-firm
Summer Supplemental (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2012
As a Summer Intern I had the privilege to rotate through four different departments and understand how the firm works. This was a great opportunity to network and really find a place that fits my needs. The staff was very friendly to interns and it was a conducive environment to grow.
Pros
great staff and management, educational and fun meetings
Cons
can get very busy with very irregular breaks