O'Reilly's Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Fast pace and constant deliveries
Delivery Driver/Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
I learned more about the parts of vehicles than I knew before. A typical workday involved me delivering parts on multiple stop and collecting money for C.O.D.s. I may have to pick up something for one business and deliver it to another one of their locations. My coworkers were alright, but I really did not have much time to talk with them. Hardest part of the job was understanding what part a customer was looking for if they did not know what it was. Most enjoyable part of my job was being out and doing something making the day go by.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Stocking
O'Reilly's is a company to work for.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 27, 2016
The manager is very young and inexperienced as a manager. He lacks leadership skills that would make a comfortable work environment.
Pros
O'Reilly's is a strong company
Cons
The equipment and computer programs is outdated
fun work place.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJanuary 25, 2016
great starting job for anyone willing to get started in the work force. some managers can be over the top at times but majority of people who work there are customer friendly, and also are good co-workers for the most part.
Good first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJanuary 21, 2016
I worked at the oreillys in Muskogee straight out of high school. I was the typical parts kid that I hate to talk to now that I'm older.
Job was nothing to brag about. Just your average entry level deadened job.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Good customers, Good environment
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worth, ILJanuary 11, 2016
Sold and delivered automotive parts. I learned various different parts and standards of vehicles. Good management, but very little to no opportunities to advance within the company. Good coworkers. Overall an easy job, that required organization and knowledge of different automotive parts. Worked near fulltime hours, but was always cut short, to always be maintained a part time employee. Was hired with knowledge of full time hours, but was kept as part time.
Pros
Worked with Vehicles, Good Environment.
Cons
No full time
Energetic, Busy work place
Warehouse Technician/Driver Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2016
While employed with O'Reilly's Auto Parts I very much enjoyed also, highly appreciated the opportunity given to learn all that is to know about automotive. The crew member team was fast, fun, and the overall experience was great!
Pros
Discounted auto parts
Cons
Hours cut when business slow
Fun and very busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Roads, LADecember 29, 2015
It was a laid back kind of job until customers came in all at one time. It was fun though. I liked when it was busy because it gave me work to do. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of work to do when there wasn't any customers but I liked the interaction with different people on a daily basis.
Pros
commission was great
Cons
standing for long my feet ached
Part time for college
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  White Lake, MIDecember 17, 2015
Working for O'Reilly's Auto Parts was a great part time job while I was furthering my college education in automated systems and robotics.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, ARNovember 29, 2015
Overall good place to work but they are not competitive in their market as pertaining to wages. Many of the same local trade industries pay quite a bit higher and have better benefit packages.
A good work environment.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIOctober 19, 2015
Good place to work if you are only looking for part-time employment. Also great for learning about customer service and auto parts.
Pros
Great customer base
Cons
Not a full-time employer
Better compensation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 14, 2015
This is a great company, I was just looking for something with better compensation and looking to be appreciated a little more.
decent job with decent pay
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXOctober 5, 2015
i only worked here for about 3 months. Got my hours cut constantly as they hired new employees practically every day. The co workers were very friendly, maybe a little too friendly if you catch my drift. I could not take it anymore, so i left the job and became unemployeed
O'reilly's
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2015
Highs and lows. Commission not at all great. Low wages. Poor management. Dirty job. In store technology not up to date. Although good job to have if you do a lot of car repair.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management
Great part-time job while attending college.
Cashier/Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 24, 2015
Great first job with various responsibilities. Good amount of hours throughout the week. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with what they needed.
Helped customers with parts
Front Counter Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, MISeptember 20, 2015
Answered phones and helped customers with finding parts for their vehicles. Management was very nice to work for. They had a very flexible schedules working around other scheduling conflicts.
Unfortunately, it's not a place that I would like to continue working at, due to inconsistancies with management.
Deliver Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNSeptember 20, 2015
Typically, my job description is Delivery Parts Specialist, which gives me the opportunity to deliver parts to commercial accounts. Unfortunately, my boss has taken advantage of the fact that I have given of my time and efforts and I have allowed myself to do many other jobs around the store that have given him the opportunity to take it more easier around the store; putting more strain on myself, because of deadlines. I never mind the ability to work and learn new positions within the workplace, but I don't like to feel the resentment of having someone taking advantage of someone that they know they are already paying lower than they know they should be getting paid but then also taking advantage of them at the same time. The other problem is that when I finally find out from my District Manager that I should never have been doing those jobs and that those are his responsibilities and then because he was given a reprimand of the situation, he decided to cut my hours, which as a single mother, I can't afford to have happen.

We have also had issues with our manager that was reported by our entire staff and handled through our District manager and he was given a final right up, regarding his destructive attitude, anger issues and poor management skills.

It's an all around situation that shouldn't happen. I am worth much more than I am being dealt and I my work ethic is impeccable. I wish to show those that are seeking employable prospects my efforts in working for their team and allowing for them to see how well I can work in their atmosphere.
Pros
Employees are wonderful to work with and I enjoy their enjoyable attitude.
Cons
No ability for full time. Boss with poor work ethics and major anger issues.
fun workplace
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 13, 2015
overall fun workplace and got to learn lots of parts which helped me advance in my career in the automotive and diesel industry
unsafe working conditions
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2015
Work and Customer Safety needs to be more of a Priority.
Co workers were excellent.
Customers were excellent.
Pay was OK.
Hours were Good.
Management was Experienced and Competent
Leadership and responsibility
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 13, 2015
O'Reilly's was a great learning experience for me because I had the opportunity to learn how to lead people of all different personality types. To be responsible for paperwork, payroll, inventory, hiring, scheduling, and customer service.
Pros
Teaching customers about their vehicles, being in automotive environment
Cons
Pay, late nights and early mornings
Fun, Great coworkers
Customer service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2015
This company enhanced my customer service skills. It was a very hands on position where a certain amount of sales was expected. It was definitely was a great way to be more comfortable engaging customers in conversation while opening dialog in regard to the companies products and services.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
No benefits, very low wage