O'Reilly Auto Parts

O'Reilly Auto Parts Employer Reviews

A company with lots of potential to be great
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: mostly daytime shifts and alternate weekends off
Cons: extra long shifts with no regular breaks
The store ran pretty lean everyday, which was great for payroll. Everyone in the store had several responsibilities and knew what they were and how to complete them. My store management team was pretty inexperienced, but we managed together. I learned that listening to customers is the most important trait to have in customer service. The hardest part – more... was trying to interpret what rules were in effect, because they seemed to change quite often. The most enjoyable part was seeing the faces of satisfied customers and talking to them, and building work relationships with them. – less
Installer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 18, 2014
Pulled customer orders and shipped them accordingly. Would love to work there again. Was just temp help for the summer
Fun employees to work with
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Everett, WAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: not enough hours
Stock shelves every time new product comes in. Work the cash registers. Help customers with their batteries and light bulbs, check engine codes when pop up. Deliver parts to commercial customers on a fast pace and on time. Build pallets when old and stock lifts needed to be done. Help out other employees when they are lost on how to do the work. the – more... manager he is a hard working leader and helps when needed. the hardest part of the job is trying to find parts when looked everywhere three times and still cant find it. the enjoyable part it feels like home environment. You can trust the co workers. – less
Tight cultured company with a passion for customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Royal Oak, MIAugust 14, 2014
Strongly enjoy the environment, the people, the culture, and the customers. Lot's of room for advancement and great benefits.
Good stepping stone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2014
good practice of customer service and knowledge on parts
fast pace, long hours and customers
Get everything in writing
Retail Service Specialist (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIAugust 12, 2014
Overall a good company, but they do not always follow through with hiring agreements
Job security with horrible pay
Installer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2014
Pros: you could stay forever
Cons: low pay
Although it may be difficult to lose your job it is also difficult to maintain a lifestyle. If you never want to get fired or worry about layoffs its a great place to work, unless you have a mortgage car payments and children. They don't pay very well to start off and raises are unheard of unless you are moving up.
Big company good people. but lower managment was not the best.
Customer Service/ Parts Expert (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: employee bbq's monthly
Cons: clueless management
I got raises, & good people, But the lower management really didn't let the employees know what was going on in order to fix or improve the store.
O'reilly
Auto Parts Retail Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Seneca, MOAugust 3, 2014
A great place to start your automotive parts career. Great environment to learn as well as educate others.
not much growth
Front counter/Driver (Former Employee), Baker, LAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and networking
Cons: too little pay
The company in itself isnt at the top of my list for advancing in life. Too much to do with too little pay.
Worked here while recovering from disability
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Brownsburg, INAugust 1, 2014
Pros: hours were flexible
Cons: many times no lunch breaks
Low paying delivery job. I did this type of work as part of my recovery from open heart surgery. Management and co-workers were OK for the most part. Please examine my work history previous to my heart surgery!
prepareing the store for the customers.
Team Lead Management (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: lunches & breaks
Cons: no health care. not very good benefits
preparing the store for the customer.helping the customers for what project they are working on. helping coworker help the customers. clean the store prepare to close the stores.
Driving outside
Driver-trainer (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 28, 2014
Pros: being outside
Cons: no benefits
Working outside in all weather was great, I like to drive. I got along with everyone and there was enough work to keep busy. The hardest part was there was no benefits and only part-time hours.
Great first timer job
Parts Specialist (Current Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIJuly 28, 2014
This is a great first job for new job seekers if you have a good knowledge for cars
O'reilly Auto Parts
Delivery Driver/Counter Sales (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 26, 2014
As a loyal and dedicated employee, I complete my task throughout the day delivering auto parts and stocking inventory. When I'm not delivering, I will increase productivity for the store by performing retail service. The most exciting part I enjoyed the most was driving, because it felt like an adventure to me. The most difficult part of the job is – more... having a strong knowledge of the vast varieties of auto parts as automotive technology upgrades. We all work as a team, and I enjoy working with my coworkers all the time. I admire my manager's honesty as part of our team because with his sense of humor, he knows when to get serious and take disciplinary action. From this occupation, I have learned a lot about automotive parts and realizing how much pride I take in delivering them promptly. – less
great customers... poor management
parts associate (Current Employee), palm harbor,floridaJuly 25, 2014
Pros: customers and fellow associates
Cons: non caring management
Customers are awesome.! Have gotten to know alot of them on a first name basis. Certain managers have a very self centered attitude and are rude to employees, and sometimes customers. Have gone to upper management to resolve these issues.... but nothing being done about it. Pay is low for what we do. Best thing is our customer base... they rock !
Difficult
Inventory Management and Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Santa Paula, CAJuly 21, 2014
Days at work are enjoyable. Management is one of the more difficult things to deal with. If management isn't there, nothing gets done. If management is there, nothing gets done. O'Reillys believes in treating people they way you would like to be treated, but this results in never letting anyone go or firing anyone (even when they destroy and damage – more... over $15,000 worth of equipment). There is also little room for growth. The best you can do is become a regional manager. If you want to work for corporate, which I would like to do, you would have to pack up your life and move to the middle of the country. – less
Productive andfun Work place
Sales person/ Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Amory, MSJuly 18, 2014
Typical day at work means climbing trains and inspecting cars.
I learn different route and locations trains take to deliver cars
parts tech
Parts Technician (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: incentive pay each month
Cons: rude customers
worked with customers stocking parts worked on computer some customers expect you to know everything off the top of your head
Lacks the potential for advancement that I require.
Hub Specialist (Current Employee), Anniston, ALJuly 16, 2014
Pros: i work days and its not a hard job.
Cons: rate of pay, advancement opportunities, 7 days a week schedules
This job has the typical interaction with customers as in any retail business. I have worked hard including giving up days off and the rewards have just not compensated me for my dedication. It is a good job for a student or retired person but not for anyone who needs to make decent money in order to provide for a family.

1 2 3 4 5

About O'Reilly Auto Parts

No need to jump O'Reilly Automotive's battery. The fast-growing company sells automotive aftermarket parts (both new and remanufactured), – Read more

O'Reilly Auto Parts Photos