O'Reilly Auto Parts

O'Reilly Auto Parts United States Employee Reviews

Under paid over worked
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Lake in the Hills, ILApril 24, 2015
Pros: if you drive...getting out of the store
Cons: if you're not a manager and like 8.50 an hour at 28 hours weekly, go for it
Unless you have a store management title this job is a waste of time and the pay scale is that of the great depression. There's absolutely no reason to work for this company unless you are given a management position right away, because there aren't any perks for the grunts below.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee), Stockton, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: DISCOUNTS ON OUR PARTS FOR OUR CARS
Cons: DON'T HAVE NONE
A HAPPY TO WORK FOR MY COMPANY BECAUSE IT A GOOD COMPANY AND IT OFFERS ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES.ALSO IT ALWAYS FUN AND PLEASANT TO INTERACT WITH NEW PEOPLE ON THE DAILY BASIS.
Retail is what it is
Retail Service Specialist (Current Employee), Ceres, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, 401k, job security
Cons: Wages, work schedules
Overall, the experience is not any different from most other retail jobs. One sees a variety of personalities during the day, and being that this is a business that deals in the automotive arena, there are numerous occasions in which a very unhappy customer is going to have to be dealt with. That is probably to most difficult aspect of the job, communicating with angry individuals, particularly is there is a perception that something we employees either did or provided did not meet with the customer's expectations, regardless of any other factors that may be involved. On the other hand, the customer who shows true, genuine appreciation for our efforts makes it worthwhile. If you are part of a team that supports each other and helps each other, (a true team) then you are in a good situation. Management is concerned with keeping the company profitable, which is the bottom line, but even in that regard, there are no negative issues and/or conflicts.
The learning experience is, and it comes from many years of experience and observation, that the compensation could be better, and a cost of living increase in wage would be greatly appreciated.,
I was a fun job
Sales associate (Former Employee), Carson City, NVApril 21, 2015
I was a fun job but it had its drawbacks like all retail sales jobs tend to have. I do not trust any management above store management however and feel that they are the biggest hindrance to the company.
decent business motto, but upper managemnet doesnt follow
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Lemon Grove, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: stable company
Cons: upper management has personal agenda
its an ok place to work for the team is awesome and at an executive level the company is great and has a good business culture but the upper management (regional and above) lose the culture and goal, they have their own agenda in mind and run the staff as they please not keeping in mind the companies goals or motto.
Good Job for someone looking for part time work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Decatur, ILApril 18, 2015
Pros: Good Coworkers, Knowledgable environment
Cons: Compensation, Understaffed
Good work environment among retail workers. Workers are happy to help new hires learn how to do their job effeciently. Lack of compensation hurts the turnover rate. Store is unable to keep Assistant Manager, Retail Service Specialist, or Counter workers for any extended period of time. Lack of employees often hurts scheduling for night and weekends which causes closing and weekend workers to not be able to properly help customers. Employees are often not given raises when promoted. The store has one of the worst raise rates in the area.
Great place to work while in school
Retail Service Specialist (Former Employee), Navasota, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, great team motivation
Cons: not enough benefits for part time workers
The best thing about this job is that they were flexible when it came to working around my school schedule. They also promote fast in this company which is really great.
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Katy, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: Pay
Great place to work. Opportunity to be productive and advance. Co-workers are pleasant and well as the customers. Easy going environment and great relationships made with customers.
Decent Company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits, experience
Cons: Long hours
O'Reilly Automotive is a decent company that prides itself on knowing what consumers want and need regarding their vehicles. The employees receive benefits if full time and easily can work themselves up in the company.

Typically, a job at O'Reilly Auto Parts keeps an employee busy. This isn't a desk job, rather you will be on your feet most of the time. The business revolves around customer service, loyalty and hard work.

A management position requires a lot of responsibility and a lot of hours. If a person expects to do a 9-5 or a simple 40 hour week, a management position would not be for them.
Short time work, long time thumb twidling
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Bay City, MIApril 14, 2015
Pros: Flexable hours
Cons: inconsistant weekly hour schetule
Long periods of standing around or performing the same redundant task with little to no progress, broken by short bursts of assisting customers with part selection, specific application look-ups, as well as minor repair advice or vehicle diagnostics.
Productive, High strung, organized.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee), Lake Stevens, WAApril 13, 2015
Typical day at work is rushing around. Always hustling to get parts for our customers as soon as we can and set them on their way. Working for this company, i have learned a great deal in regards to work ethic; doing my duties that are outlined by the manager and completing them by the end of shift. Helping customers to my fullest extent and getting them everything they need before walking out the door.
This company does not pay well
Night Manager (Current Employee), Rogers, ARApril 12, 2015
This job is very stressful. They have you working for little or no money. They have you completing many task with no money.
Good place to work with good management.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Belleville, MIApril 9, 2015
I worked at O'Reilly's Auto Part Detroit Distribution Center while I was going to college. They had good management and my coworkers were inviting and easy to learn from. They were understanding of my other obligations that I might have needed to tend to some days like taking tests for companies and so on and so forth. Overall it was a good place to work.
Productive workplace
Inbound Material Handler (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work was we started off with our daily stretch then we would get assigned our areas to work for the day. I learned how to operate an order picker and how to stock materials in an efficient manner. Had great co-workers to work with. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the stocking procedures. The most enjoyable was operating the orderpicker.
Good Compny
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXApril 4, 2015
Over all a good company to work for, has good benitfits, over all good management personal. Good co-worker great people to work with, hardest part was the travel to and from work, most enjoyable part was helping the customer solve their autoamotive problems
O'Reilly is a good company staffed by great people. They just don't pay the best.
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, MOApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time with O'Reilly, but living in the Ozarks you can't necessarily expect them to pay the best. The people are great and the company is definitely going places, but don't expect pay over the national average. Or near it.
Great company
Key Holder (Current Employee), Riverview, FloridaMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work is to help customers with finding them parts for their cars/trucks and sometimes other odd ball parts.
Best Auto Parts Retailer
Assistant Store Manager/Installer Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, MIMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Flexiblity
Cons: Working every weekend
O'Reilly Auto Parts has a awesome work culture. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to help people in need of auto parts experience
Fun, Hands-on, and Greasy!
Parts Specialist (Former Employee), Upland, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Fun atmosphere to work
Cons: Very little room to advance
Learned a significant amount of hands on skills and many common automotive maintenance and repairs. Primarily working with customers and as a result, employees there develop fine tuned customer service skills.
Productive and fun workplace
RETURNS MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEMarch 20, 2015
I got to learn more jobs and responsibilities over the time I was there, I will miss my co-workers,because they were good people to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About O'Reilly Auto Parts

No need to jump O'Reilly Automotive's battery. The fast-growing company sells automotive aftermarket parts (both new and remanufactured), – Read more

O'Reilly Auto Parts Salaries