O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 2,102 reviews matching the search
Worst Company
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKMarch 10, 2017
Awful place to work..They treat employees and customers badly.If your not their friend you won't have a job long...I called H.R to complain..They made up stories and fired me...I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone...there is no proper training..No respect..It's filthy and they are always mad about something...You will be promised full time but then only get part time..
Pros
You get a discount which is about regular price in other stores.
Cons
If you choose to never progress and want to become bitter and hateful
Customer service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMarch 12, 2017
Management is always willing hire anyone to keep overtime down the person may have little to no skills making there training hard for someone to learn. Traning is all computer basiced (this doesn't work for everyone). You spend most of the day looking up parts, cleaning the store and stocking. There is no room to move up even tho they will try and say that during your interview.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
long hours, no life balance, low pay
Retail Service Specialist
Retail Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMarch 2, 2017
O'Reilly is a good company to start with. The management is dedicated in providing training and support to team members. The employees are very professional and friendly as well as they are reliable and hardworking. If you are looking for a company that offers growth and opportunities then Oreillys is a good fit for you.

What I enjoyed the most is that you are not only bound to your store. They can send you to nearby store for training and also to help them. You meet people and you find new friends along the way.
Pros
Dedicated employees, good training, opportunity for advancement in career
automotive sales rep
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocotillo, AZFebruary 21, 2017
started off by taking training course for basic tasks like changing wiper blades, batteries and bulbs. But also showed how to use operating system for sales and orders.

workplace atmosphere was like a guys garage, which was cool, clowning around when we could and having fun while doing our job was great.

i was amazed to learn so many things about cars and what it needs to operate properly. And i would say that the hardest part of the job was turning rotors and manual labor to stock are oil jugs or drums.
Pros
40% discount on parts, retirement plans, learning about cars and parts
Cons
dangerous fumes and chemicals...at the time management
Fun work environment if one has a passion for cars
Parts Professional (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work was spent identifying, locating, and selling proper car parts to customers. I learned additional information about vehicles, as well as job practices and guidelines in the corporate work. The hardest part of the job was the daily rushes, when many people got off work and stopped by to pick up parts. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers identify products or solutions that could be applied to their vehicles to make them function properly.
High paced job. Heavy lifting on a continuous basis. Automotive knowledge is important.
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 26, 2017
Store level jobs offer no advancement. Pay levels are below standards. Revolving door. Always short staffed. A typical day includes answering calles from customers pricing parts and automotive questions. Help walk in customers with automotive questions and installing batteries, wiper blades,bulbs and doing various other automotive maintenance.
Pros
Hiring age started at 16 yrs. Lots of part time positions.
Cons
Low pay and less than .25 yearly raises. No flexibility with hours.
I don't think I am the best person to rate this experience
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIMarch 3, 2017
The job itself was a good job. I liked what I did.

The politics with the management staff was difficult to deal with.
You do not get a higher position on WHAT you know. It is WHO you know and hang out with, like high school. Which is not supposed to be the O'Reilly culture and really sad that it is this way. I guess it happens everywhere. Management does not practice what it preaches. This of course is NOT all management of O'Reilly Auto Parts Distribution Center.

Again I liked my job. The pay was not bad. Just politics with some managers and higher up management could have been of better circumstances.
Pros
not bad pay
Cons
Not WHAT you know. WHO you know and hang out with.
Fun experience, passed up for multiple promotions
Retail Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNMarch 8, 2017
To be a "promote from within" company they sure do hire a lot of NAPA and Autozone rejects for higher positions... Even in situation where someone would quit and I'd take over the position for a few months just for someone to be hired in to fill the spot I was already filling instead of just giving me the promotion I had earned by that point.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks.
Cons
Too focused on payroll not enormough on the customer
Great company with good culture
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 9, 2017
I would typical start my day by doing some audits on the outbound orders, then I would go and check the computer for any parts that were found out of place and logged into the appropriate areas.i would fix them and would the go into profiling the shelves. Moving vendors closer together and putting faster movers up front of aisle and slower movers towards the back. The management team is very good and was willing to help anyone in wanting to better themselves.
Good place to work at
Excellent Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2017
The days were start out very so, especially if you were in the mornings you won't get busy customers until the afternoon.

I've learned about how to handle rude and obese customers, especially if you're a female working for a more male industry, there can be customers that are a bit rude but, I've been able to handle it very well.

Management is great!

Hardest part of the job, technically nothing is hard about this job unless you make it difficult for yourself.

Being able to go in the morning, being energetic with all the workers an the customers.
Pros
Discounted car parts
Cons
nothing
Fun but frustrating.
Auto Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bellaire, TXMarch 22, 2017
The normal day consists of customer service,installing batteries and wiper blades. You learn a lot about car mechanics and car parts. Management is accommodating and very flexible with schedules. Hardest part about the job is stocking and dealing with irrational customers at times.Also, for a billion dollar company, O'reillys should invest in better software and hardware in order for employees to better serve customers. It is very frustrating when you are helping a customer and the computer either freezes or crashes. New hardware will be What I most enjoyed about this job is the work environment and merchandise discounts employers received.
Very efficient worlplace with dedicated management
Materials Handler (Current Employee) –  Selma, TXMarch 12, 2017
The job is a non-stop working environment with a very simple job task, you'll learn how to use industrial equipment if required. The management is very proficient with caring for the employees. Little socialization between workers because of how busy job is, but it isn't non-existent. The hardest part of the job are the hours and work load, and the most enjoyable are the employees you'll meet and the rewards.
Deadend with poor wages
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 13, 2017
This job offers no incentive to excel.They hire people to fill a void, to try and control the overtime, whether they do the job outlined for 'everyone', but don't try to make sure everyone is a part of getting that job done, basically putting the burden on just a few. The responsibilities are not accepted by all as a part of their job and no one to enforce otherwise. The wages are set with no increase as incentive. Also trying to control the wages paid out by forcing more duties, again, on the few.
Pros
The opportunity to say I have a job.
Cons
A job with no future, so yes, the smart thing would be to get out and I'm trying.
Fun working with some coworkers and dealing with customers
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNMarch 1, 2017
There is a lot of repetition with each job position throughout this company. I learned how to do other people's jobs, that was not in my job description and was not being paid to perform. Getting a raise was a rare occasion, and had to be fought to receive. Management could use some work regarding the treatment of their customers, store managers and employees. Workplace culture...what workplace culture? The hardest part of the job was trying not to get sucked into the negativity lingering on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to deal with customers, and the end of the shift.
Pros
Lots of Benefits for FT employees
Cons
Not many benefits for PT employees
Oreillys is a great company to gain industry knowledge. Yet does not provide realistic compensation.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ripon, CAMarch 7, 2017
O'Reillys provides an open environment to pursue career paths in the automotive industry. With that said the opportunity provided is more experience oriented with slight financial compensation provided only after higher management levels.
Pros
Extremely flexible. Easy to advance.
Cons
Compensation is not commensurate to skills, capabilty or or work ethic.
good starting point
Sales representative - Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 7, 2017
I've been working for Orielly's for almost a year. During this time frame I've managed to learn and grow as a sales associate, but even though I've gotten good reviews and feel I'm a key player in the team, I still cant become full time or even get a raise. Due to my store not having "enough sales" and "RPMS" being too low.
I advice to give it a shot but never settle, seek something better in the long run because if your seeking advancement it WILL take time.
Pros
depends on what store you work at. Every store is different, depends on your team.
Cons
RPMS effect your pay and promotions "so management says"
O'Reilly Automotive DC
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 7, 2017
The hourly staff at the Kansas City DC are very dedicated to their jobs! About 1/3 of the supervisors also are dedicated. Very poor leadership on the part of the DC Manager, with no desire to ensure adequate training for newly hired supervisors, and no desire to provide leadership development to those supervisors and managers who struggled, or were there to draw a check. Failure to recognize when someone goes beyond minimum expectations in various sectors of what needed to be done, but concentrated on what didn't get done. Strong tendency to regale certain employees because of race.
Pros
Hourly employees were genuine, friendly, and dedicated
Cons
Lack of leadership in managers
If you have other offers, pass on this one.
Corporate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Okahoma City, OklahomaFebruary 8, 2017
I worked at the OKC distribution center. The work was not hard, but they do not value their team members. The wages are below average and the benefits are lacking once you finally qualify. As a team member your every move will be tracked and micromanaged. They actually employ people whose sole responsibility is to track your every move and mistake. If you need a place to work that allows you to operate as a mindless drone then this may be a good fit for you.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
low pay, poor management
Liked 10 years of working there
Driver Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INFebruary 7, 2017
I liked working at O'reilys until they changed management and accused me of something i didnt do. I usually delivered parts to the same companies in fact they would ask for me by name. I enjoyed working with the customers who came in to buy parts too because i have been a mechanic since i was in the 8th grade and i could direct them to the right parts that they needed and would offer to help them if needed.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management
I don't think it was the best place to work for me.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 12, 2017
O'reillys is a wonderful workplace for anyone that knows anything about vehicle parts. Although it is not for someone who has little to know knowledge of vehicle parts. There are many things you need to know before you go in there and think you can run the place. You need to have great knowledge of vehicles and there spare parts. Not much training involved or devoted to you upon arrival if I must say so myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

72%