O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Lazy people,backstabbers,low pay,bad working atmosphere
Driver/Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Would never go if I wasn't being forced.most of the workers will tell you they hate it and most are looking for other employment already."............................................. . . . .
Pros
A discount on parts with no warranty
Cons
To many..
Always short staffed and other team members below management refuse to do their job.
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson kentuckyJanuary 18, 2018
Over all I like Oreillys as a company. I enjoy workingg in the automotive industry.
I think they need to be more selective on store mgr promotions and live up to the pay scale promised to store mgrs.Most management positions are over worked and under played while lower team members stand around and don't do much for their pay. I believe if oreilly would pay better than the national average ( as of right now it's 15 below!) they would have more productive work force. It is hard for any man to support a family on what oreilly pays an hour.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Wages
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, ILJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoy working at O'Reilly's Auto Parts, I encourage anyone that has automotive experience to work there. I have worked for both Auto Zone and O'Reilly's and I would pick O'Reilly's any day.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Hard to find coverage when sick
Great place
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 18, 2018
A typical work day was to hel customers get the parts that they need for there vehicles. Management was ok I guess when it came to asking for help and the crew members were always their if you needed help
The job is run off of feeling
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2018
Working alone is the best way
10 keys
Enjoyed being off
Different rules for different people
So coworkers are great to work with
Needs to improve pay 13
Great company
Part Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 18, 2018
O'reilly was a great company to work for. Of course there were some thing i didn't care for but as a whole their value were respectful. Day to day would always change. You had to be quick on your feet.
fast paced yet cared to the customer first
Sales (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 18, 2018
the customer always came first so sometimes i would have to stay later tan usual to tend to them, this is somewhat of a retirement job so i has to work with people who were well over my age.
Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Great people great place to work didn't want to leave just had an opportunity for more money manager didn't want to give me more hours. almost wish I never left
Not a professional place to work
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Semmes, ALJanuary 17, 2018
The manager is awesome, but the district manager will put you off the schedule for a week if you can not make it into work one day. The staff is extremely short handed and there is no one to cover a shift if need be. Also, O'Reilly's frowns upon over time, so don't expect to receive any.
Good place to work. Low pay. Poor corporate communication.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, WI 53527January 17, 2018
Decent place to work. Not very good pay. Higher ups only care about numbers and money and not very much about the employees. Say they promote within which they do but they also hire a lot of outsiders for management etc....
Pros
discounts, 1 hour lunch, employees
Cons
wages, higher up management, hours
This is a good place to work
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I really liked this job I moved up quickly became a member of management within 6 months. However the store manager would not allow me any flexibility with hours. I found myself doing more of his work and not getting paid for it
Pros
Job advancement and parts discounts
Cons
No flexibility on hours
Loved it
Parts Specialist/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chipley, FLJanuary 17, 2018
I thought it was a great place to work and learn. I would highly recommend working there. The management team is very supportive and the customers are great.
Fun place to work, but too competitive.
Retail Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 17, 2018
Management seems pretty easy if you can exceed 20,000 dollars in sales every month. If you're not good at that, then get ready to close the store almost every night.
Pros
Flexible on Hours, Discounts were great.
Cons
Retail job, so people can be a problem, lack of paid time off, say goodbye to social life.
Easy and boring
Retail sales specialist and night manager (Former Employee) –  Wellston ohioJanuary 16, 2018
Bad store manager, great assistant store manager. Easy job, some days went slow and some went fast. Great job to start at if you don't have a family. Hours aren't bad, but the retail sales specialist and a one part timer close the store and are in there 12 pm to 9pm so your whole day is basically stuck there doing nothing.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
It's just boring lol
Competitive
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  808 Boyd rd. Azle, TXJanuary 16, 2018
The daily/weekly online courses, though mandatory, allowed me to learn a great deal more than I already knew. The competition for sales were done in a professional manner, it was fun.
Pros
Comission on sales
Majority of the work load put on a few qualified individuals.
commercial specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston AreaJanuary 16, 2018
Show up early and do about 25% of managers paperwork while answering and filling commercial customers orders. Route commercial deliveries and dispatch drivers. Review accounts and sales trends with outside salesmen. Balance cash drawer at both beginning and end of shift. Inform customers of promotional items. Handle and resolve customers complaints.
Pros
Good benefit packages
Cons
Lack of oversight of store management by corporation
Productive environment
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 16, 2018
Overall , it is a excellent place to work. The environment is relaxing but a steady work pace. As a driver specialist, I became better at managing and counting money.
Pros
Really enjoyed working with my co-workers
Cons
low pay
Fast paced, fun environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 15, 2018
It's a fun but competitive work environment. Management is definitely helpful. They have a strong belief in promote within which gives a strong desire to push yourself
Pros
Fast paced, promote within
Cons
Hours benefits
Productive, relaxed and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 15, 2018
Working at O’Reilly Auto Parts is a fun and relaxed job! Working at O’Reilly I learned to be a productive sales associate in a family environment. I highly recommend it.
Pros
Discounts, family environment
didn't enjoy it
Sales Services (Former Employee) –  indpls INJanuary 15, 2018
i didn't speak Spanish or foreign language, not enough workers, high pace and lazy employees. security lacking, thief's rude not organized. tired employees on the phones

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.