O-I Employee Reviews in United States

Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 22, 2015
Rotating shifts all around. mornings 1 week swing the next and then graveyard after that. then start all over again. however once you get past that part it is a great place to work. Great pay. Fantastic benefits. No boss breathing down your neck. you do your job and your left alone to do it.
O-I has been a great place for me.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 8, 2015
O-I has been a great place for me. They have treated me fairly and has as much overtime as you can handle. There was always something that needed to be done.
Many things to learn
Consultant/Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, ohAugust 7, 2015
everyone was friendly and easy to work with. There were many different technical challenges. It was a great way to gain experience in the IT industry.
Pros
easy to learn new things
Cons
working 3rd shift on weekends
to much corperate arrogance
Set-Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, ILMay 30, 2015
the plant i worked in was bought out at least 6 times while i worked there, owens was the last while i was there, graham bought them out and liquidated the place, during my tenure, we went from 13 machines to 54, that in itself is impressive,but unfortunatly the management team was totally self absorbed and only concerned with their paycheck and not the health/ viability of the plant, thus the downfall of it, that is the reason i left and joined cks
O-I Review
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYMay 16, 2015
O-I is a global glass container manufacturing company with a plant in Auburn, NY that I am affiliated with. I have enjoyed my experience at O-I thus far and hope for a promising future. I would recommend employment at O-I to others.
Nice place
paymaster (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYApril 13, 2015
This was a nice place to work for and always busy. I was a temp and knew I would not be hired on, I was sent to get a job done and that's what I did. The hardest part is to get everyone to work as a team, I learned to stay on top of thing or they would fall through the cracks fast.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
No one wanted to work as a team
Enjoyed learning new skills, different than my prior experience on other jobs.
Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 12, 2015
I learned how operated the mold machines, and i enjoyed the relationship with all employees and supervisors, the best part of this job was the recognition of my effort by been promoted from Utility Attendant to Troubleshooter on earlier period of time, plus the full package of benefits. The hardest part was running 8 mold machines every shift, but i was able to performed sucesfully.
Pros
I feel like working with family, everyone helped me on training.
Cons
Senioriry on positions for different shisfts.
get a job here
selector (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 19, 2015
great people great place sad it was only a summer job could have been there my whole life. wish i were still in California.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
It was a great place to work. Our foremans were very knowledgeable
Machine Repair Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Brockport, PAJanuary 31, 2015
Whether I was working on mechanical assemblies or wiring machines, it seems like we had new and interesting jobs quite often. I learned quite a lot about hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical assembly. Management at our plant were very capable, but the last machine that was engineered as state of the art from Toledo Engineering was a mess. It was ultimately how I lost my job, because they decided to buy our machines from another vendor.
As far as co-workers, we had the usual amount of workers who were difficult and gave people a hard time, but most of our guys were a good lot to work with.
The hardest part of the job for me was being bent over a box for 12 hours when we were doing work in section boxes.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having a good machine run in, and being ahead of schedule.
Pros
great benefits, paid vacation and holidays and schooling.
Cons
communications problems between union and company officials.
Learning type job
Packing/ Selecting (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Work 8 hour shift face pace job, keeps you busy and I learn how glass is made. Management was not that great at listen to employee suggestion about how job could be ran better.I enjoy my co-workers they understood the team work. When people didn't come to work and pick up the slack do more than one job at time. My days off!
A great place to work.
Leher Attandant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2015
You come in do your job and you go home. The management team treats you with respect. You work with people who has a lot of knowledge about there job. The hardest thing when work up on platforms is the stairs. You are constantly going up and down them all shift. In closing I say again it is a great place to work.
Pros
overtime is your choice. it's not mandatory.
Cons
work environment it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
good place to work
CAE Engineer (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHNovember 19, 2014
Good working environment. Decent pay. Work with lots of talented people. Colleagues are nice and easy to work with. Good place to begin your career.
Lead Quality Auditor Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 28, 2014
Good management. Always knew what direction it was headed.
Clean. Management respected employees. Work was not hard. You had plenty to do but was not overloaded
Pros
free lunches, coffee
Cons
sold out
Very laid back job but can get very hectik if machines are running bad.
Forklift Operator - Load Building Department (Former Employee) –  Robinson, TXOctober 12, 2014
I loved working for owens. Very good pay and very cool people, they do let people get away with pretty much anything thow. they need to do more drug testing and fire people instead of letting them just go to rehab and come back to work.
Pros
the pay is very god
Cons
shift work gets old and working with alcholics and drug addicts
great place to begin a career
Laboratory Technician-Analytical Lab (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 9, 2014
very professional environment
the tech center was equipped with state of the art instrumentation
a great opportunity to learn fro
Pros
nice cafeteria
Unstable work environment
Electro/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COAugust 28, 2014
The management structure has had several major restructurings in the past two years. Each time job security takes a hit. What use to be a fairly stable job has become a day by day uncertainty.
A lot of stress but was a decent company
Silkscreen Finished Good Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 28, 2014
OI was a union ship so their rules were upheld. I had to come to work, you had to be on time and you had to produce productive work. Management was good. I would definitely say that working in the office was much better than working in production.
Pros
not many. pizza once in a while and nice christmas party.
Cons
long maniditory hours and some weekends. very fast pace on production floor.
Worse job ever
Production worker (Former Employee) –  ToanoAugust 10, 2014
Loud, dirty, management is terrible, union is a joke; NOT drug free, and management doesn't care about harassment either! No family life! Stay far far away!!! Will ruin any life you might want to hold stable.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything
An excellent world wide corporation
Contractor through Aerotek (Current Employee) –  Levis Commons, Perrysburg, OHApril 2, 2014
A large corporation,
Great group of people to work with.
Very Active with the Community.
good company to work for
Shift maintenance, Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 26, 2014
good company to work for, great co-workers, team players, management easy to talk to, great benefits, 8 and 12 hr shifts, job training.