O-I Employee Reviews

I loved it
Selector / Loader / Unloader (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 1, 2017
Overall O-I was a good place to work. aside from the rotating shifts it was great.That was pretty much my only issue, There's racism, favoritism, and nepotism but I've found that to be present in every workplace whether it's admitted or not.I had to leave based on family issues that were impossible to overcome based on the rotating shift but they were good to me and I have very few unkind words for my O-I experience.
Cool at times
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Toano, VAAugust 29, 2017
Great pay. Hours suck at times but my biggest issue is I don't see an opportunity for blacks to move into salary positions which is extremely sad. Everything is based on the buddy system. Most people given salary jobs are guys who are friends with other salary guys whether they are capable of doing the job or not. This must change. Yet I doubt it will. I'm also positive corporate doesn't thoroughly evaluate their salary people because if they did they would learn that 60% of them should be allowed to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Pros
Pay
Great job
Attendant/Selector, Crew (Former Employee) –  Hapeville, GAAugust 29, 2017
Steady job with advancement opportunity. Factory environment with rotating shifts, great mentors. The downside to the job was the hot temperature within the building
Productive, friendly atmosphere, cooperative, and caring.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  One Sea Gate,Toledo, OHAugust 29, 2017
Greet everyone with a cherry "Good Morning!
Go to my desk and rate the assignments that I did not complete the day before. Prioritize them, and check with my Supervisor to see if there is anything that might take priority over what I have. Then begin on my assignments. Answering and forwarding incoming calls.
Collating, xeroxing, faxing as needed. Attending to interruptions as needed.
Pros
Working 36 hours per week, but get paid for 40 hours. Lunch, 2 breaks
Cons
Getting paid on the 15th and last day of month
Worst possible "training"
Operator I (Current Employee) –  Streator, ILAugust 6, 2017
Absolutely no training culture. You are thrown on a line or machine and expected to know what to do. If it were not for the other operators taking time away from their job to help you would have to learn it on your own and are bound to have problems. The one so-called training instructor constantly rolls her eyes when you ask her a question. No personality what so ever. The supervisors are expecting people to do a job who have had little to no training. Starting pay and benefits are good but between poor training and rotating shifts I and others are already looking for other employment opportunities.
Pros
Met a lot of nice coworkers
Cons
Extremely poor training
Great place to work overall but a strong corporate influence is weighing heavy on the plants
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 5, 2017
Corporate headquarters knows little about the plant culture and they make little effort to learn. With strict budget constraints and policies geared towards doing whatever it takes to keep cost down, the employees and the equipment suffer.
Pros
great pay fand benefits. Great hours for office employees
Cons
long hours for production employess.
productive and busy if you work a rotating shift.
WAREHOUSE SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAAugust 2, 2017
Rotating can be time consuming no real work/life balance, pay is good for entry level. room for advancement. Hardest part of the job is rotating a 7 day work week getting one day off then going graveyard.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
rotating shift
Very fast paced
FMU Leader (flexible manufacturing leader) (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 31, 2017
Union environment, was very difficult to hold people accountable. Not enough support from upper management, and human resources. Shift work, with rotating schedules from days to nights.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days, crazy schedule
Journeyman Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30354July 30, 2017
Work is hard but the pay is good. Productive and good benefits. Lacking on some management levels. Rotating shift schedule. Major holidays off. Healthcare, Life insurance, 401K offered. Good salary and opportunity for overtime.
Pros
Healthcare
Ambiente de trabajo bajo presion pero con buenos resultados.
Logistic Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasJuly 15, 2017
El dia tipico en el trabajo es algo rutinario, pero con buenos resultados en el dia a dia.
Pros
Buen compañerismo entre los trabajadores.
Cons
Poco personal para la cantidad de trabajo
fast and productivity
Silkscreen operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 9, 2017
it was a very fast work because the managers ask a number of productivity that employees must reach every day, the pay was good and they paid vacation
Pros
Free sof drink and vending machines
Cons
very respectable break time
Poor company culture
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 4, 2017
Very bad work life balance. It seems that most everything is negative in tone and nature. There is little teamwork, people work in silo's for self preservation.
Pros
Bonus program for salaried employees
Cons
Forced to work a Saturday and Sunday once month, with no compensating time off.
Work Balance
Procurement Manager, Packaging (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 30, 2017
Good company that balances work and home life. Doesn't have a formal career development program. Investment in employees is average. Overall good company to work for.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
lack of advancement
Enjoyable, creative, friendly work environment
Concept Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 16, 2017
While working for OI I had the opportunity to work with multiple teams, learn from experts in engineering, design and manufacturing, and at some points meet our Executives. Typical days were the average 8-5 with friendly interaction among coworkers.
hot
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 24, 2017
very hot. not a clean place to work. dirty with glass and chemicals floating in the air. very unsafe areas. loud and very bad for health on people that work there.
Project Engineer / Assurance of Quality (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 23, 2017
Good place to work. The management that I worked with was very inexperienced and would change almost every 3 months. The one manager that was consistent lacked management skills and could not Handel busy work.
Great paying job
Selector & Bulk Operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 9, 2017
Hours varied week by week, but the pay is very good with benefits. Some days were more demanding than others based on where you were place, along with the pace other departments were at, which affects you work production.
Monitor Line Flow Technician
Monitor Line Flow Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYMay 7, 2017
• Inspection of quality of finalized products with appropriate documentation of detailed results
• Loading and unload trailers from ground level or platforms
• Assembled, sorted, placed and labeled product containers prior to shipping
• Ensure all loaded items are done so in accordance to company protocol
na
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 30, 2017
The company was ok. My boss was good guy. They had me work on a project where they bought out another company and they needed me to get all the software and verify it
Global glass container company.
Business Insurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHApril 22, 2017
OI is a global glass container manufacturer. It was always interesting work since you never knew if you would be interacting with domestic or international co-workers on any given day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O-I. Our community is ready to answer.