O-I Employee Review

Worse job ever/union is a joke
Selector (Current Employee) –  Toano, VAApril 9, 2014
Honestly don't know how this plant is still open. Dump glass every day on every shift, reject ware constantly, management has no control over staff, favoritism throughout the plant; promoting unqualified workers instead of hiring outside qualified and educated workers. Safety is a joke. If random drug tests were done, no one would have a job. If you have small children or want to keep your family intact, stay far away from this place! Rotate shifts every 5 days and no downtime.
Pros
Pay/insurance
Cons
Management & union is a joke

Other O-I Employee Reviews

Changing Company
Procurement/Supply Chain Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 7, 2017
They are doing a lot of shifting groups and responsibilities around between regions. Glass as a commodity is not as popular and they are trying different things to make it work again. The managers and co-workers I have had were good, but I am less comfortable about the higher level management.
Pros
good pay, lots of discounts/events to local places
Cons
possibly uncertain future
This job does not exist anymore.
machinist CNC machinist (Former Employee) –  Godfrey, ILNovember 26, 2017
I used to run a G&L milling machine, a Cim-X tape reading mill a manual horizontal mill and a Fadal, CNC vertical boring mill. There I did a bit of programing and fixture design.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O-I. Our community is ready to answer.