O-I Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHFebruary 22, 2017
O-I is a great company to work for. Awesome culture and awesome people. Everybody is very friendly and enjoys working for the company. All employees are very dedicated to their jobs.
Poor company
ESH Training and Development Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2017
The company is one of the worse run business in the US. The culture is a though back to the 50's. Very poor relations with employees and do nt invest in their assets.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Rme
Regional Manufacturing Engineer - Virtual Role (Current Employee) –  VirtualFebruary 4, 2017
Great Position - great opportunity to make improvements. Great company to work . Everyone is very professional and helpful in making the company succeed.
Great place to work, with good benefits, competitive pay, and good people
Glass Selector (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 23, 2017
Tedious and repetitive work. Housekeeping duties and machine maintenance required on all machinces in my work area. Always was busy in bulk operations or carton assembly work. Kept assembly line full of product and always operable; for case packer operations.
Pros
Great pay, easy work
Cons
swing shift
LQC Quailty Control
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Managed shift operations on day to day manufacturing and safety guidelines for liquor bottles for the largest liquor companies in the United States as well of overseas.
OI Review
Plant Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2017
The company has 80 plants world wide. The Atlanta plant is one of the older sites and it is being determined if the site will close. A great deal of the equipment is older and needs to be replaced.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Very little capital to make improvements
Good Hourly Rate for HS Grads
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2017
Management yells and curses employees. Atlanta facility was not profitable for 10+ years. Plantation environment, with restrooms that are nasty and have been for years. You would only use the restrooms standing up..
Pros
Hourly employees rate and manager bonuses
Cons
Very negative environment for employees, unprofessional management, poor quality work life and a 1960s work environment..
Good pay
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Crenshaw, PADecember 29, 2016
The company pays very well. However working swing shift you give up your personal life.

I am a lehr inspector. typical factory work. Management is not the strongest that I have worked with.
Standard Corporate
COMMODITY SPECIALIST-BUYER (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 26, 2016
Well established, large company. Experience is dependent upon your supervisor and team. Lots of internal movement with Regional Management and a new CEO. Company changed a lot over the time I was there in positive way but the trickle down takes a while. Company is still working on diversity at the top.
Pros
Hands-off management, Strong team, full job security
Cons
Training and career advancement process is by Department and still receiving improvements
Nice Place to Work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 28, 2016
Although it has been many years since i worked for OI, I was happy there and only left because we moved to Florida. I did all secretarial work for the Plant Manager - also handled all insurance work for the salaried staff. I was in charge of petty cash and we had many audits in my time there - the most interesting thing I did for them was enter an entire Union Contract in a personal computer - during Union Negotiations, I was at the hotel and when changes needed made, I entered them into the computer. We were one of the first companies in Northern Kentucky to have personal computers.
Pretty good pay, but in exchange for your personal life
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2016
Very high pace, and very challenging, which is what keeps me coming back!

Be ready to hit the ground running, learn on the fly, and get your hands dirty. This is great management job for those that do not like to sit in front of a computer all day.

Typically a good day is in at 6:30 am and out by 4:30 pm for most management. Plus on call weekends

24/7 manufacturing operation including almost all holidays.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Insurance Benifits
Cons
Even salary managers have to be ready to work nights, weekends, and holidays on short notice
Learned a lot here
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CANovember 20, 2016
Started off as a packer and worked my way to the QA lab, back up crew leader and machine operator. Advancement was available and awarded to people that earned it.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Plant closed
Fast paced and innovating
Glass Bottle Manufacturer (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 15, 2016
The work environment is very fast paced and incredibly innovating. Working in this environment has sharpened my critical thinking and decision making skills. Interpersonal communication skills is extremely important in this career.
Pros
Environmentally conscious
Cons
Rotating work schedule
Good job
Forming Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 16, 2016
It's a good paying job that is fairly secure. Major down side is 7day rotating shift. The management isn't the greatest, there is a real lack of communication and little regard for the union.
Good pay and benefits
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYOctober 12, 2016
The pay is great. 401k,medical,dental and pension plan are good also. Management has changed in the last 5 years. Advancement isn't easy to obtain even with experience.
Productive workplace with no pressure
CARTON ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CASeptember 26, 2016
The supervisors and employees are friendly to work with. The job itself is very tedious, very repetitive, but over all enjoyable. The hardest part is the lifting. The machines are simple to figure out and easy to get control of. For what this job pays just to start the work is worth it.
Pros
The people, the pay
Cons
Schedule, Rotating shift
Last 10 years quality don't exist
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 3, 2016
I learned how to make glass,check quality, measures and especifications, a lot of good co-workers and few good managements, and the hardest part of my job it was don't have good tools to do my work (always said no money to buy) and the most enjoyable part of my job, when I saw the bottles (good bottles) in the stores or winery full of liquid and ready to sale
Pros
Chance to get diferents kinds of work
Cons
To many supervisors (to many changes)
Grueling tedious work
Palletizer Operator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 16, 2016
12 hour shifts of fast passed work. Supervisor snaps easily and the palletizer job can be stressful.
Horrible job in windsor
Selecting (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COJune 18, 2016
The only good thing about OI was the pay and benefits. Employees were treated very poorly by management and the HR department is extremely biased and racist. Very rarely is good work appreciated and unless you are buddy buddy with management there's no possibility of advancing in the company. Don't apply unless you're capable of taking no pride in you're work!
Pros
Pay
Cons
HR Management Teamwork Rotating Shifts etc
Edison N J Plastic
Y110 Beckum, BC-3 & Jomar operator batch blender (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 4, 2016
I worked at O-I 1972 -1976, Juggling work & college. Working there starting as a packer leaving as a Y110 operator. It was hot in summer, you couldn't have ac because the machines were heated to melt plastic beads to blow or injection molded bottles. Great group of fellow workers about the best I ever worked with. By far better than any office I've been in. Of course you had a couple of rats, like all companies have, untrustworthy garbage of society. We socialized after work and played sports outside on the property. Pay was alright at the time, benefits were good, pension plan. Then in the early 1980's the plant closed. I'm looking fro workers that were there in the early 1970's . I now like just down the street from the plant. Small World.
Pros
good pay & benefit pkg.
Cons
Some jobs were hard, you had to hustle but everyone carried their weight.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O-I. Our community is ready to answer.