O.C. Tanner Employee Reviews

A great place to work if you are young
Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trophy teamSeptember 1, 2017
I. Feel I was forced to retire. I was placed in a job I physically could not do. No one had any compassion for that. I retired.it is what it is I would hope of tanner would own it.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
Poor nightleadership
OC Tanner
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 25, 2017
Great place to work and they are willing to be flexible towards their employees. The people are so nice and its just an all around good environment to surround yourself as you work.
Takes care or their people
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2017
O.C. Tanner really cares about their people. I was an intern so I didn't get the benefits the full-time employees did, but I can say the benefits are top notch.
Fun work atmosphere and given the time to succeed
Sr. Director, Client Solutions (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2017
This overall is a great place to work. The culture is outstanding. The only downfall are the solutions. They're great from a technology perspective but the market has not fully adopted them yet. So the sales cycle is long and lower priority as a business initiative for clients. I see a shift in culture as a priority however it will take more time for market adoption.
OC Tanner
Recognition Account/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2017
For the most part employees are treated well. There are fun activities and a few good bonuses during the year.

However, if you are looking for a company with a lot of room for advancement, this is not the place. There is no good career path.
Pros
Free fountain drinks, birthday bonus
Cons
Low pay, no career path
Great company with a good soul, somewhat stiff
Software Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 17, 2017
I love the work that O.C. Tanner does. It is great to be in the business of helping companies appreciate their employees.

I loved the culture and the people I worked with for many years, but with new leadership came a more competitive culture. It got a bit cutthroat for a time and very process driven. What used to be a fun job became very stressful. It was time for a change for me, but I don't regret my time at O.C. Tanner. I learned a lot and enjoyed the majority of my time there.
Pros
Great business, great product
Cons
Competitive, stiff culture
Good People
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 9, 2017
I worked freelance so I'm a bit limited on a full review. The Design team was great I felt like I worked well with everyone there, the product was great.
Pros
Full kitchen with chef
Cons
N/a
Overall Good Company, Has to many untrained Managers
Building Maintenance Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 8, 2017
This was a good company to work for to start with. The managers do not know what half of their department are doing half the time. My managers didn't have a clue was my Job was and I very seldom got the support I needed. We were understaffed and didn't have the tools needed for the job. I was on call 24-7 because nobody else in the department would answer their phone in the middle of the night.They were all in to health and welfare and built a fitness center in the basement. But they got rid of the nurse and did nothing to help with the stress they put us under. The are in the business of Appreciation and service awards. They appreciated me so well after 19 years of running their buildings, they fire me from a little misunderstanding and don't give me another chance or even try to get me some help for the stress they put me under and fire me 1 1/2 years away from retirement. Does that sound like a Company that appreciates their employees. After saving them millions of Dollars in improvements and energy savings over the years. Oh and yea they had ping pong tables too.
Pros
Good 401k, insurance and pay
Cons
Managers don't walk the talk. Do as i say, not as I do
Great work environment,those who leave usually find themselves wanting to return!
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2017
The company thrives to be a great work place,equal opportunity for all positions.I started there at age 16, the company worked with me as I completed schooling ,high school and sheet metal apprenticeship.
Work enviroment was terrific.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 29, 2016
A great company to work for. I worked in Customer Service first awarding corporate employees for years of service. It was a fabulous job and management was very supportive of everything you did at work. If you needed to do a return all you had to do is fill out the paperwork, instead of asking for permission. I then was able to move up in the company to Administrative Assistant position for Two Vice Presidents of Sales. That was a little difficult trying to juggle two of them at the same time but it turned out perfect.

I loved my coworkers who loved their jobs and I enjoyed the customers.
Pros
Great Benefits, Birthday Bonus, Christmas Bonus and NO ONE was left out!
Cons
That I had to leave the best job I ever had to move across the country.
Fun Place to work
Performance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 27, 2016
Good family centered company, They treat you well as long as you can at times not give full and truthful details. The company is good at looking out for those who have been with the company for a bit.
jewelry
JEWELRY ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2016
I love this place. great benefits with bonus every six months. they really take care of employees. early morning and work together in line to accomplishment the task.
Pros
great pay
Cons
early morning
Client Representative
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2016
Responded to calls or emails from customers; listened, analyzed, researched and resolved concerns. Quickly became fluent in over 15 software systems specific to company procedure. Superior communication skills in listening and empathizing to instill confidence with customer base. Trained and certified on many processes and procedures to support all order related inquiries.
A lot has changed
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2015
O.C Tanner was a one of the greatest companies I worked for. Work/Life balance was great and great benefits. I heard from people who are still working there that many things are changing.
Great environment!!
Operation Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 26, 2014
The people at O.C. Tanner are amazing. Their appreciation focused culture is truly inspiring. I was only their for a short time but my time there has changed the way I see company culture and its role in creating a world-class organization
Amazing company with an extremely worthwhile corporate mission and goal
International Operations Professional (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 4, 2014
Typical work day involves addressing all issue international for the company. Most specifically logistic, translation and localization issue.
Intl. Logistics has been the bedrock of my professional carrier, both here at O.C. Tanner and at my previous employment. Completing paperwork, addressing customs issues and requirements, and advising imports on clearance procedures. My time at O.C. Tanner has expanded my knowledge of international logistics in many ways.
My primary responsibility is as the project manager for transitions and product localization. With 7 years of experience within this field my knowledge of the industry is extensive. My time in my current position has led to my interest in and appreciation for pure and raw communication across countries and cultures.
Management at O.C. Tanner is open, honest and supportive, although they, and the company as a whole, are typically slow to act, respond and change.
My co-workers are exceptional individuals; all are well educated, well disciplined, hardworking, and dedicated to seeing the company succeed. They are a younger group, the oldest being only 47. This dynamic helps make the work load light and enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job is feeling that despite the performance reviews, amount of personal success, likability, education, and experience - promotions are more a matter of time. Average tenure is very long which doesn't allow for upward mobility. And as mentioned given the company's propensity to be slow to change and adapt, opportunities to accept new challenges, become engaged in new and dynamic
  more... business challenges don't come along often enough. Despite numerous efforts to improve and enhance translations capabilities in particular, very few advances have been made.
The most enjoyable part of working at O.C. Tanner is the people who are here, and the premise on which the company operates. The company focuses on recognizing individuals who do great work. Appreciation for a job well done is needed in the work place and O.C. Tanner work with companies in most counties in the world to help ensure people are happy at work.
Pros
On-site cafeteria, stable friendly work environment.
Cons
Pay and opportunities for advancement.
Great Company
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2014
O.C. Tanner Co., named after founder Obert C. Tanner, is a human resource consulting and services company that designs and helps implement employee recognition programs for clients in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.[2] Counting numerous Fortune 100 companies on its client list, the company provides presentation training, administration, and awards for programs honoring employee service or performance.[3] The company is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. The company also continues the tradition of its founder of allowing consumers to purchase some of the jewelry it offers to clients at either of two retail stores in Utah.[4] The flagship store in Salt Lake City was recently relocated to the Old Hansen Planetarium, a building listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2012, the company opened a Rolex store at the City Creek Center.
People are what make the job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City,UtahAugust 12, 2014
Management is very poor. They no longer care about the people it is becoming more about politics. This use to be a great place to work. Benefits and pay are good.
Pros
Bonus's
Cons
Favoritism
Overall, a great place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2014
Leadership you can trust, great employees, and a wonderful culture make the O.C. Tanner company a great place to work.
Pros
On site gym, a cafeteria run by a world class chef, health benefits, 401k
Very good environment place to work
Trainer for Final Inspection (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityDecember 5, 2013
People are so friendly. Management are very helpful with the team.