O.C. Tanner

O.C. Tanner United States Employee Reviews

Amazing company with an extremely worthwhile corporate mission and goal
International Operations Professional (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 4, 2014
Pros: on-site cafeteria, stable friendly work environment.
Cons: pay and opportunities for advancement.
Typical work day involves addressing all issue international for the company. Most specifically logistic, translation and localization issue.
Intl. Logistics has been the bedrock of my professional carrier, both here at O.C. Tanner and at my previous employment. Completing paperwork, addressing customs issues and requirements, and advising imports on clearance procedures. My time at O.C. Tanner has expanded my knowledge of international logistics in many ways.
My primary responsibility is as the project manager for transitions and product localization. With 7 years of experience within this field my knowledge of the industry is extensive. My time in my current position has led to my interest in and appreciation for pure and raw communication across countries and cultures.
Management at O.C. Tanner is open, honest and supportive, although they, and the company as a whole, are typically slow to act, respond and change.
My co-workers are exceptional individuals; all are well educated, well disciplined, hardworking, and dedicated to seeing the company succeed. They are a younger group, the oldest being only 47. This dynamic helps make the work load light and enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job is feeling that despite the performance reviews, amount of personal success, likability, education, and experience - promotions are more a matter of time. Average tenure is very long which doesn't allow for upward mobility. And as mentioned given the company's propensity to be slow to change and adapt, opportunities to accept new challenges, become engaged in new and dynamic business challenges – more... don't come along often enough. Despite numerous efforts to improve and enhance translations capabilities in particular, very few advances have been made.
The most enjoyable part of working at O.C. Tanner is the people who are here, and the premise on which the company operates. The company focuses on recognizing individuals who do great work. Appreciation for a job well done is needed in the work place and O.C. Tanner work with companies in most counties in the world to help ensure people are happy at work. – less
Great Company
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2014
O.C. Tanner Co., named after founder Obert C. Tanner, is a human resource consulting and services company that designs and helps implement employee recognition programs for clients in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.[2] Counting numerous Fortune 100 companies on its client list, the company provides presentation training, administration, and awards for programs honoring employee service or performance.[3] The company is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. The company also continues the tradition of its founder of allowing consumers to purchase some of the jewelry it offers to clients at either of two retail stores in Utah.[4] The flagship store in Salt Lake City was recently relocated to the Old Hansen Planetarium, a building listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2012, the company opened a Rolex store at the City Creek Center.
People are what make the job
Team member (Former Employee), Salt Lake City,UtahAugust 12, 2014
Pros: bonus's
Cons: favoritism
Management is very poor. They no longer care about the people it is becoming more about politics. This use to be a great place to work. Benefits and pay are good.
Overall, a great place to work
Employee (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2014
Pros: on site gym, a cafeteria run by a world class chef, health benefits, 401k
Leadership you can trust, great employees, and a wonderful culture make the O.C. Tanner company a great place to work.
Very good environment place to work
Trainer for Final Inspection (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityDecember 5, 2013
People are so friendly. Management are very helpful with the team.
Photographer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahFebruary 7, 2013
OC Tanner is a leader in their industry and they were pretty generous with bonuses. They provided excellent equipment to work with and I had a lot of latitude to get the job done in the way I thought it should be done.
Was Once a Good Place to Work
Developer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2012
Pros: cafeteria, bonuses
Cons: low base pay (bonuses make overall pay average for the area)
Before I was hired here I had always heard how great the company was. When I did get hired, I agreed because of the benefits and bonuses despite the low base salary. As time went on I realized management doesn't understand much about actual people management and the IT department doesn't have any bearing on corporate decisions--that responsibility solely rests on Marketing and Product Development. In a world where competitors are outdoing OC Tanner's offerings for less and displaying cutting-edge technologies, OC Tanner is moving along like a dinosaur with its corporate politics preventing itself from ever really breaking through on a technology front to take on serious competitors. I made great friends here and enjoyed the company of most of my co-workers, but the environment aside from that made it very difficult to feel secure.
Great people except the management
System Related (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityNovember 3, 2012
Pros: culture, amenities, employee care, great policy
Cons: management, office politics.
This is a great local company to work for. When I was there, I like the culture of appreciate and respect that the company practice. The company also do its best to take care of its employees. However, the appreciate and respect part of the culture just seems fading going up in the management. Sometimes the managers are taking what you do on a daily basis for granted. I did not enjoy the work anymore towards the end. The interoffice politic and bickering is just dreadful there. Seriously, it may be a great place to work for but it's got a lot problems as well.
Very busy sales office that generates a lot of business
Sales Administrator (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXAugust 17, 2012
Dast paced
Deadline oriented
Fair salary
Fair benefits
Great co-workers, who turned in to family
Productive and fast-pace environment
Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJuly 11, 2012
Pros: great pay, great events, caring people
Cons: no current advancement opportunities
A great company with great values. I have learned many things here and would like to expand my current position. However the position I am in does not have room for elevation. I love working with my current boss on logistics for the company's tradeshows and special events. I also thoroughly enjoy editing/proofreading much of the client-facing and internal communciation pieces. I also enjoy booking travel for several key members of our team.

O.C. Tanner Salaries