O.C. Tanner Employee Reviews in United States

Client Representative
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2016
Responded to calls or emails from customers; listened, analyzed, researched and resolved concerns. Quickly became fluent in over 15 software systems specific to company procedure. Superior communication skills in listening and empathizing to instill confidence with customer base. Trained and certified on many processes and procedures to support all order related inquiries.
Was Once a Good Place to Work
Developer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2012
Before I was hired here I had always heard how great the company was. When I did get hired, I agreed because of the benefits and bonuses despite the low base salary. As time went on I realized management doesn't understand much about actual people management and the IT department doesn't have any bearing on corporate decisions--that responsibility solely rests on Marketing and Product Development. In a world where competitors are outdoing OC Tanner's offerings for less and displaying cutting-edge technologies, OC Tanner is moving along like a dinosaur with its corporate politics preventing itself from ever really breaking through on a technology front to take on serious competitors. I made great friends here and enjoyed the company of most of my co-workers, but the environment aside from that made it very difficult to feel secure.
Pros
cafeteria, bonuses
Cons
low base pay (bonuses make overall pay average for the area)
People are what make the job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City,UtahAugust 12, 2014
Management is very poor. They no longer care about the people it is becoming more about politics. This use to be a great place to work. Benefits and pay are good.
Pros
bonus's
Cons
favoritism
Overall, a great place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2014
Leadership you can trust, great employees, and a wonderful culture make the O.C. Tanner company a great place to work.
Pros
on site gym, a cafeteria run by a world class chef, health benefits, 401k
Very busy sales office that generates a lot of business
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 17, 2012
Dast paced
Deadline oriented
Fair salary
Fair benefits
Great co-workers, who turned in to family
Great people except the management
System Related (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityNovember 3, 2012
This is a great local company to work for. When I was there, I like the culture of appreciate and respect that the company practice. The company also do its best to take care of its employees. However, the appreciate and respect part of the culture just seems fading going up in the management. Sometimes the managers are taking what you do on a daily basis for granted. I did not enjoy the work anymore towards the end. The interoffice politic and bickering is just dreadful there. Seriously, it may be a great place to work for but it's got a lot problems as well.
Pros
culture, amenities, employee care, great policy
Cons
management, office politics.
Productive and fast-pace environment
Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahJuly 11, 2012
A great company with great values. I have learned many things here and would like to expand my current position. However the position I am in does not have room for elevation. I love working with my current boss on logistics for the company's tradeshows and special events. I also thoroughly enjoy editing/proofreading much of the client-facing and internal communciation pieces. I also enjoy booking travel for several key members of our team.
Pros
great pay, great events, caring people
Cons
no current advancement opportunities
Great Company
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2014
O.C. Tanner Co., named after founder Obert C. Tanner, is a human resource consulting and services company that designs and helps implement employee recognition programs for clients in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.[2] Counting numerous Fortune 100 companies on its client list, the company provides presentation training, administration, and awards for programs honoring employee service or performance.[3] The company is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. The company also continues the tradition of its founder of allowing consumers to purchase some of the jewelry it offers to clients at either of two retail stores in Utah.[4] The flagship store in Salt Lake City was recently relocated to the Old Hansen Planetarium, a building listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2012, the company opened a Rolex store at the City Creek Center.
Great environment!!
Operation Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 26, 2014
The people at O.C. Tanner are amazing. Their appreciation focused culture is truly inspiring. I was only their for a short time but my time there has changed the way I see company culture and its role in creating a world-class organization
Very good environment place to work
Trainer for Final Inspection (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityDecember 5, 2013
People are so friendly. Management are very helpful with the team.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahFebruary 7, 2013
OC Tanner is a leader in their industry and they were pretty generous with bonuses. They provided excellent equipment to work with and I had a lot of latitude to get the job done in the way I thought it should be done.

O.C. Tanner Reviews by Location