About ODW Logistics:
Since 1971, ODW Logistics, Inc. has been an industry forerunner in supply chain solutions for companies of all sizes. We are a full service third party logistics (3PL) provider with the technology, infrastructure and personalized service to support businesses in a wide range of industries. There are three segments within the umbrella of ODW Logistics, Inc.: ODW Warehousing Group, Dist-Trans, Co., and ODW Logistics and Transportation Services (LTS). Together, these three units provide a seamless supply chain experience for our customers: a single source solution for all warehouse and transportation needs. With more than 1,000 employees and over four million square feet of warehouse space, ODW Logistics' supply chain solutions are unparalleled in the 3PL industry.
The Business Development Manager (Account Executive) is responsible for understanding the industry and enhancing ODW Logistics position in the Third party Logistics market place. The Business Development manager (Account Executive) is responsible for the implementation of sales programs designed to secure new business and retain existing business consistent with corporate sales objectives. This Account Executive role is responsible for generating new business and growing existing accounts in a highly-productive sales environment. A strong candidate will have a desire to start a sales career, excellent communication skills, consistent work ethic, and a strong "hunter" or sales mentality.
- Promotes the organizational values of ODW Logistics in the Third Party Logistics Market.
- Demonstrates safety consciousness at all times and reports safety questions/concerns.
- Promotes safety as a business value vs. business priority, through training, focusing, and informing others about company safety practices and procedures.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with present clients, prospective clients, and the general public to support and enhance the promotion of ODW Logistics and affiliated companies.
- Manage and develop reports for ODW leadership team utilizing the information maintained within the CRM database and email communications.
- Respond to sales quote requests and prepare proposals for all prospective customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage transition of new accounts from sales to the operations team during the startup process.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to the operational team regarding new business or changes in existing business.
- Increase business from our existing customers by developing and maintaining relationships and through specific programs including quarterly business reviews.
- Maximize the department’s utilization of CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) contact management software including user setup and maintenance, report design, troubleshooting, etc.
- Assist the VP of Sales and Marketing with the development and monitoring of budgets, revenue projections and rate analysis.
- Assist with the collection of Accounts Receivable whenever possible. Provide support to A/R including purchase orders, rate agreements and terms, personal contacts, etc.
- Active participation in supply chain organizations such as CSCMP, WERC or other groups to help promote ODW in the market place.
- Work closely with Marketing Department to develop necessary materials to increase sales.
The Business Development Manager, or Account Executive, performs such other duties as may be temporarily or permanently assigned.
Required Experience and Education:
This Business Development Manager (Account Executive) position requires a college degree, preferable in business, marketing, English or communications, and at least 2-3 years of 3PL warehouse experience. Must have superior written and oral communication skills; good computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and excellent interpersonal skills. Must have minimum competence at graphic design and preparation of sales and marketing materials.
Business Development Manager/Account Executive
Reports To: VP of Sales and Marketing
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Schedule: Varies based on business need. Typically 8AM - 5PM, weekend work as needed
Travel Required: 5%
Any combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
This Business Development Manager/Account Executive job description in no way states or implies the duties listed above are the only duties to be performed by the associate incumbent in this position. Associate will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position, which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities represent essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
ODW Logistics is an equal opportunity employer.