Business Systems Analyst (Supply Chain/ Logistics Industry)
Candidate must have at least 5 years of Business Systems Analysis with techno-functional experience in the supply chain and/or logistic application area.
This individual will provide applications support including troubleshooting of enterprise freight and customs brokerage related systems. As well as participate in the planning, design, development and launch of all business systems. Duties include, gathering and analyzing data, creating project proposals and analyzing system requirements. Tasks include business systems analysis, application configuration, application administration, database administration, report writing, EDI, and similar business end user supports.
- Provide support and assist with production system related issues
- Collaborate with project managers to determine project scope and how to execute projects.
- Work with key members of various departments and other members of the IT team, third party vendors to identify and resolve application issues, system enhancements, and new user requirements.
- Develop detailed functional designs, system specifications, including data conversion, interfaces, and custom reporting to ensure business requirements are met.
- Develop use cases, test cases and test new functionality/enhancements.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Prepare and propose recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential problem areas in application systems across the organization.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Proven experience managing an enterprise class application with multiple business units in supply chain, logistics and finance area.
- Proven systems analysis or systems design experience in multiple projects
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle and deployment methodologies as adopted by organizational needs.
- Understand and experience in project management and exposure to project management methodologies
- Experience with complex backend systems and web application integration, such as freight system, customs brokerage system, Procurement and logistic system for 3PL, 4PL, etc.
- Excellent experience with Crystal Reports and database management; such as SQL, Oracle, etc. Experience with data warehouse, BI, and dashboards solution is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills with strong customer service experience
- Highly self-motivated and directed with proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- College degree, preferably BS in Computer Science
Founded in 1981, OEC Group had a vision to provide comprehensive logistics services to clients. Today OEC Group serves destinations throughout the world and has grown into one of the leading logistics providers from Asia to North America. Our annual cargo volume has consistently put us in the top 2 position for Transpacific Trade. We provide freight transportation and logistics and information services to over 50,000 customers through a network of offices in North America, Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, and the Middle East.
Our cargo volume is leveraged with the most competitive rates in both ocean and air services. With OEC Group you have access to a variety of carriers without the contractual liability. With ever-changing market conditions and government regulations, logistics becomes more complex as years go by. OEC Group takes care of the complexities of logistics and allows you to focus on your core businesses.
OEC Group USA Locations:
Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Dallas, Phoenix, Chicago, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Kansas City, Saint Louis, Boston, Miami, New York, Philadelphia
Indeed - 6 months ago