1. Responsible for the integrity of general ledgers.
2. Coordinates the completion of the balance sheet account analysis.
3. Reviews cost center and chart of account structures. Makes recommendations as to cost center/account structure that will identify the nature of expenses to their proper area; assists in controlling annual expenditures and streamlines the data processing support required during month-end.
4. Prepares, verifies, and controls the entering of journal entries to the general ledger.
5. Evaluates subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enters corrected data into the general ledger. Performs all tasks associated with the general ledger, i.e., enters monthly journal entries, executes monthly closing entries, executes month-end general ledger (by cost center and by natural account).
6. Interfaces with Marketing to determine the monthly Advertising Deferral.
7. Reviews monthly balance sheet and profit-and-loss statements.
8. Coordinates monthly closing and production of financial statements to guarantee timely reporting.
9. Reviews, redesigns, and enhances the on-line financial statements to ensure that the information reported properly reflects the company's financial position.
10. Assists in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures.
11. Subsidiary Schedules: Reviews supporting schedules to ensure that the Company's accounting practices are being maintained, i.e., insurance, fixed assets, amortization of prepaid; makes recommendations where applicable.
12. Prepares insurance reporting schedules for all affiliates and outside locations. Reconciles the asset values reported to the various balance sheet accounts. Recommends changes to policy limits.
13. Prepares state sales and use tax reports.
14. Reconciles daily cash flow statements and reconciles to monthly bank statements. Provides weekly audit of checks held.
15. Reconciles payroll and cash disbursement accounts.
16. Reviews accounts payable aging and vendor statements for problems.
17. Reviews and documents present accounting practices and procedures