OMG, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of fastening products and technologies for the commercial roofing and other construction industries worldwide. With a main base of operations in Agawam, Massachusetts, and manufacturing facilities in Itasca, IL and Asheville, NC, OMG is an equal opportunity employer valuing integrity, teamwork, diversity, trust, respect, communication, accountability, proactive performance and a passion for excellence!
We are looking for Machine Operators to produce world class fasteners for OMG using safe machine operating techniques and effective lean manufacturing principles. We currently have openings on 1st and 2nd Shifts. The Machine Operator uses Cold Heading, Roll Threading, Pointing and Cellular Manufacturing to produce parts according to specifications and Kanban card requirements. Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the Machine Operator must be a team player and committed to delivering only the best quality to our customers!
- Sets up machine, observes operation, and inspects first run and sample work piece to ensure machining conforms to specifications.
- Reads blueprint or job order for product and job specifications such as wire type, dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be run, and tooling instructions.
- Selects, installs and adjusts specified tooling to conform to production run sheet and sets forming speeds and feed rates.
- Performs routine lubrication and preventative maintenance inspections as required.
- Observes all safety rules.
- Performs routine and preventative machine maintenance.
- Assists other machine operators to set up machine, and stack, mark, pack, and transport finished work pieces.
- Maintains a neat and well-organized work area.
- Other duties as directed by Shift Supervisor or Group Leader.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in cold-heading, pointing, and/or threading preferred.
- Capable of using standard tools and measurement devices such as micrometers, scales, rulers, depth gauges and calipers.
- Ability to interpret safety instructions, job orders, blueprints, quality specifications, and other related documents.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math and mechanical reasoning skills.
- Ability to contribute as part of a team.
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Good close vision and depth perception skills.
- Positive attitude, good judgment and excellent time management skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership!