The employee in this position is responsible for sorting, processing and/or delivery of mail. Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment and will be expected to uphold the Standards of Service and best practices developed by OMG.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receive and log accountable incoming mail/overnights on a daily basis.
2. Sort incoming mail.
3. Perform mail delivery tasks.
4. Process outgoing mail according to Postal requirements.
5. Sort Company mail, specific bulletins and correspondence.
6. Monitor and listen to clients to understand inquiries and requests in order to provide accurate information about the facilities and services and prompt assistance
7. Ensure the delivery of faxes/parcels in a timely manner
8. Immediate attention given to clients entering Mail Center
9. Adhere to the Standards of Excellence
10. Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Field Support Supervisor or Account Manager
1. Be personable, articulate, knowledgeable and professional in presenting oneself in a professional setting
2. Ability to learn skills quickly
3. Multi-tasking abilities in dealing with several projects at one time
4. Attention to detail
5. Ability to function with a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy in handling any complaints/situations
6. Excellence verbal and written communication skills
7. Excellent organizational skills
8. Strong initiative required; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of postal equipment preferred
- Familiarity with USPS general guidelines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Fine and/or gross motor skills, including the ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages on a standard wheeled cart with a load capacity of 100lbs.
- Ability to walk, bend, kneel, stand, and/or sit for an extended period of time
- Manual dexterity required for operating office machinery (phone, copy machines, binding equipment, etc)
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- The ability to lift approximately 50lbs. on a regular basis.