140005DC : Instructional Designer
Worksite location and Zip Code: Arlington, VA area
OMNITEC Solutions (http://www.omnitecinc.com) provides a wide range of analytical and strategic management support to the DOD / Navy acquisition portfolio of programs. We have an anticipated opening for an experienced Instructional Designer to operate at a Subject Matter Expert Level II. This will be a full-time position with on-site work required in the Arlington, Va. area.
US citizenship and a Secret Clearance or the ability to immediately obtain one is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support workforce development in the area of integrated project management, earned value management, risk management, and other Organizational Development/OD topics.
- Assess organizational needs, identify training targets, and build formalized training curriculums to address systemic performance issues, as well as ad-hoc training to close short-term skill and performance gaps as required/requested.
- Provide an assessment of overall learning culture and requirements, including development of a Strategic and Tactical training plan.
- Provide "train the trainer" support that ensures event reproducibility over time, and assist with the deployment of training.
- Related position titles would be Director Business Curriculum, Instructional Systems Designer.
· Masters degree in Instructional Systems Design, Organizational Development, Instruction, or related disciplines, preferred. A Bachelors degree with an additional six years of relevant experience may be substituted for a Masters degree.
- Twelve (12) years of experience in curriculum development and Instructional Systems Design (ISD), to include analyzing user needs, establishing training requirements, develop goals and objectives, and training programs including train the trainer.
- Candidate must be an expert in all aspects of the ISD process. This should include front-end analysis, evaluation systems, design and development of computer based and stand-up instruction.
- At least five (5) years of this experience should include working with highly technical subject matter experts supporting technology business or DOD acquisition programs, with a strong preference for experience developing new courses for Process Improvement, Advanced Analytics, EVM, IPM, etc.
- Development and implementation of performance measurement frameworks is required.
· US citizenship and a Secret Clearance or the ability to immediately obtain one.
Additional Helpful Skills:
Prior experience supporting US Navy SYSCOM's, other DOD agencies, or large civilian federal agencies.
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.