Newly created part-time (.80 FTE) position available for a candidate to be responsible for all human resource functions for our organization, including attracting, orienting, developing, motivating and retaining qualified staff. Candidate will ensure that policies, practices, and procedures are communicated and administered consistently and fairly, often with appropriate managers. Serves as an internal consultant to the organization on human resource issues. A Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management or related field is required. Five or more years in Human Resources with demonstrated employee relations skills and history of success. Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred. U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident status required. Position is eligible for benefits including paid time off, health and dental benefits, retirement saving and other supplemental benefits. Candidate would be responsible for:
· The development and administration of plans and procedures for all company personnel and contractors.
· Leads recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt staff, interns, volunteers, temporary employees and some contractor positions.
· Maintains compensation structure and assists in setting salary ranges; participates in salary surveys.
· Conducts pre-screening interviews with candidates, and reports results to appropriate manager.
· Conducts new employee, student intern and volunteer orientations. As appropriate, advises staff on available benefits and assists staff with enrollment.
· Develop and facilitate training and development program as directed.
· Acts as OSHA safety coordinator; maintains OSHA log
· Provide accurate, informative and timely human resources information to employees and management.
· Maintains Affirmative Action program including maintaining records, logs and reports. Maintains I-9 and E-Verify documentation of staff.
· Maintains and updates HR documents including employee and volunteer handbooks, job descriptions, provider contracts and agreements, time off requests.
· Coordinates annual performance evaluations. Trains and assists managers on the use of the evaluation forms and gives counsel or feedback to managers regarding reviews and performance improvement plans as needed.
· Provides employee relation support. Works with employees and managers to resolve issues and conflicts. Investigates, counsels, addresses with appropriate management and mediates disputes. Ensures that all issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
· Assists with providing up to date information for payroll processing to finance staff (including time reported does not do time reporting, changes in employment status, changes in wage or benefit deductions, etc.).
· Handles employee verifications (background check, drug screen, provider license, drivers license, employment references), provider insurance credentialing and insurance (is this the employee health insurance?), and unemployment claims. No it was liability insurance.
· Initiate and manage employee welfare and recognition programs (service awards, staff recognition, annual staff/family event, other events as determined)
· Administers all Leaves of Absence (FMLA, STD, LTD, etc). Responsible for worker’s compensation tracking, reporting claims, coordinating return to work, work restriction accomodations with employee and their manager.
· Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in efficiency of the department and patient satisfaction.
· Administers staff satisfaction surveys for patients
· Maintains compliance with federal and state employment regulations.
· Maintains compliance with provider and organization licensing, organization reporting as directed.
· Maintains contacts with insurance companies, and other vendors as required.
· Work with CEO on NHSC loan repayment applications and awards
· Manages human resources budget to include recruitment, retention and recognition efforts.
· Participates in Leadership Team meetings to report on activities and plan for departmental needs as directed.
· Perform all duties with a high-level of integrity, confidentiality and commitment.
· Promotes Open Door Health Center in a positive manner and conforms to all policies.
· Assume other projects, tasks and responsibilities as directed.
For more information, visit our website at www.odhc.org/career-opportunities. Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. If you are unable to submit cover letter through Indeed.com, please send to HR at the email address on our website's career page.