SCM Consultants may lead a key portion of an engagement. They apply a broad range of creative problem-solving skills, combining technical and analytical excellence. They are able to synthesize conclusions into recommendations and work directly with senior leaders to implement change.
Ideal candidates are able to originate and execute consulting projects, manage survey projects and advise clients on trends, performance and best practices. They develop functional and industry expertise that they then apply across a broad range of OPS Rules practice areas and solution offerings to help clients achieve their operational objectives.
The intense exposure to senior level consulting professionals (principal and partner) provides an accelerated learning platform and an opportunity for promotion to senior consultant and project manager roles in a two to four year period.
- Develop reporting requirements to resolve a variety of business-related problems. Develop reports and data requirements to optimize analysis capability. Improve reporting and analytics processes and tools as necessary. Work with IT or relevant business units to recommend improvements to systems and reports.
- Conduct trend/root cause analysis. Document business case analysis and translates business requirements into process/functional design/system solutions.
- Evaluate business process implications of system requirements and make appropriate redesign recommendations. Provide technical insight with respect to each functional area and share expertise on concerns with integrating with other current systems.
- Collaborate with project manager(s) to drive the integrity and completeness of functional area projects, programs and solutions. Performs Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Return On Investment (RIO), and/or Net Present Value (NPV) and other relevant financial analysis.
- Communicate project status by publishing high quality project reports and presentations.
- Assist with the development of project plans including the creation of detailed work plans and timelines using project management tools.
- BA or MSc in Industrial Engineering or similar; or an MBA with operations focus; or graduate of Logistics from top university.
- Analytics background with a sound understanding of the basics of statistics, optimization, simulation, predictive analytics
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively present information; respond to questions from leadership team, clients, and colleagues; influence decision making; and implement project deliverables
- Able to work effectively as part of a team or independently as needed
- Knowledge and experience applying supply chain modeling and simulation concepts
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills and familiarity with project management systems/tools
Skills For success:
As a small and growing company there is a balance between short and long term needs so the candidate must have these personal characteristics:
- Motivated by challenges with a strong sense of commitment to objectives
- Integrity and clearly defined values; a sound understanding of the importance of honesty, fairness, and respect for others
- Flexibility in task assignment and context switching
- Willing to voice ideas, be open to others, and help everyone advance
Who we are:
We are a management consulting organization, comprised of professionals with more than 90 years combined experience in operations and management consulting. We specialize in providing our clients an innovative approach to their operational challenges. Our emphasis is on people intelligence, change management, enterprise and operational transformation for increased productivity and revenue. We customize and deliver solutions that bring relief to the point in need. For more information, visit our website at www.opsrules.com
What we provide:
- A first class working environment
- A compensation package designed to reward high performers
- Excellent benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, life, disability coverage and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Mentoring by a partner or senior principal of the firm
- Formal and on the job training
- Ongoing performance feedback and development
OPS Rules Management Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Keywords: Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Model, Process Design, Process Redesign, Configure, Implement, Project management, Project Manager, Finance, Financial Analyst, Consulting, Relationship management, Data analyst, Business intelligence, Order management, Enterprise, Supply chain, Planning, Business Process Improvement, Lean, Quality