Oak Crest Employee Reviews in United States

would think twice
ra (Former Employee) –  holland miMay 7, 2015
Decieved in the beginning def a place not for he residence. To much inside drama and that the residents are not priority, especially if you've worked there a while, and you know whos butt to kiss.worked many places and I've never come across a job or faculty like this poor management and terrible hr
Pros
convenient location
Cons
so many
Productive, always learning new things, deal with new attitudes each day.
Resident Assistant/CNA (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 3, 2013
You never know what you'll walk into everyday. It's always something new. Great place to work if you like to work with elderly. Oak Crest taught me how to be patience and learn how to observe quickly and ways to respond. Management is good, always willing to work with schedule. Co-workers are great always willing to help each other out. Hardest part is not knowing what the day will be like. I really enjoy working with others and learning new residents.
Pros
always productive
it was a great experience to interact with residents and learn historical facts and way of life
CNA (Former Employee) –  dekalb ilAugust 8, 2013
taking care of residents and providing companionship to them was the greatest part of this job, however coworkers were less than pleasant to be around. i was trained by a young lady that had no idea of how to properly take care of the residents and make them feel comfortable and safe. her hygiene practices for the residents was more than dissatisfying and incredible disrespectful.
Pros
being able to provide proper care of residents and make them feel at home
Cons
poor associates that had no intention of respecting residents
Best place to work!
Communications Specialist- PRN (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MarylandDecember 11, 2012
Oak Crest is a wonderful place to work! The culture and values allow the staff to feel good about the company and to trust that the quality of care provided is superior. Many of the staff have been at Oak Crest since the beginning and many others have left and come back! Many of the staff have advanced through Erickson or within Oak Crest itself. Every staff member is valued and given opportunity for advancement and to learn on the job or through various educational opportunities. Communication is clear and quality leadership is provided. I would highly recommend Oak Crest for Career or volunteer opportunities!
Enjoyable work place, great friendly co-workers
Home Health Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDAugust 1, 2012
Bascially Oak Crest was and new work place for me, being a retirement community. The residents were friendly and very fun. A typical work day wouls consist of data entry, filing, and asnwering phones. I've learned new stratergies of handling difficult work situations, new ways to work hard to accomplish my dreams and goals. My co-workers treated me like family and they were very strong on team-work, which made it very easy to get things done in the office. Far as the management team there are some things they need to improve in but in all fair they did an ok job.
Pros
family oriented company, very big on birthdays and holidays
Cons
lunch break was a half hour...i think it should be at least forty-five mintues to a hour
Fun place to work.
Lead Clinical Aid (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 24, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships I have formed with the residents. You can learn so much from your elders. The hardest part of my job is when a resident passes on.
Pros
i have a good relationship with my co workers which relates back to the elders.
Cons
have to work every other weekend and holiday.
A nice place to work. Wonderful people
Lead/Supervisor RA (Current Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 9, 2014
I enjoy working with the residents and getting to know them. I enjoy my coworkers and working together as a team. The hardest part of my job is when imported messages don't get carried on.
If the position is not PT/FT don't take it
Home Support Aide (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDApril 23, 2013
When you first get the postion as a flex HSS aide you get all the hours you want but after three months you are barely able to support yourself because they stop giving you the hours that they gave you in the beginning.
Not a fun workplace and management did not handle themselves very well
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Sycamore ILJuly 30, 2013
Morning at 6am set up tables for breakfast and served juice coffee then lunch was served and we cleaned up the tables and set them up for dinner .
best job
Home Support Aide (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MDAugust 13, 2014
great co-workers, the clients are easy to work for, sometimes they have a bad day overall it is a great place to work where one can grow career wise. great boss too.
unitiy
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDFebruary 4, 2014
working with this company was one of the b est I work with . great people great place
Pros
great food
Cons
more hours
Gave me a good work life balance.
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDAugust 12, 2012
Good place to work with benefits but the job was not challenging enough for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oak Crest. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9