Oak Hill Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A very good secure job and a good experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 6, 2016
It was a good experience. Working with the nurses and Charge nurse was amazing. They were all very helpful. The Director was wishy washy at times but overall the experience was positive.
not happy
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 23, 2016
sit by your phone ,job hunting for 3 months and nothing.....very rude
and very unapproachable.......... maybe someone else would hire someone with 12 years medical experience.....
Pros
i got on the webpage for hca
Cons
no response/ or answers
ok place
Emergency Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJuly 21, 2016
Crazed manager very hard to get along with likes to play games and pin the tail on the donkey. She needs to move on and do somthing else not COO material.
poor work/life balance
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLFebruary 22, 2016
the director is very unapproachable and does not keep the staff in the loop.

my co-workers are all awesome and caring and do all that we can to provide the greatest care for the sickest patients
Union Sucks
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMarch 18, 2016
I would still be working there if not for having to be a part of the Union. The Union, not your performance dictates pay raises
Great place to grow as a healthcare professional.
Interim Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 7, 2015
There are many opportunities to innovate pharmacy practice at Oak Hill Hospital. Physicians are willing to engage other disciplines for the benefit of patient care.
productive and enjoyable place to work
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 6, 2015
A typical work day in the ER was always at a fast moving pace. I learned how to be a vey strong team player, and that managemnt was always there to help. My co-workers were always approachable, and there when needed. The hardest part of my job was when equipment did not work. the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people and make them fell well.
Pros
buddy system
Cons
No lunch breaks or if there were they were short
Enjoyed both management and co-workers.
LPN Staff Nurse then RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLOctober 7, 2015
A great learning experience for a new or seasoned person wanting to work in the medical field. We all worked together to assist patients to the optimal of health. Great workplace.
Pros
Great for the community.
fun place to work
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJuly 15, 2015
Overall nice working environment with friendly people. There are some busy days but most of them are steady and most of the doctors are easy to get along with. Management is great. Co-workers are awesome and helpful.
Pros
pay and people
Cons
small hospital and no traumas
Work in Progress
Registered Nurse-Orthopaedic/Spine-Post Surgical (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 11, 2015
Nurse to patient ratios are of concern on all units. Although the environment for nursing is improving, there is still room for significant improvement. Nurses are fantastic and supportive as colleagues, although management and directors seem less concerned with the nurse experience. Patient population is great to work with. Patient safety is a concern for me at this facility.
Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 22, 2015
I love my job in the nuclear medicine field. The patients' are enjoyable. Teamwork is always a plus at night from the other departments in the radiology hall.
Pros
my patients
Cons
advancement
I enjoyed working for a professional, family like environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FloridaApril 15, 2015
The typical day included working with physicians and ancillary staff to provide best patient care.
I enjoyed my co-workders, helping each other make the most of each day.
Pros
Clean, quiet environment.
Cons
Working past the end of the shift, most days.
Short Staffing, No breaks, Cliques
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  labJanuary 27, 2015
The company itself is great. However, the lab is always understaffed and PRN employees can work 40+hours a week. You are mostly short staffed on 2nd shift and rarely get a break. The management is not the best. The phlebotomist manager is best friends with a lot of the employees which causes cliques to be formed and a conflict of interest. Nothing is confidential.
Pros
work as many hours as you want
Cons
understaffed, no breaks, no benefits for prn, poor management
great hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJuly 7, 2015
its a bigger hospital in the hernando county nice people to work with. great compensation and benefits. love working there again.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
shorten working hrs.
Great place to work.
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 27, 2015
Professional and very friendly staff. Excellent educational opportunities. Leadership easy to work for. A hospital that really seems to care for their employees.
Great place for clinical staff
Food and Nutrition Supervisor (Former Employee) –  brooksville FLFebruary 19, 2015
I worked in food services so I did not reap the benefits of working there as much as the clinical staff but overall everyone was happy and friendly for the most part.
Pros
stable job
Cons
managers are complacent, change is met with resistance, salary personnel are taken advantage of
It is a great job for a student with a schedule
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 9, 2013
I would load and clean trays, serve food on a scheduled floor and return to pick up and clean patients area. I would service my patients with kindness and understanding and maybe make them smile.
Management did not teach me much I was thrown in to learn the food service by myself.
My co-workers were a super bunch of people, still friends till this day.
Hardest part was training myself and learning from my mistakes.
Enjoyable part was seeing the patients smile.
Pros
great student job
Cons
no advancement and very stressful.
Great place to work at.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLAugust 28, 2013
My experience at Oak Hill was great, I was a CNA with no experience, they took me in a taught me from the bottom up. They invested the time and effort to make me the employee they thought their patients deserved. The coworkers were friendly and helpful in all events. Working with the patients wasn't always easy but was very rewarding on many levels. I feel I gained a great amount of needed and critical knowledge at this facility.
Pros
flexible hours, coworkers functioned as a team, great morale.
Easy Job and good pay, hard to get rid of bad employees
Fans Assistant Dietary Department (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Oak Hill Hospital is a good place to have a job. The work is not bad I can only talk about in the Cafeteria however the only big issue is that people who are not doing their jobs get away with it if they know how to, this leaves the rest of the employees to pick up the slack
Pros
free lunch, good starting pay, good work conditions
Cons
people who don't do their job.
Just do your job and meet your quota
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 14, 2013
Transport patients to Radiology Department for tests. How to transfer patients in a safe and efficient manner. Management was numbers oriented as to how many patients were moved during a shift. Moving larger patients. Being able to get patients to tests that they needed in a safe and efficient manner.
Pros
helping people to get to tests that they needed .
Cons
constant push to meet quota.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oak Hill Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Oak Hill Hospital Reviews by Location