Oak Hill Hospital Employee Reviews

travel friendly/ new grad friendly... willing to train
Travel RN (ICU) (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMay 1, 2017
So I came to this hospital working ICU but you can get floated 1 or 2 times a week if the numbers are low. Every floor they floated me to was nice, helpful and friendly. You get the feeling that the nurses really want to help the patients and take pride in their job. In the ICU/ER I can say the charge nurses are helpful and willing to help out whenever you are having a problem. The charge nurses at this hospital are actual a good resource to use when needed and will check on you throughout the shift to see how you are doing. Staffing is like most places with hit an miss days, sometimes you may get tripled but the staff and charge nurses are very good about helping you out when this happens (even when your patient needs to go to CT they will try and take them for you). its HCA so the scheduling is done by open selection so I did enjoy that. the overall travel experience has been a good one on day shift. so much so that 3 of us have signed up for another 13 weeks. the workers and management really try to help you feel like part of the staff family. would recommend to first time travelers for ICU for sure.
Pros
the staff and charge nurses
Cons
sometimes you get tripled in ICU
not a happy place to work for
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLFebruary 17, 2017
small hospital.
under staffed did not feel valued as a employee most of the time.
very stressed for the last year 1/2 i worked there.
the management isnt too good . at least where i was.
Nice Facility
Clinical Dietitian-PRN (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FL 34613December 4, 2016
Good Facility to work for. Upper management is focused on growth/expansion/quality/training of staff. Upper management is personable and collaborative.
The right way to deal with work.
Food and Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLOctober 18, 2016
A typical day at work is just another day of you enjoying your job, You learn all kinds of things throughout the day. it may be a very big thing or something as little as where something should be placed. You are not always going to get along with all of your co-workers but you are going to have to have a good attitude and work together. The hardest part during the day is might be learning something new. The most enjoyable part of the day is making customers happy and getting the job done.
Issues with management- no one cares
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Loved my job, loved my co-workers. Management needs work or to just be replaced all together. Very stressful when boss is around but great place to work when he's not.
Pros
co workers
Cons
boss
ok place
Emergency Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJuly 21, 2016
Crazed manager very hard to get along with likes to play games and pin the tail on the donkey. She needs to move on and do somthing else not COO material.
A great place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 25, 2016
It's been several years, but my manager was very nice and tried to work with everyone's needs and wants regarding scheduling.
The hardest part of the job was the nurse/patient ratio at the time.
From what I understand, that problem has been improved through legislation in the last ten years.
not happy
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 23, 2016
sit by your phone ,job hunting for 3 months and nothing.....very rude
and very unapproachable.......... maybe someone else would hire someone with 12 years medical experience.....
Pros
i got on the webpage for hca
Cons
no response/ or answers
A very good secure job and a good experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 6, 2016
It was a good experience. Working with the nurses and Charge nurse was amazing. They were all very helpful. The Director was wishy washy at times but overall the experience was positive.
Union Sucks
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMarch 18, 2016
I would still be working there if not for having to be a part of the Union. The Union, not your performance dictates pay raises
poor work/life balance
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLFebruary 22, 2016
the director is very unapproachable and does not keep the staff in the loop.

my co-workers are all awesome and caring and do all that we can to provide the greatest care for the sickest patients
Great place to grow as a healthcare professional.
Interim Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 7, 2015
There are many opportunities to innovate pharmacy practice at Oak Hill Hospital. Physicians are willing to engage other disciplines for the benefit of patient care.
Enjoyed both management and co-workers.
LPN Staff Nurse then RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLOctober 7, 2015
A great learning experience for a new or seasoned person wanting to work in the medical field. We all worked together to assist patients to the optimal of health. Great workplace.
Pros
Great for the community.
Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 22, 2015
I love my job in the nuclear medicine field. The patients' are enjoyable. Teamwork is always a plus at night from the other departments in the radiology hall.
Pros
my patients
Cons
advancement
productive and enjoyable place to work
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 6, 2015
A typical work day in the ER was always at a fast moving pace. I learned how to be a vey strong team player, and that managemnt was always there to help. My co-workers were always approachable, and there when needed. The hardest part of my job was when equipment did not work. the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people and make them fell well.
Pros
buddy system
Cons
No lunch breaks or if there were they were short
fun place to work
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJuly 15, 2015
Overall nice working environment with friendly people. There are some busy days but most of them are steady and most of the doctors are easy to get along with. Management is great. Co-workers are awesome and helpful.
Pros
pay and people
Cons
small hospital and no traumas
great hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJuly 7, 2015
its a bigger hospital in the hernando county nice people to work with. great compensation and benefits. love working there again.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
shorten working hrs.
Great place to work.
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 27, 2015
Professional and very friendly staff. Excellent educational opportunities. Leadership easy to work for. A hospital that really seems to care for their employees.
Work in Progress
Registered Nurse-Orthopaedic/Spine-Post Surgical (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 11, 2015
Nurse to patient ratios are of concern on all units. Although the environment for nursing is improving, there is still room for significant improvement. Nurses are fantastic and supportive as colleagues, although management and directors seem less concerned with the nurse experience. Patient population is great to work with. Patient safety is a concern for me at this facility.
I enjoyed working for a professional, family like environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FloridaApril 15, 2015
The typical day included working with physicians and ancillary staff to provide best patient care.
I enjoyed my co-workders, helping each other make the most of each day.
Pros
Clean, quiet environment.
Cons
Working past the end of the shift, most days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oak Hill Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9