Oak Park Place Employee Reviews

Understaffed, lack of encouragement, and high stress
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 6, 2017
Starting your shift you clean the kitchen, TV room, bathrooms, med rooms, finish laundry that is left over and mop all floors. Doing rounds every two hours and answer pages as needed. Providing personal care for tenants.
Pros
tenants are sweet and understanding
Cons
poor managament and low pay wages
Productive and stayed busy most of the time
Cna (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IADecember 10, 2016
A typical day consisted of getting residents up and assisting them with daily cares and doing activities with them. I learned to be independent from doing this job. The management was not very good here, they weren't very organized. BUT my co-workers were amazing and so were the residents. The most enjoyable part was seeing the residents every day.
Great workplace with helpful employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI\March 15, 2017
As a CNA, a typical day involves getting vitals, passing waters, and helping residents with activities of daily living.
Management is very helpful and the residents are lovely. The job can be tiring but very rewarding.
The experience
CNA Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 22, 2016
I am a Team Leader/CNA. I am the supervisor on my unit for my shift. I have to make sure all showers were given, rooms are neat, trays passed, charting on the residents are done, and call lights to be answered at a max of 10 minutes. Sometimes that does not happen depending on the day, but they are answered in a timely manner. I have learned a great amount of Team work from my co workers. If we help them out, then they will help us out. The co workers and the nurses are great there! Management is okay in some areas. The helping on the Management is very slim, but it depends on the person from management. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my residents see my face and light up. They depend on me so much and I try my best to take very good care of them. Also, my co workers and seeing them everyday.
Pros
Free lunches 1x a month, co workers and some benefits
Cons
sometimes the lack of help, and overworked.
Great place to work and advance.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 13, 2016
Very enjoyable work place, small enough that you get to know the residents and staff, but they still offer better pay and benefits than most of the larger companies. If you work hard and show up, you're rewarded!
Pros
Pay, benefits are competitive, good food!
Amazing place to work
Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 6, 2016
Wonderful place to work, patient care is number one, the owner is in the building most days and is very hands on with not only the residents but with his employees. Management cares about the staff and make it known with lots of little tokens of appriciation like random tickets to badgers games. Staffing can be an issue sometimes and stress levels can be high but this seems to be the norm in healthcare these days. This is by far the best healthcare facility I have ever worked.
personal care assistant/ medical assistant
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Medical Passer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 15, 2016
Assisting residents with all needs such as bathing/showering, toileting, feeding, room cleans, helping transfer to and from activities. supplying medications to resident as needed and scheduled.
Micromanaged
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 10, 2016
I managed the operations of the dietary department. managed afood and labor budget, set all vendor deliveries and did monthly staff schedules of about 15 staff members.
Overall great company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Menasha, WIJune 2, 2016
This company is great to work for. I love the residents and the staffs there. Brand new building and great place to work at.
Pros
New building, staffs, benefits
Resident focused care is the most important thing!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 6, 2016
Resident focused care is of the highest importance which is great. Compliance with regulations is always of importance. Great residents and families.
Pros
Staff are recognized
Cons
Long Hours, Staff Turnover
Cargiving experinece
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 24, 2015
A typical day at Oak park was fun but yet, very hard at times. I learned a lot about my residents and the kind of people that worked at oak park. Management wasnt very open to others and what they had going on in their lives. I liked my Co-workers a lot got along with every single one of them. The hardest part of the job was seeing a resident pass or in pain. The most enjoyable part was seeing them smile and actually happy.
A Very Caring Company
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 17, 2015
I love my job at Oak Park Place. They pride themselves on a very clean campus and I couldn't be happier with my co-workers.

What really speaks to me about the company is their concern for their staff. They have tons of great benefit programs and initiatives and the HR department is always trying to educate everyone on all that they have to offer.

Not only do they show support for staff but you can tell how much they love the residents. We have so many amazing events that take place throughout the year, not just for the residents but for the entire community. Oak Park Place is definitely a place that cares for everyone.
Pros
Benefits, Great 401K plan, Care for Staff and Residents
fun
Part time receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 5, 2016
Good place to work, enjoy the residents they have many stories to tell it makes today's people lives seem so more simple.
Pros
great
Cons
NA
Large amount of work but really worth it.
PCA (Patient Care Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WINovember 6, 2015
The amount of work OPP asks of their staff is a lot. But this company pays well as great benefits for employee and family. The DOH there fights for staff and is always helping out on floor. Great people work there and truly care for the residents. Nothing but great things to say for OPP
Pros
Great work pay
Cons
Alot of work for 8 hours
Nursing Home
Cook (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 3, 2016
Cooking for the residents is challenging but beneficial
Paid Holidays
Paid time off
over time is always available
have pretty good benefits
fun work place and there wasn't a day I didnt want to come to work, because the residents will capture your heart:}
LPN Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 12, 2013
Management would work with your life balance. Schedule was very flexible. State survey's were always great. The people were fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was leaving. I learned so much from this job in different ways from other nursing jobs. I learned the customer service and supervisory aspects of nursing and truly found a part of nursing I really enjoy!
Pros
the residents steal your heart and that keeps you coming back.
Cons
new management now. its not the same place:( keep track of the state reviews, employee retainment, and how resident retainment is decreasing.
very unorganized and heavy turn over in staff and management
certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 13, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is the residents and getting to know them and there family's. Over all it is a very unorganized place to work and the turn over rate with staff and management makes things pretty difficult. The co-workers and staff get into cliques and its based on favoritism. It is very hard to move up and the raises are not much it almost makes you feel stuck in the same place.
Pros
the residents are wonderful
Cons
unorganized
Grass is not always greener on other side
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  WauwatosaNovember 19, 2014
I've worked at OPP Tosa for a bit now and keep hearing of old co-workers who either quit or were let go that keep trying to come back. Obviously the grass is not always greener on the other side. Overall this building is nice, the residents are great and the main management is good but we've had some trouble in department management before. There is usually over time offered but we sometimes run short which is frustrating. I do think the pay isn't as much as other places though and there is never a set schedule but there pretty good at giving you time off if you need it or working with school schedules but there is no direct deposit! I have to actually cash a paper paycheck and go pick it up on payday.
Pros
Residents, enjoy job
Cons
Low pay, no direct deposit of check
Management led to my resignation
Nursing Home Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 13, 2012
Before the new management of their second building, they were great on all fronts. After the new management took over, I was working at ratios of 3 workers:40 patients. It became overwhelming, but I tolerated it for the sake of the residents.

Then came a night where I was the only person working with the residents on my floor aside from a medication passer. She is also part of this new management who had taken over. That night I had 4 residents fall in a 30 minute period. It was unsafe, unfair to them, and unbearable for me. The next day I resigned.

Otherwise, the main building is great. The core of it is good, but when I worked there, it had wilted.
Pros
small smoke breaks during downtime.
Cons
wasteful food habits, poor management in building 2
I would not go back to work there again
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 16, 2015
On a typical day, you would be short handed and have to do double the work. If you work second shift there are certain people that take too many smoke brake in a 4-6 hr. shift, but most of your other co-workers are easy to get along with. The residents there are really sweet and caring of you and others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oak Park Place. Our community is ready to answer.

54%