Oak Park Place Employee Reviews

People who actually care
Advocate Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIJanuary 22, 2018
I really love my co workers, they are an incredible team. They are all balls of smiles and sunshine, incredibly positive, caring individuals and or Directors are amazing they come out and help people.
Great Place
HR (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 16, 2018
Great company to work for. Managers are understanding and helpful. Training can be intense as every company has it's own lingo and acronyms. Fast paced and fun!
Pros
Cheap meals, friendly co-workers, work out facilty and pool that the staff can use.
Cons
Not sure of any
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 9, 2018
The best part about working here is the relationships you develop with the residents and their families. One of the cons about this place is that they are very understaffed, leaving many worker overworked. Compensation should have been better than average and there was no room for advancement.
The Mount Pleasant location is an awesome place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 6, 2018
I love everything about my job, pay, insensitives, management, everything! Although we are a newer addition to the Oak Park Place brand I believe we are off to a great start.
Pros
Pay
Loved residents and shift workers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIDecember 14, 2017
Low pay
Great residents and families
Shift workers become second family
Management above director is absolute garbage and they dont care about emoloyees whatsoever.
Always wanting to make additions and upgrades but cant afford decent wages for good employees or funds for resident engagements.
Pros
Memories, some great staff
Cons
Some absolute trash staff members, lower pay for cna work, upper management sucks
Corporate Support
Director of Housing Operations (Current Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 8, 2017
Logistics doesn't match culture. Zero standardization, write policies, or concrete vision. Only a few of disconnected corporate "support" members who are too overworked to help.
Great Place but Horrible Co-Workers to work with
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 30, 2017
I loved it there, but very poor management! The people there were so mean to the the residents! Always cursing at the residents. I come to realize while working there that the only reason they were mean or rude to the staff is because the staff was so rude to them as well.
Pros
Sweet residents
Cons
Poor Managements and staff
enjoyed taking care of residents. great co workers
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIOctober 31, 2017
I enjoyed working with residents and my co workers. Time went by fast always busy doing something either passing medications to giving a shower to visiting with residents, or serving meals.
Pros
Time went by fast, great co workers and management
Cons
no room for advancement.
Terrible Management
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 26, 2017
They don’t care about their employees when it comes to them being sick. They fired me because I called in two days in a row because I was sick. They will not excuse you unless you have a fever and two other symptoms. Their training is on the floor is only 4 days to get to know almost 100 residents. Their managers are not understanding people. I would NEVER work their again.
Cons
Short breaks, no free food, attendance policy, poor on the floor training, co workers are lazy
Revamp Entire Orientation Process
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 20, 2017
I worked at Oak Park Place and when I was hired I told them I never worked in an Assisted Living/Nursing home. They said no problem. I asked how long is orientation and I was told as long as you need. I was let go after 2 weeks because my orientation was taking to long. The DOA told me the orientation was 2 days.
Pros
Retain Staff/Less Turnovers
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 13, 2017
I worked there 10 years, very stressful!! The director of housing and director of nursing changed an average every year. Parent company doesn’t seem to care. So many department changes over the years!!
Pros
Residents are very friendly
Cons
Poor management
Fun workplace at time
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WISeptember 7, 2017
Typical day at work is doing breakfast with the residents and then going down to do dishes. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my residents everyday.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Not a job for slower person
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIAugust 30, 2017
Oak park place is fast pace. calling in is looked down on and you have to find someone to work for you . No one day is the same and your working with and around people that are older.
Pros
working around older people
Cons
to many to list
Activity games with residents
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 16, 2017
I had a lot of fun connecting with all the residents my time being there. Some of them always had a story to tell me every time I come clean their rooms. One time I came into a residents room and she told me I took her pain away just by coming into the room smiling made me feel good about myself as a person.
Beautiful new building - caring staff
Director of Clinical Health Services (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIJuly 31, 2017
Oak Park Burlington has caring staff that are extremely resident focused. The management team strives to provide quality care at the level needed for each resident while supporting care staff. The caregivers are hard workers, they are loving and reliable. They pitch in when needed and work well together. The best part of our jobs is getting to know the residents in our care and hearing their life story. We are honored to be a part of their future.
Empty Promises and poor leadership
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 25, 2017
New leadership staff was brought in to "assist" the location with issues surrounding compliance and activities. The leader works with all locations but is rude, condescending, unprofessional, inappropriate, and a bully. When employee went to direct supervisor and owner, concerns went unanswered. When employee inquired to HR about rights surrounding the bullying piece, the request went unanswered. Multiple employees have left now as a result without a care from upper management. The organization claims employee support and a family atmosphere but the only family I experienced were the residents, whom I loved each dearly. I feel bad for the residents and the remaining caregivers who are forced to stay. Prior to the addition of this staff, we were able to work together to solve problems; after the addition, we were made to feel degraded, stupid, and worthless.
Pros
residents
Cons
pay, management
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 5, 2017
Oak park place is a very clean work environment. But, the management is not very good and the pay is not either. The residents are amazing that is the only reason I love what I do.
love the fast pace
Personal Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 29, 2017
very busy and faced paced environment. from answering call lights to helping in the kitchen never much down time. but makes for a fast day. I enjoy making my residents happy.
Assistant Director of housing (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working for this company is being able to care for the residents and them appreciating everything that you do for them. The company is very diverse. I have learned a lot through out the years working for this company. The hardest part of the job is making sure that there is sufficient staff.
Benefits
Cons
30 min breaks
Bad management
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIMay 22, 2017
I came in with new management. 3 months later in comes a whole new management team. Staff or residents weren't even informed of new management. New management is very rude, disrespectful, and flat out bully. Numerous staff members have complained to upper management and nothing was done. Before there were problems and concerns but we worked through them.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oak Park Place. Our community is ready to answer.