Oak Park Place Employee Reviews in United States

Nursing Home
Cook (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 3, 2016
Cooking for the residents is challenging but beneficial
Paid Holidays
Paid time off
over time is always available
have pretty good benefits
Cargiving experinece
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 24, 2015
A typical day at Oak park was fun but yet, very hard at times. I learned a lot about my residents and the kind of people that worked at oak park. Management wasnt very open to others and what they had going on in their lives. I liked my Co-workers a lot got along with every single one of them. The hardest part of the job was seeing a resident pass or in pain. The most enjoyable part was seeing them smile and actually happy.
A Very Caring Company
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 17, 2015
I love my job at Oak Park Place. They pride themselves on a very clean campus and I couldn't be happier with my co-workers.

What really speaks to me about the company is their concern for their staff. They have tons of great benefit programs and initiatives and the HR department is always trying to educate everyone on all that they have to offer.

Not only do they show support for staff but you can tell how much they love the residents. We have so many amazing events that take place throughout the year, not just for the residents but for the entire community. Oak Park Place is definitely a place that cares for everyone.
Pros
Benefits, Great 401K plan, Care for Staff and Residents
Large amount of work but really worth it.
PCA (Patient Care Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WINovember 6, 2015
The amount of work OPP asks of their staff is a lot. But this company pays well as great benefits for employee and family. The DOH there fights for staff and is always helping out on floor. Great people work there and truly care for the residents. Nothing but great things to say for OPP
Pros
Great work pay
Cons
Alot of work for 8 hours
quiet and small
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILNovember 2, 2015
Clened apartments and building and kept the gropunds cleaned. liked working with the management and received a bonus for quality work.
Poor
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 29, 2015
Poor Communication, Director of Nursing changes every couple of months. Bad scheduling. Sometimes don't even have the staff on the schedule. Poor Management
Oak Park Place
Housekeeping and Serving residents Meals (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIAugust 1, 2015
I was very Pleased with working at Oak Park Place, the environment was pleasant and the residents made me happy that i came to work everyday. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Oak Park Place and would recommend it to anyone who asked me about it. I learned a lot of the different aspect of healthcare, including being trained in Med passing and had further training in Dementia And Alzheimer's Care which made me more proficient at my Job. My Co-Workers were very pleasant, it was a great team effort that was put into making everyday memorable for the residents there.The hardest part of the job were the hours in which they required weekends and call ins, which having a child was an inconvenience but i did what was necessary while i was employed with the company. The part i most enjoyed about the job were the outings that i helped coordinate and while i was employed. The residents really enjoyed leaving the building to go in the community. We had two very memorable outings while i was employed, one was to the Circus World Museum and the other to Devils Lake, both outings were a hit with the residents.
Pros
Being Able to help Residents and make their day
Cons
Not having enough outlets to use all of my talents and skills for the residents benefit
Productive and fun work place.
PTA-PRN (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 19, 2015
Thoroughly enjoy working here. Fun, and efficient place to work. Co-workers are friendly and professional. Management is approachable.
Not the Worst Place to Work, But Also Not the Best
RN (Current Employee) –  Madison, WisconsinMay 12, 2015
The campus is beautiful and well-maintained.
However, the overall environment is very dysfunctional. The owner/CEO is a micro-manager who will not entertain any new ideas and will not trust the team to do their jobs. People who work there seem discouraged. No one listens to the nurses: why pay for a new pool and a garden room when we don't have functional phones or computers for the nurses?
Lots of turnover in management. Even when new ones or good ones are hired they don't stay long. We have ridiculous in-services over and over. There is no mandating but nurses and CNAs are often asked to work extra. Management (Administrator and nurses) do help sometimes so that part is good. My co-workers are great and supportive of each other.
I have not had a job NOT offer direct deposit in years. Very inconvenient. It's like they enjoy making you come in every two weeks to beg for your check.
Pay is average for the area. Not the worst but definitely not the best no matter what the owner thinks.
I enjoy the residents and my co-workers.
Overall, the job is ok. Not special. You could do worse, but you could also do better.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
Owner and Upper Management do not listen to employees
Productive, fun place to work with residents,Horrible Managment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wawautosa,WIMarch 22, 2015
Oak Park Place, has alot of fun residents and it is very productive but the management is horrible. HOD is not fair with employees and they get away with a lot of wrong.
Feels like Home..
Receptionist /CNA-CBRF (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 26, 2015
I love coming to work every day. I stay busy between doing my desk work, helping the aides when needed and tending to the residents needs to make their day go just a little bit more smooth. I have learned to man up, come to work do what needs to be done and leave on a good note. These residents need our help and support some more than others, yet all deserve the same respect and kindness. I also work on the floor as well as at the desk. Working with these residents has opened my eyes to how life will be for young woman like myself in years to come when i can no longer help myself to daily living activities. I love all my Supervisors, they are very open to working around my hectic lifestyle, and dealing with being a mother of a young boy with little family support. The ARMS here at oak park are improving, there are stilll a few ARMS that need to understand the concept of actually being a manager and what the position actaully intails and speaking to the employee with dignity and respect. The hardest part of my job is to balance out the floor work and the desk work and try to keep them seperate from my home life. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how extermely happy I can make my resident with just a simple hello how is your day?.
Pros
cheerful residents; open minded supervisors; close knit employees
Cons
alot of overtime; no one to cover my shifts when dealing with illness
I would not go back to work there again
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 16, 2015
On a typical day, you would be short handed and have to do double the work. If you work second shift there are certain people that take too many smoke brake in a 4-6 hr. shift, but most of your other co-workers are easy to get along with. The residents there are really sweet and caring of you and others.
Grass is not always greener on other side
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  WauwatosaNovember 19, 2014
I've worked at OPP Tosa for a bit now and keep hearing of old co-workers who either quit or were let go that keep trying to come back. Obviously the grass is not always greener on the other side. Overall this building is nice, the residents are great and the main management is good but we've had some trouble in department management before. There is usually over time offered but we sometimes run short which is frustrating. I do think the pay isn't as much as other places though and there is never a set schedule but there pretty good at giving you time off if you need it or working with school schedules but there is no direct deposit! I have to actually cash a paper paycheck and go pick it up on payday.
Pros
residents, enjoy job
Cons
low pay, no direct deposit of check
Beautiful building great concern for families
Cook/CNA (on call) (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 7, 2014
can be a beautiful place to work but not enough accountability for mistakes , flaws and things that could be better, Lack of respect for staff and jobs wee done
Pros
always extra hours available
Cons
poor management and pay in dietary department
cleanly and productive
PCM/TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 13, 2014
caring for the elderly in daily activities. interacting with the residents families and doctors.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
very unorganized and heavy turn over in staff and management
certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 13, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is the residents and getting to know them and there family's. Over all it is a very unorganized place to work and the turn over rate with staff and management makes things pretty difficult. The co-workers and staff get into cliques and its based on favoritism. It is very hard to move up and the raises are not much it almost makes you feel stuck in the same place.
Pros
the residents are wonderful
Cons
unorganized
Activities / PCA
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 10, 2013
When I first started at Oak Park Place, I was a Personal Care Assistant in Assisted Living on Noc shift, 10:00pm to 6:30am. I assisted the care of O.P.P.'s residents. i.e. bathing, toileting, and getting dressed in the morning. I learned time management and communication skills. I did not have any problems with management or co-workers. The hardest part of my job was the first night I started, with adjusting to the Noc. shift hours. I most enjoyed spending the time with the residents.
I transferred from Assisted Living as a PCA to Skilled Memory Care Unit as an Activities Assistant, part time, 4:30pm to 8:00pm, due to pregnancy as well as doctors weight restrictions. As an Activities Assistant I interacted with the O.P.P.'s residents with activities. i.e. music, games, puzzles, and movies. I also, helped with feeding. I learned communication skills. I did not have any problems with management or co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the residents, I loved hearing their stories of their past.
fun work place and there wasn't a day I didnt want to come to work, because the residents will capture your heart:}
LPN Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 12, 2013
Management would work with your life balance. Schedule was very flexible. State survey's were always great. The people were fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was leaving. I learned so much from this job in different ways from other nursing jobs. I learned the customer service and supervisory aspects of nursing and truly found a part of nursing I really enjoy!
Pros
the residents steal your heart and that keeps you coming back.
Cons
new management now. its not the same place:( keep track of the state reviews, employee retainment, and how resident retainment is decreasing.
Management led to my resignation
Nursing Home Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 13, 2012
Before the new management of their second building, they were great on all fronts. After the new management took over, I was working at ratios of 3 workers:40 patients. It became overwhelming, but I tolerated it for the sake of the residents.

Then came a night where I was the only person working with the residents on my floor aside from a medication passer. She is also part of this new management who had taken over. That night I had 4 residents fall in a 30 minute period. It was unsafe, unfair to them, and unbearable for me. The next day I resigned.

Otherwise, the main building is great. The core of it is good, but when I worked there, it had wilted.
Pros
small smoke breaks during downtime.
Cons
wasteful food habits, poor management in building 2