Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Oak Ridge National Laboratory Employer Reviews

Cutting edge technology, success oriented, excellent work environment.
Senior Mechanical Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: intellectual, professional co-workers and leaders.
Cons: lack of private sector research funding.
Work is challenging, there is opportunity for growth, advancement, daily learning. Never bored in my job, co-workers and managers are supportive and the work group is cohesive.
The hardest part of the job was leaving it. I truly loved my work and never minded going in. I felt I was doing important work and would go back today.

lol

Great place to work as a young researcher
Post Baccalaureate Research Associate (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: great place to learn alot from.
Cons: location in oak ridge, tn
I spent most days in the lab either running samples or properly maintaing experiments. I spent alot of working on new skills i developed there.Such as ICP-OES Single pass flow through method, and mining through articles.
Diverse and active workplace
Human Resources/University Recruiting Intern (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 5, 2012
A typical day involved scanning in resumes, planning for events, attending career events. The environment is very diverse, opening, and friendly.

November 14, 2012

Way too many Human Resource people work @ ORNL. What a waste of tax payer money. Furthermore they are uneducated people in Human resources as the lab itself.

Excellent company, fair and willing to train
Sr. Secretary (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNAugust 23, 2012
Pros: great benefits
While at ORNL I learned many internal systems, trained on a Macintosh and had the opportunity to advance.
Excellent work place
D&D Project Engineer (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNJuly 20, 2012
Diverse safety culture; mostly exceptionally talented individuals.
Challenging
Postdoc Research Associate (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNJune 18, 2012
Good place to work.
Challenging and interesting.
Multiculture.
Great Place to Work
Small Business Liaison (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNApril 21, 2012
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: having to go through security to come and go
If you're fortunate enough to get a job at ORNL, it's a great thing. There are many opportunities to advance and increase your salary. The people are nice and the benefits are the best!
No promotions, Really don't care about workers, Losing money, management stinks
na (Former Employee), ORNLApril 14, 2012
Cons: can never move up.
Really don't care about workers, Losing money, management stinks.
Really never learned anything. Out of control costs, and over exaggerated for a Lab compared to other labs. Employees think it's a plant for some reason? I still can't figure where UT fits in the name...

November 14, 2012

Other labs have much more going for them, but they don't have a clue about other DOE Labs. They do real projects in other labs, and don't make like they are just working. Management really isn't management, and the people in these positions are really worried about their own jobs.

I absolutely loved my job
Printing Specialist (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNApril 9, 2012
Pros: cafeteria in area
Cons: i really don't have any
I interacted with customers and GPO. Took in jobs, printed them, did bindery, laminated (cold and hot), and folded them.
Compelling work that really mattered
Intern (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNMarch 6, 2012
Pros: outstanding pay
ORNL provided me with a fascinating and highly educational look into the vastly complex world of nuclear nonproliferation. I learned a tremendous amount about the nuclear fuel cycle, the development of nuclear weapons, and how these interplay into global politics today.
They work on some cool projects
Oak Ridge, TN (Former Employee), Student ResearcherNovember 5, 2011
ORNL is one of leading companies to work for. I got a chance integrate a security system that will monitor campus.

About Oak Ridge National Laboratory

It takes a lot of manpower to¬†build a nation's economic and energy security. That's why there's the US Department of Energy. The – Read more

Oak Ridge National Laboratory Photos